Accepting Yourself - And Your Liking Of Diapers

KyleXY said:
for a long time i would not accept my liking for diapers and then I would just take a risk of going to a walgreens and buy some depends fitted briefs in the early y2ks and i would feel the way where i felt self conscious and not feel right or something and purge my collection of baby or diaper stuff. in the present, i look back and find my desire natural and right. I love who I am and how god made me. every time in the past I would ask myself is this real or imaginary. do i really love to wear diapers or is it just me battling my demons.

I have an open mind and any advice about me accepting my diaper lover side would be helpful if anyone has a similar situation like mine.

sincerely
Kyle XY
of course you should accept yourself, and embrace the diaper! don't purge your collection accept who you are end enjoy it, life's too short not to enjoy your desires or fantasies! :giggle: (y) 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Reactions: LittleDiaperDreamer, Woncrinklz, Kellycares and 4 others
I will be honest here, I still haven't fully accepted this side of myself. My mom found my previous diaper stash and it's been seven years since then I think. This year really started going downhill for me in July and I finally bit the bullet and bought myself diapers, hiding them a lot better than last time. But I don't have many opportunities to wear them and I'm having trouble accepting this side of myself. Can someone please help me?

• Love
Reactions: KyleXY, Jr2012, Deleted member 39193 and 1 other person
LVDL69 said:
I will be honest here, I still haven't fully accepted this side of myself. My mom found my previous diaper stash and it's been seven years since then I think. This year really started going downhill for me in July and I finally bit the bullet and bought myself diapers, hiding them a lot better than last time. But I don't have many opportunities to wear them and I'm having trouble accepting this side of myself. Can someone please help me?
Stop beating yourself up! It's not a crime to like or wear diapers, and your are not harming anyone by doing so. Enjoy wearing diapers, and except your needs and desires. self acceptance is the biggest battle, but once you win that battle you'll enjoy the diaper wearing experience so much more! wish you well, have a Hug, 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗(y):giggle:

Reactions: Ortler, Kellycares, Jr2012 and 2 others
ILuvDiapers said:
Stop beating yourself up! It's not a crime to like or wear diapers, and your are not harming anyone by doing so. Enjoy wearing diapers, and except your needs and desires. self acceptance is the biggest battle, but once you win that battle you'll enjoy the diaper wearing experience so much more! wish you well, have a Hug, 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗(y):giggle:
thank you. it really means a lot to hear someone say that to me

• Love
Reactions: Jr2012 and ILuvDiapers
Brilliant read I've certainly struggled with it at times but I wouldn't change it for another fetish I just love nappies so much 😀

Reactions: Jr2012
Yes its very difficult in the beginning as time goes on you do get a custom to them !!!

StroudtheCloud said:
This is very inspiring thank you. i think i may try to join the chat thingy
Hi I'm baby mulan how are u doing today wanna be friends with me

Like to where diapers and if I could where them 247 and I have a diaper on and have went in to the store and no one did even notice and if they have are not really interested and so ha be you self diaper on

Reactions: Jr2012 and Biker666
happiestmoon said:
Like to where diapers and if I could where them 247 and I have a diaper on and have went in to the store and no one did even notice and if they have are not really interested and so ha be you self diaper on
I’ve got an interesting life story 😎 I was born with a neurogenic bladder and have always had to wear my diapers and plastic pants, that is all they had when I was growing up my family was always very loving and supportive but I really hated that I had to wear diapers and plastic pants all the time! You can imagine like going to school and then trying to meet girls,etc. well about 20 or so years ago I finally was able to accept myself and my reality and actually was for the first time in my life actually be able to love myself and others as well and even love my diapers and plastic pants and even that I have to wear my diapers and plastic pants all the time and every where I go including work 😁. I was always teased and picked on until like sixth grade usually by the alpha male jocks. Well one day I was walking home from school and like 4 or 5 of the usual jocks started chasing me. I had not had a good day and was in a really bad mood and was really sick and tired of being picked on, so I ran behind a tool shed and grabbed a garbage can lid and like a handle for a broom and came running out and right into them and just literally beat the living bejesus out of like three of them kussing and crying and chased the other ones down the street! Well being a small town the word got out that me, the diaper boy had beat up three of the biggest jocks and from then on I was never picked on or teased again, or rarely. Well long story short I got really tough and confident and now I’m still incontinent as well as a diaper lover and even a bad ass biker!😎

