• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

ACT scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What did you all get? Any memebers who got low scores and are currently in or have graduated college, did it make a big diffenrence? I ended up getting a 17. I feel like a total failure now and that everything is over with now.

I think now I am going to try to find rich and powerful people to make friends with so I can get anything I want in life now.

S

secretdl26

Well, you probably don't want to see my score. (It is a lot higher)
But, to address your situation, retake the test if you have time and the motivation to study more. However, there are many good colleges that will accept a 17; you just have to figure out what you want to accomplish.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
There are prep courses you can take that will help you with the test. I think alot of kids don't take this as seriously as they need to. The good thing is that you can take it again.

James

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I haven't taken the ACT yet. I was thinking about taking it this summer, not sure.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I didn't take the test at all and I'm already in graduate school (I'll have my MS in May). If you don't do well on the ACT, try the SAT. Usually you only need to provide one or the other.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
People put way too much emphasis on these things. I recommend that you take a prep course and then take it again. If you still don't do well, enroll in community college after high school. It's a lot cheaper than a four year college, and you'll be preparing yourself for taking the ACT again. Finish an associates degree, take the ACT, and then finish up your degree at a four year college. There's no rush, and one bad ACT performance is just that: ONE performance.

S

secretdl26

I agree with Harris, but I would suggest one other option. You could do a 2/2 split of community college and a larger public/private university. As he said, one ACT performance is one performance. I know a friend who got the same thing 4 times, and another who improved by 2 each time. I took both the ACT and the SAT, and found the SAT to be a little easier.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
People put way too much emphasis on these things
QFT. I know some people who scored way higher on the SAT than I did and then flunked out. Don't take the score too seriously.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Just took it Saturday so i'll know in 3-8 weeks.

Goose

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I got a 31 after 4 tries. Especially if it's your first try, don't get discouraged. Generally you can get up about 5 points or so if you work hard at it. Perhaps you were unfamiliar with the test setup, or were tired?

Just keep taking it until you get a score you want.

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I got a 29 on the one in February, but I'm slightly irritated at it. I had a 29 on the English and a 32 on the math, but the science section killed me, I got a 26 on it. It also didn't help that I couldn't sleep the night before.

Cassidy

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
In my experience, both the ACT and SAT only matter as far as getting into college.

Since, I've never had anyone, either from the academic or professional world, ask to see my high school transcript/test scores.

I'm uncertain how much the scores contribute to getting into college. I'm under the impression that your application essay has more pull than your test scores.

You can buy reference material at places like Barnes & Noble for both the ACT and SAT. They help a lot, especially if you have somebody (parent or tutor) to work with you through the material. You will always get a higher score when you retake either test.

But once you get into college, everything that took place in high school really doesn't matter. I failed high school English twice (freshman and junior year). I'm currently a literature major :p

Goose

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
In my experience, both the ACT and SAT only matter as far as getting into college.

Since, I've never had anyone, either from the academic or professional world, ask to see my high school transcript/test scores.

I'm uncertain how much the scores contribute to getting into college. I'm under the impression that your application essay has more pull than your test scores.
I think you're right when it comes to getting into college, but I know many colleges don't even have application essays. It's based solely off your act/sat score and you GPA. So that might be fair to say for schools you need to write essays to get into..

You will always get a higher score when you retake either test.
Usually*. I went down during mine. Of course, I was at a camp for the past week and was running on basically no sleep and hadn't studied in months.

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Usually*. I went down during mine. Of course, I was at a camp for the past week and was running on basically no sleep and hadn't studied in months.
It depends on what test you take. Some tests are harder than others. Usually the June ones are the easier ones, that's when I'm taking mine again.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I took the prep classes and still did bad. I got like a 3 on the math section and a 7in science. Any ways to improve this???

Elizabeth

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I got a 29 on the one in February, but I'm slightly irritated at it. I had a 29 on the English and a 32 on the math, but the science section killed me, I got a 26 on it. It also didn't help that I couldn't sleep the night before.
Yeah, I got a 29 on mine, too, but it was math that killed my score. I don't remember the exact scores, but I got somewhere between 34 and 36 for everything else, and like 14 for math.

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
I took the prep classes and still did bad. I got like a 3 on the math section and a 7in science. Any ways to improve this???
Get a different tutor. How did you feel when you left the building the day you took it?

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Get a different tutor. How did you feel when you left the building the day you took it?
I knew I did bad. It was such bullshit though...most of the math was geometry and the science was just stuoid shit you'll NEVER need to know!!! We should have the option of an oral test or something different than a written one...god damn Communist State government!!!

tenlet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I knew I did bad. It was such bullshit though...most of the math was geometry and the science was just stuoid shit you'll NEVER need to know!!! We should have the option of an oral test or something different than a written one...god damn Communist State government!!!
Based on what I learned during my test prep the idea is to test skills so even if you know very little science but can understand what's on the test you can still do reasonably well. Also, there are schools that do not require or even accept scores. You should look into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.