Accepting ABs

Floodingpants

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
To bad ABs are not accepted in public. I was dressed in full baby wear, diapers and all, when I stepped out to go get the mail. When I realised what I was wearing, Wearing baby clothes is normal for me, I quickly went back into the house and decided the mail could wait for another day. I just didn't want to change out of my baby clothes.
Maybe someday we won't have to worry about wearing baby clothes. Don't get me wrong I not think it is right exposing yourself in just a diaper, but what is wrong with a cute romper, sun suit or cute play dress?

Reactions: Mikababi, KittyninjaW, longallsboy and 3 others

littlelambchop

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
I hope someday a bunch of us could get together and we could have our own little town just for littles and the bigs who care for us, where we're totally free to be ourselves.

Reactions: Mikababi, ReluctantAdult, longallsboy and 3 others

RetroGirl15

Symbol of beauty & purity; Cure Cheri Blossom! 🌸
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
When it comes to wearing AB clothing in public, I did hear a couple of opinions saying that if a person does that they are involving people who didnt consent (within the aspects of kink)?

Idk if anyone remembers that one tik tok vid of someone wearing a onise in public at a family mini golf center in public (there were children there etc) he ended up getting arrested by police.

• Wow
Reactions: longallsboy, CrazySmoker, medfet878 and 1 other person

Lukas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
It really comes down to 'within reason' wearing a childish shirt or something along those lines as part of a normal wardrobe is one thing, trying to go out in just a onsie and a diaper is another.

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: longallsboy, medfet878, fleckothefennec and 4 others

googlyeyes467

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Yea I mean I wish I was accepted when I want to go out in a diaper and a onesie but I really wonder what the world would look like if that was accepted in public places like the mall, restaurants, or the park. How would it even work? Would everyone be educated about it and in the know? What about children? I guess I have a hard time understanding how it would even be possible.

• Thinking
Reactions: longallsboy, medfet878 and fleckothefennec

Dmane10017

Confused
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
RetroGirl15 said:
When it comes to wearing AB clothing in public, I did hear a couple of opinions saying that if a person does that they are involving people who didnt consent (within the aspects of kink)?

Idk if anyone remembers that one tik tok vid of someone wearing a onise in public at a family mini golf center in public (there were children there etc) he ended up getting arrested by police.
Hmm

• Thinking
Reactions: longallsboy

Dmane10017

Confused
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I just wear normal cloths over whatever I'm wearing . It's gets a little bulky sometimes but I take it off when I get somewhere . Ive been trying too pump myself up too but it's scary thinking about it

RetroGirl15

Symbol of beauty & purity; Cure Cheri Blossom! 🌸
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent

BobbiSueEllen

A happy, soggy li'l toddler girl in DDs and PPs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
I think there's a difference between expression and exhibitionism: if one wants to hint it via different, subtle ways, there's nothing wrong, provided it's not overt...but if one goes out and makes it in-your-face obvious, including a messy, smelly diaper, behavior, lack of restraint, full-on clothing and/or the like, then that's on their heads. Unfortunately, as far as the rest of the Muggle world cares, we all wear that hat...even if we're discreet about it. And that is not fair.

Discretion is the better part of valor and always will be. To paraphrase a famous saying, "It's better to be subtle and thought a fool than to let it all hang out and remove all doubt". We're not gonna evolve if exhibitionism continues.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mikababi, stinkape, iluvdps2 and 6 others

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
RetroGirl15 said:
I saw that video a while back. The person in question seemed to have some developmental/cognitive disabilities as well. I had a hard time decoding the whole thing, but I think it's fair to say that his behavior did nothing to improve the public perception of ABs. If anything, it reinforced negative stereotypes.

Unfortunately, "just be yourself" is seldom a recipe for success or happiness. Most of those who disagree seem to have little or nothing to lose, which makes their advice awfully dubious. I'd love to be able to tell people that I'm an AB without then cowering in anticipation of a negative reaction, but I don't aspire to going out in public wearing only a diaper and onesie. The benefits of a society do come at a price, and that price is a measure of restraint and... well... "normalcy." Most of us, if we're honest, will admit that it's a price worth paying.