Reactions: Woncrinklz and luminescent81
Jr2012 said:
I’ve got an interesting life story 😎 I was born with a neurogenic bladder and have always had to wear my diapers and plastic pants, that is all they had when I was growing up my family was always very loving and supportive but I really hated that I had to wear diapers and plastic pants all the time! You can imagine like going to school and then trying to meet girls,etc. well about 20 or so years ago I finally was able to accept myself and my reality and actually was for the first time in my life actually be able to love myself and others as well and even love my diapers and plastic pants and even that I have to wear my diapers and plastic pants all the time and every where I go including work 😁. I was always teased and picked on until like sixth grade usually by the alpha male jocks. Well one day I was walking home from school and like 4 or 5 of the usual jocks started chasing me. I had not had a good day and was in a really bad mood and was really sick and tired of being picked on, so I ran behind a tool shed and grabbed a garbage can lid and like a handle for a broom and came running out and right into them and just literally beat the living bejesus out of like three of them kussing and crying and chased the other ones down the street! Well being a small town the word got out that me, the diaper boy had beat up three of the biggest jocks and from then on I was never picked on or teased again, or rarely. Well long story short I got really tough and confident and now I’m still incontinent as well as a diaper lover and even a bad ass biker!😎
Nice looking sportster ride safely

foxkits said:
Nice looking sportster ride safely
Thanks, do you ride?

Yup Vulcan 1500

Inkie said:
Hi Inkie!

I just wanted to say that I have had very similar experiences growing up. When I was in middle school I had reawakened my love for diapers and had built a small collection of simple baby things like a onesie and some plastic pants. I thought I did a decent job of hiding this but one time my parents ultimatelly found my "stash". I would love to tell you that they had an understanding and loving response to this discover but that was not the case.

This experience really hurt my little self for many years and I believe motivated me to deny or suppress my real baby urges. I understand that accepting yourself is not easy but I have a couple questions for you to ask yourself.

- Is you wearing diapers causing physical/mental/or emotional distress to another human being? (When I say emotional I don't mean reactions out of ignorance either.)
- Does wearing a diaper make you feel better about yourself or your self-image? (If no one were around and I just gave you one of your favorite diapers.)
- Did the world end after you put a diaper on?

I know of these might seem silly, but again I personally struggled with accepting myself for a long time. I've seen what that looks like in my life and made a decision to try something else to see if it works.

Another thing you might try if/when you get the time and space to do so is really asking yourself some of these questions and maybe journaling the response. Let your heart answer, what does the real YOU feel about these things. It's important to be honest here, what is in your heart?

Anyway, I really hope that you find some peace and understanding.

Take care,

Reactions: Babyboye, happiestmoon, BabyboyAsh and 1 other person
Thank you so much for this article. Born in 1959 I have always loved diapers and started making and wearing them from age 13. Always felt a freak and lacked confidence. The day I found Abdl and dl sites on the internet was a great eye opener for me in the late 1990s.

Reactions: Visitor2Earth and Woncrinklz
Inkie said:
the choice is up to you. if you are afraid to tell the truth, then do your best to keep,"this side of yourself " a secret. However, if you feel brave enough, then come out to your parents as a DL. if you are more than that then come out as an ABDL. How you live and what you do in this life matters.

Sincerely,

KyleXY

P.S. okay I got that last line from the Gods of Egypt film

Bonjour a tous et bien moi j'adore les couches et j'en porte 24/7des tena slip ultima,des forsite et des beyond xp5000et c'est assumé et comme ça quand j'ai envie de faire pipi et que je suis dans une grande surface ou les toilettes sont loin et bien je fais tout dans ma couche ,c est pratique et je l'assume sans honte, voilà 😊😊😊

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz and Sidewinder
Honestly. When I was first realising I was abdl I started hating myself for it. I thought it was wrong but I started to understand myself and see it's who I am sometimes. It makes me happy so it must be good. I learned to love this part of myself. Since then I have tried abdl diapers, bought adult pacis and have tons of stuffies!!!!

