Accidents in public

Diapercutie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm curious if any of you ever had a explosive accident in your diaper in public?

My stomach tends to hurt a lot and this is a fear of mine

Reactions: Diprs2, BabyBristol, NappyNicky and 3 others
I have had quite a few messy accidents in public since I became totally bladder and bowel incontinent in August 2018. Over time, you just dismiss it and move on with life.

Last edited:
Got EXTREMELY close twice when I was with my dad. Needed a wipe, but not a change after getting home. That would've been embarrassing.

Only 1 time. I was applying for a job at target. I need to use the potty. I ended up going a tiny bit in my diaper. I bought some wipes and diapers. To change and finish pooping in the potty. But by the time I got to the potty I fully lost control and filled my diaper

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, Ghg789987 and Diapercutie
Its happend several times fortunately I have been diapered for 6.5 years now and an unexpected bowl movement is par for the course and I nolonger strss when it happens I just excuse my self and head to a bathroom to cleanup and change

Yes.

My #2 continence degraded from "pretty decent" to "too weak to properly use" at some point between mid-2012 and late 2013, for reasons that aren't entirely clear. I was wearing full-time and voluntarily messing for most of that period anyway, so I didn't actually distinctly notice the weakening happening in real time.

Through early- to mid-2013 I had increasingly frequent semi-intentional messings. I absolutely thought they were intentional at the time and that I was simply letting them happen, but looking back on them later I wasn't confident that I could have prevented them from happening. In late 2013 it came to a head when due to unanticipated circumstances I had to take a longer route home than usual one day. One leg of the journey was a long walk to a train station and I figured I would simply go to the loo at the station.

It didn't work out that way and I had a fairly severe accident about 50 metres from the loo. I mention "severe" because I'd had one or two incidents of insufficient bowel control before I started simply voluntarily regularly messing, but they were minor and unnoticeable and I was able to stop them before they could actually have a significant effect. This was more like "tried to have control; failed and completely filled my diapers." Thank goodness I was already diapered (because I already had UI that was too pronounced to be out of diapers), but I was only prepared for wet diapers and wasn't properly prepared to efficiently deal with a messy one.

From that point forward it sort of became a process of trying to negotiate with and appease my control, where I would voluntarily mess to prevent a worse mess later, and would still try to use my control without leaning on it for too long, but more and more occasions happened where my control just failed and I ended up in unexpected messy diapers, so I eventually stopped relying on it at all.

Reactions: Dinotopian2002, DiaperBadBoy, Ghg789987 and 2 others
Queuing up to pay in Lidl sandwiched between two other families, felt a severe urge to go and made the fatal mistake of trying to let a little bit out to ease some of the pressure. Absolutely backfired - loudest, liquidy accident in a long time that turned heads - in moments of anxiety I will wet myself out of fear and that of course happened too!

Reactions: jboybtn and Diapercutie
Slip92 said:
Queuing up to pay in Lidl sandwiched between two other families, felt a severe urge to go and made the fatal mistake of trying to let a little bit out to ease some of the pressure. Absolutely backfired - loudest, liquidy accident in a long time that turned heads - in moments of anxiety I will wet myself out of fear and that of course happened too!
Oh my goodness you poor thing. But it wasn't your fault.

Reactions: Deleted member 40705
I thought the diaper would muffle the sound.

Luckily, I’ve not had an accident in public since I was a child. I’ve been in public in a wet diaper many times though, some that were leaking or almost about to leak

Diapercutie said:
I thought the diaper would muffle the sound.
Haha I’m the right situations it’s like a stone amphatheatet

Diapercutie said:
I'm curious if any of you ever had a explosive accident in your diaper in public?

My stomach tends to hurt a lot and this is a fear of mine

I mean... It happens with non incontinent people as well, so its not that strange.
Its happened to me quite a lot in the hospital. Thankfully its never happened anywhere else yet but, knowing my shitty luck, im sure it will. :/

All of my public accidents were without a diaper on, unfortunately.

I’ve had a few like this recently after IBS flare up. once was right in my pants and I wasn’t diapered. Omg I totally understand the terror of having it slip in public. I’ve peed my pants many times in public but having a messy is so scary. If it’s semi hard you can sort of manage it. The really messy poos are sometimes more gross and you risk leakage. Either way it’s terrifying. You just hope you are somewhere where you can get out of the scene quickly. If you feel a tummy ache...maybe try to stay home.
-jess

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghg789987, Fleetwoodmac32192 and Diapercutie
Remember stay down wind. It has happened several times to me so, “get in get it and get out”, but as mentioned stay down wind.

Reactions: jessraven
Worse that come to mind for me was onetime I went to the movies and we saw one of those 3 hour movies. When I got up to leave I discovered I had a major leak and the diaper leaked at the back of both legs. The seat was very wet. The only thing I could think to do was leave my drink cup on it's side on the seat so it looked like the seat was wet from the drink that tipped over. I had a zip up jacket with me and I was able to tie the arms around my waist and let the jacket hang behind me and cover up the wet spots on the back of both legs.

Reactions: Deleted member 60145 and Zeke
I have had a fair few accidents out and about, usually when I am out walking and thankfully all but one were easily hidden from those around, the one that was the worst was waiting in a queue with a mate and being mid queue loads of people all round when my bowel decided to let go, I was desperate to hang on to it as in another 2 or 3 minutes I would be able to join another queue for the toilet, muscles could not resist and I felt my Nappy filling up, I tried to discreetly smooth the bulge in the back of my Nappy thus making it even worse.
The clean up in the blue portaloo can only be described as a contortionists nightmare as room was very limited and toilet paper was down to a few feet left.
Not pleasant at all.
Out on my walks is simple in winter as my coat covers all of my bottom so it does not matter what is on show.

Reactions: Jim100
I had two accidents last September, i think the Kentera was the reason for that, i have problems with my stomach and bowels for a year now, but can control it still usually. When i stopped the Kentera that problem got better again.

Most unpleasant experience, for my luck, nobody realized and i was close to home, but i had no diaper on me, big failure.

Last edited:
My bowel control is normally quite good, but I’ve had a few accidents while out and about. Usually, this is down to functional incontinence, where I can’t access a toilet in time, or there isn’t one that’s wheelchair accessible. That being said, my nervous system isn’t great at sending the right signals so it can happen without warning.

These days, if it happens, I’m prepared and I can clean myself up without a fuss, but there was one time when I was on a long-distance train from Cardiff to London, with no accessible toilet (before they introduced the newer trains) and I had to sit in my own mess for most of the way there. That was hard, especially as I was by myself.

All I can say is that I’m glad I wore a thick nappy that day. And this is why I pad up for days when I’m traveling long distances.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Back