• Love
Reactions: Mikababi, Joediaper, Eclectic and 4 others

Chimera

watch out for my grabby paws!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
I think the farthest you can do with wearing in public is maybe a pair of overalls over a babyish onesie. I know some ABs do that when they're out and about. Would conceal a thick diaper very well too. Maybe it might be on the side of risque, but I think the overalls help a lot with that, as it would help cover up part of the onesie,

Reactions: texswim, longallsboy and Cottontail

longallsboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Other
RetroGirl15 said:

That wasn't in a mini golf center. That was at a fairly new park (opened up about 6 months ago). And as far as I could see, he was never arrested or anything. He was talked to by the police though, apparently. However, from what I could read from the news on him, I'm not sure if it was just only about what he was wearing. He shouldn't have been wearing a onesie with his diaper showing slightly out, but what I think they were more worried about was that the park was not in a very good area and there was a homeless shelter nearby and it was a rather run down area of town. I know that city fairly well, as I have visited there several times, and actually love it there, but I haven't been to that area of town exactly (with my dad or myself). So probably people's nerves were already on alert, so that obviously didn't help. And then being around a group of children, I don't know. Society has a tendency to think ANY male (even those who are not adult babies) that is around children doesn't have great intentions. As if like females can't have bad intentions ever, right? I wonder if the guy had gone to a park in a nearby town that was safer and not a bad area crimewise, I wonder if people would care or not. Interesting to note that some local commenters on internet groups said it really wasn't a big deal to them and they were blowing it out of proportion. I was slightly surprised to see "normal" people say that, since I am Autistic and others don't usually have the opinions that I do.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Reactions: RetroGirl15

longallsboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Other
Cottontail said:
I saw that video a while back. The person in question seemed to have some developmental/cognitive disabilities as well. I had a hard time decoding the whole thing, but I think it's fair to say that his behavior did nothing to improve the public perception of ABs. If anything, it reinforced negative stereotypes.

Unfortunately, "just be yourself" is seldom a recipe for success or happiness. Most of those who disagree seem to have little or nothing to lose, which makes their advice awfully dubious. I'd love to be able to tell people that I'm an AB without then cowering in anticipation of a negative reaction, but I don't aspire to going out in public wearing only a diaper and onesie. The benefits of a society do come at a price, and that price is a measure of restraint and... well... "normalcy." Most of us, if we're honest, will admit that it's a price worth paying.

I don't know if he really had developmental disabilities. I have fairly severe Classic (Kanner) Autism, I didn't walk till 21 months old or talk till I was 3 1/2 years old, and I didn't see any signs he had developmental disabilities, or at least, he didn't look like he had any. Of course, appearances can be also deceiving as some people mask their disabilities (something I wouldn't recommend, and you might not be able to, anyway, if you have a disability severe enough). Then on the other hand, there are other developmental disabilities other than Autism.

Nothing to lose, you say...While you are talking about that, yeah maybe if you get treated worse than a criminal anyway like how some developmentally disabled people are treated even when they are sweet, kind, and compassionate people and do good things in society. Like when you positively impact the lives of thousands of preschoolers or the community, and don't get the credit that you deserve. Thank God at least some people do appreciate me and care about me. Or when you work thanklessly at a dead end job for 16 years without any promotion because you have Autism or are totally unemployed (75-85% of Autistic people are unemployed, even with college degrees)??

- longallsboy

Last edited:

longallsboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Other
Chimera said:
I think the farthest you can do with wearing in public is maybe a pair of overalls over a babyish onesie. I know some ABs do that when they're out and about. Would conceal a thick diaper very well too. Maybe it might be on the side of risque, but I think the overalls help a lot with that, as it would help cover up part of the onesie,

Well, yeah, I guess. I'm not an adult baby and I don't wear diapers at all (and haven't since I was 5 years old, or maybe even 4 years old). While I'm not technically an adult baby, I do like some children's things like children's cartoons or kiddie amusement park rides, or that I like to play tag, and I love certain children's clothing and shoes, such as long-alls and "children's" shoes like T strap Mary Jane like shoes, such as the clothing some little boys in the Deep South wear to church on Sundays or to preschool / daycare.

I like wearing long-alls (so far I only have one outfit, but planning to get more) and T strap shoes. I originally wore them just for Halloween 3 years ago (to actually resemble another friend ofi mine who has a 9 year old boy with Autism, who at that time almost 4 years ago, was wearing long-alls and T strap shoes. Then COVID 19 came along and then I was completely isolated and quarantined. I live on the West Coast, where we had the most restrictive COVID 19 policies in the entire nation and still do. I had a stomach ulcer for 4 weeks that started bleeding towards the end. I took Prilosec for a week. When the county park opened up, and I could go there, I started wearing my longall and T strap shoes there. I knew that if I didn't stop my stress or be more cheerful or wear something more cheerful, that I probably wasn't going to make it through this. I ended up wearing my longall and T strap shoes to my county park once every week for 1 1/2 years. That was the only place I could go because everywhere else was literally closed (except for some supermarkets) - that's how bad things were in my area because of COVID 19. It was nothing short of a nightmare. COVID 19 should be exterminated and sent to Hell eternally. 🤬😢😢 At any rate, I started eating out at restaurants again in July 2021. I didn't wear a longall to see my former college instructor friend at a restaurant. My local community college reopened to the public 6 months ago finally, so I was able to visit there.