• Love
Reactions: KyleXY
ADISC said:
Accepting yourself as who you are is difficult. Everybody across the globe has insecurities, secrets and some trouble believing that the "real" them will ever be fully accepted by their friends, family, peers and significant others. Everybody has secrets they feel will alter the way others think about them, and everybody has things about themself which they think are abnormal. It is these things which get in the way of self-acceptance.

So, what if the abnormal thing about you revolves around diapers? You may be an adult baby, a diaper lover, a babyfur, a sissy, a little girl, or a caretaker, but whichever of these you fall into it is likely that at some point in your past or present, you have been struck with the worry that this is not normal, that there may be something wrong with you, and that this is not a side of you that is easy to accept.

So, how can you begin to accept yourself as somebody who enjoys diapers?

Well, the first thing you need to accept is that wearing diapers is not wrong. It does not make you dirty or disgusting. It does not mean that you have an interest in real babies. It does not mean that you are some sort of pervert. It just means that you have found an object, or a way of regressing, which offers you something in return, whether that is sexual gratification, security, comfort, a stress-relief, or something else. So long as your interest in diapers is not causing you or anybody else harm, then it cannot be seen as wrong.

Once you have accepted that your interest is not wrong, then you need to come to terms with the fact that it is unusual. Enjoyment from wearing and using diapers is a little weird and outside of the norm. It is somewhat strange, but that is okay. Learn to laugh at yourself, and say yes, this is a little weird, and to people outside of the interest I probably do look odd dressed in a diaper, but so what? I like it, it harms nobody, it makes me happy and that is what is important.

Remember that everybody has strange and unexplainable interests; it's just that some are more publicly known about, and thus acceptable, than others. There are certainly stranger things to be interested in than diapers, which a quick Google search will prove.

Any interest will seem a little odd to those who don’t have it. For example, to me, having an interest in cars is completely unexplainable and I find them incredibly boring, but lots of people have an interest in cars that goes much deeper than just using them to get from A to B, and that's okay. Nobody thinks that's strange, even though a car is just a very expensive inanimate object.

Being interested in diapers is just the same - many people will find having an interest in diapers and other things they see as being for "babies" as strange. They don't understand it because they don't share the same interest, but that’s fine. Just because something is unusual does not mean it is wrong. Unfortunately, an interest in diapers is just not as mainstream as one in cars, but when you unpick the interest, and people’s reasons behind it, there actually isn’t much difference between an interest in diapers and an interest in anything else.

The third thing to realise is that just because this interest is strange does not mean you are on your own. You are by no means the first person to have this interest, and you are not the first person to feel like you do. Lots of people share an interest in diapers with you; it's just that because this subject is considered taboo hardly anybody talks about it unless it's behind the safety of a computer screen. There are hundreds of other weird fetishes and interests out there as well, and although the majority of people you meet won't be adult babies or diaper lovers, a proportion of them probably do have some other fetish or interest that, were they to tell you about, you would find weird.

Realising that you are not alone, and finding other people who share your interest, will really help. The fact that you are here on the ADISC website is great, and if you are struggling to accept yourself and haven’t already done so, sign up and become a member. Talking to other people here will really help you to realise that there are other regular people who like diapers, and that the vast majority of us are people with regular jobs, friends, families, partners and, perhaps most importantly, lives and interests outside of diapers.

Whilst it is always comforting to meet other people who share your interest in diapers, and to finally have people who you can confide in about this side of yourself, the best way to begin accepting yourself is often to find people who you share interests with outside of diapers as well, and it is possible to strike up such relationships on these forums. Have a look on the introduction and off-topic boards and see if you can find anyone with similar interests, look in the groups section of ADISC and join some groups which match your other interests, say hello to them, and perhaps send a PM or visitor message. ADISC also has quite an active chatroom, where the topic is usually completely unrelated to diapers, and this is a good place to begin to meet people.

In these ways you will be able to find people who share your diaper interest, but with whom you can talk to about things outside of diapers. Of course sometimes you will talk about diapers and other things related to your interests, but it is the conversations about regular things – films, TV, school and their interests – that will likely help you to realise that liking diapers is something you share with a lot of other regular people. This will help to reaffirm that, just like these people, you are just a regular person who happens to like diapers. Once you begin to see other people who like diapers as friends, and realise that they are just regular people like any other friends you have outside of this community, it will be much easier to accept yourself as a regular person who happens to like diapers as well.

