Acheiving mastery of Diaper Training, rather than becoming Incontinent

camperspampers1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
While I, as a DL, am not aiming in any way to become incontinent and actually rely on diapers for protection, I do enjoy using my diapers for their intended purpose. When I do wear diapers, I get a lot of pleasure from wetting whenever I want, without getting up, or being concerned about the mess. I think this stems from how, when I was a bedwetter (up to age 11), I was never allowed to wear diapers (wet sheets most nights), but my younger brother was put in Pampers every night for his bedwetting, up until he was 7, and Pull-Ups until he stopped bedwetting at 8. I know my enjoyment of diapers stems from wanting the protection I wasn't allowed to have, and knowing it is alright to be wet, if I wear (or had been allowed to wear) a diaper.

It was miserable not having bladder control when bedwetting, and being in a wet bed. Yet, I want diapers, and try to lose bladder control while using them, to love and appreciate how diapers are comfortable and could protect me if I lose bladder control. I guess my mindspace breaks down into I don't want to lose bladder control, unless I'm wearing a diaper, in which case part of my enjoying diapers is losing as much bladder control as I can, and loving how diapers make losing control alright.

So, getting to why I am writing this today. I am nearing the end of my 2nd week-long diaper binge in a month. Thankfully, I have not had difficulty remembering to use the toilet when undiapered a few hours a day, following my shower, to maintain good skin health. But when I am wearing a diaper and trying to lose bladder control, I am noticing less and less that I need to pee, before I wet my diaper. Yesterday, while talking on the phone, I didn't notice I needed to pee before I realized I had already started wetting my diaper. Losing control and wetting my diaper without thinking about it was one of the best diaper experiences I've ever had.

I would say I have hit a watershed moment in my diaper training. But, I don't want to become incontinent or a bedwetter again, and actually need to rely on diapers. Have many of you achieved a high level of diaper training, while avoiding incontinence? I loved losing control yesterday, but don't want to actually need diapers for incontinence. My ideal would be a full loss of bladder control only while wearing diapers, while maintaining full bladder control when undiapered. Is it possible, or am I in danger of developing incontinence issues at this stage? What are your experiences?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I have been wearing 24/7 for a couple years now. I would estimate I still use the potty maybe once a month. If I have a tummy ache Id rather use a potty and my wife is okay with that, but usually she wants me to use my diapers. I would consider myself diaper dependant.
I do notice I drip and leak a little bit now, but I still have control for big releases. If I had to re potty train Im pretty confident I could do it.
I dont think that just wearing and using diapers will make you medically incontinent. At least not in 2 years, maybe in 10? But becoming so used to diapers and not using the potty will psychologically train you to be depedent on them.
Bedwetting is a little different. My wife has had me in diapers at night for about 4 years straight. I highly doubt I couldkeep our bed dry if I wanted to at this point, but my bed wetting is from my mind constantly getting used to releasing any pressure immediatly when I wake up with the slightest pee urge. I either dont notice when I bedwet or I go back to sleep so quickly afterwards that I dont remember.
If you feel like you need to use diapers to have happiness and peace in your life, go for it. Dont worry about being incontinent or dependent, just wear and use your diapers as you see fit. Its pretty unlikely you will do any harm to yourself, but if you dont want to be a bed wetter some breaks might help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diaperboy1, BobbiSueEllen and Kyma
I’d say I have achieved this stage.

Using reliable nappies certainly helps.

I wear most nights and wake up wet but have a break about once a week just to make sure I’ve not become a bed wetter.

Likewise I can wear a nappy during the day from time to time and just release into it without any effort whatsoever now.

Reactions: chrischrischris
When I got back in diapers, that was what I wanted to do: wet uncontrollably when diapered, have full continence out of them. I kept telling myself "you're wearing a diaper; diapers are meant to go potty in, so go potty in them. You can let go in your diaper, it's okay"...and it happened. I can freely wet a diaper now but still can't bedwet in my sleep by virtue of the subliminal effect of the feel of a diaper on my bottom...

...yet. I do want that. The other thing that helped was my summer in diapers due to full incontinence. Both 1 and 2, having to carry a diaper bag everywhere...for me.

Last edited:
I have found the hypnosis tapes have helped me stay dry in undies & wet easily when diapered now. Nightime wetting is still a work in progress and I think I will use them for that too! I have noticed I wet unconsciously now when padded, it just dribbles out & for large bladder voids I do still have to relax enough to release. My muscles are very strong from massive kegal excersises after having 2 kids. I don't know if diapers will make me incontinent but at this point I'm able to go either way :)

DiaperKat said:
My muscles are very strong from massive kegal excersises after having 2 kids.
So if you hadn't done those, you might have been incontinent naturally now!

• Haha
Reactions: DiaperKat
Back