As you try to come to accept your interest in diapers, it is important to keep reassuring yourself that this is who you are. You likely did not choose this interest, and it is probably not something that you can change, and, it not something should you have to do. It is not abnormal to have a fetish or interest in something. Some fetishes/interests are of course more common than others, but that doesn't make yours wrong or weird. You will probably have this interest forever. There may be times in your life when your desires to wear diapers and other things revolving around this interest become stronger, and there may be times in your life where they go away for a while, but there is no point trying to fight or suppress this side of yourself, as such will only make you unhappy. Embrace the fact that you have this interest, and that it is part of what makes you you.

There may, of course, be times when you are really struggling to accept this side of yourself, or where you feel like it is becoming a problem. In these cases, seek help. There will almost certainly be members on ADISC who have felt, or still are, feeling exactly as you are. There will be people who are able to offer advice specific to your situation. At these times use the community to your advantage, and know that accepting yourself as somebody who likes diapers does get easier; part of accepting who you are will come just through the experience and insight getting older brings with it.

Finally, understand that there will always be people who will not accept or understand this interest, but that does not make you in the wrong. There are people who just will not accept people who are different from them, and most minority groups, including homosexual people, single parents, people with disabilities, and people from ethnic minorities, have to deal with those who will treat them with contempt and with a lack of respect and those who will say all kinds of ill-informed and unkind things. There will likely always be people who refuse to understand why an adult would like diapers, who think it is wrong or disgusting. There will likely always be television shows and other parts of the media which make fun of us or portray us in a negative light. However, bear in mind that these people do not know what they are talking about. As difficult as it may feel to come across an internet post portraying us badly or ridiculing us, learn to ignore it. Realise that they simply don’t know what they’re talking about.

You know that what you are doing is not wrong. You know that what you are doing harms nobody. You know that you are not alone. You know that there are thousands of other regular people, just like you, out there. You know where you can turn when you need advice. You know that this is just a small part of what makes you, you, and as long as you know all of that, accepting yourself, and ignoring what others say, shouldn’t be too hard.

102-1-lion_cat.jpg
What I find much stranger than being an AB, or DL or ABDL is someone that willingly sucks on a cylinder of burning, poisonous weeds, paper & glue…and then inhales that noxious smoke into their lungs!

Tobacco = harmful to human life

Diapers = in no way harmful to humans!

To me, THAT is much weirder than wearing a diaper for pleasure and/or comfort!!!

Reactions: littleFeathers and Sidewinder
That so resonates with me. Thanks for posting

Reactions: nectar0001
Visitor2Earth said:
What I find much stranger than being an AB, or DL or ABDL is someone that willingly sucks on a cylinder of burning, poisonous weeds, paper & glue…and then inhales that noxious smoke into their lungs!

Tobacco = harmful to human life

Diapers = in no way harmful to humans!

To me, THAT is much weirder than wearing a diaper for pleasure and/or comfort!!!
True.
But the people that abuse drugs hurt inside somehow. They can't get past the mental chess game they have in their minds about their past.

I knew a gal that was a total mess. I seriously was surprised how little she cared about her body with what she put in it. I don't do that stuff, nor would I because I like being in control. The pills, the prescriptions, the lies, the stories, the odd people around her. Crazy!

I came to the conclusion that abusive pasts played a role in their drug use. For so long that they actually don't remember the sequences of events that fucked up their true peaceful self-loving potential.

A thing that a loved person acquires and keeps through their life from a psychologically stable environment.

It's a problem everywhere with every fetish to be dissected or stigmatised by "outsiders". Drugs are more accepted than an adult in a diaper for reasons outside of medical. It's true, sadly.

With drugs and drug abuse?
The problem is that there are unresolved emotional and psychological circumstances that stifle a person's spirit because the abusive force in their life was never resolved. When life stressors happen, drugs are used. AND BEING A HUMAN, HUMANS WANT AN EXPLANATION for why the things they went through happened. What it meant. Why it was done? Where the lesson was based, etc. (enquiring minds want to know..."🤪😊

For me? A diaper shall suit just fine. Safe. Yes.

🥳

Last edited:
Reactions: Visitor2Earth
Back