In the 2 1/2 years total that I have walked at my county park wearing a longall, NO ONE has ever said anything negative to me whatsoever. At the height of COVID 19, there were plenty of people at the county park, and there were quite a bit of little kids there, and NO parents ever steered their child far away from me, no one ever put their hands over their child's eyes because they saw me, nothing. The supervisors of the park and the rangers didn't have a problem either. I had one lady walking her dog say she loved my shoes, and another who thought I was part of a wedding that was taking place (there are weddings at the park sometimes). Did he think I was a ring bearer? 😱🤷‍♂️😁🤦‍♂️ After all, children in the South sometimes wear long-alls and T strap shoes to weddings. I went with my dad to a privately owned flower nursery / garden center and no one said anything negative.

I never wore my long-alls or T strap shoes to my community college other than Halloween, but then it's as much a public place as my county park. The thing is, I'm fully covered. I could legally say that I have more cover on me if I decide to wear long-alls at my community college (which I haven't done yet except Halloween). I could definitely prove I would have more covering my body than most college students wearing an ordinary pair of pants and a shirt, since not only I'd be wearing a peter pan collar shirt, but also a longall that covers my bottom half AND covers most of my shirt as well almost to the top. If I were told to leave for wearing that due to not enough covering, they better be prepared to ban every single student or nonstudent from the campus, which would effectively close down the college. And I don't think anyone is that backwards. They'd be financially destroying themselves.

Then again, though, a "longall" is very different from a onesie where a diaper sticks out.

- longallsboy

Last edited:

longallsboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Other
Floodingpants said:
To bad ABs are not accepted in public. I was dressed in full baby wear, diapers and all, when I stepped out to go get the mail. When I realised what I was wearing, Wearing baby clothes is normal for me, I quickly went back into the house and decided the mail could wait for another day. I just didn't want to change out of my baby clothes.
Maybe someday we won't have to worry about wearing baby clothes. Don't get me wrong I not think it is right exposing yourself in just a diaper, but what is wrong with a cute romper, sun suit or cute play dress?

It definitely shouldn't be morally wrong or not legal to wear a romper, or sunsuit, or longall or jon jon, as long as you are appropriately covered up and don't show a diaper. And especially definitely should not be against rules, if you have a developmental disability like Autism and a doctor (and your friends and family and all your past teachers, and psychiatrists) say you are emotionally and socially / mentally or intellectually like a 4 1/2 or 5 year old or anything like a child. I would say you have every right to, especially if you can't act like an adult even when you want. Like most ABs can act like an adult when they need to, like at work, and then actively set aside their maturity. But if you are like a child 98% of the time because you have a developmental disability, then that's entirely a different ballgame.

I have seen adult females with Down Syndrome before, in their mid 20s wearing "children's" Mary Janes, not recently, but in the 1990s and 2000s, as T strap shoes and Mary Janes have become considered old fashioned and gone the way of the dodo on the West Coast. Because I have Autism, I knew people with Down Syndrome. Autism is in every way as much a developmental disability as Down Syndrome is. I don't think people with ASD should be held to a higher standard than those with Down Syndrome. I don't know about long-alls, as those are boys clothing and not for females generally unless they have ruffles, but as far as children's Mary Janes, there are normal ladies wearing that who have small feet. Some don't even have a disability at all and are fully functional.

You can tell a children's Mary Jane, versus a adult Mary Jane shoe right away. Children's Mary Janes are different than those made for adults. The look is much more like it is for a child with a low heel, as far as children's Mary Janes and T strap shoes go, whereas Mary Janes made by an adult shoe company tend to have lug soles or even higher heels. This is true even if the shoe is the same size (size 38 from a children's shoe company versus a size 38 from an adult shoe company)

- longallsboy

Last edited:

BobaFettish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I am a firm believer that you can hide in plain sight.

When I can I try to add a little Little to what I'm wearing.

I have like 8 snap onesies I got from Lil Kink Boutique. Most of the prints are too "baby" to layer with. I have two of them that pair well with a hoodie. One is a gothic print and I got a baby beanie hat that matches it. I've paired it with a black hoodie. It does help that I up until recently played on a Darkwave gothic band. I have a alien/space themed onesies that pairs well with a navy hoodie I have. Add Doc Martins or other shoes and any pants or shorts, I'm hiding in plain site.

I also got another baby beanie hat with ears on it in black that I'll wear when it's chilly out.

During the worst of the pandemy I had some Rilakkuma printed masks. He's a cute Japanese teddy bear character. Had a show on Netflix.

I think being a Little in public, there's a line. I think that line is different for everyone, but you should have an idea where that line is for you. A lot of times I'll see how close to that line I can get without crossing it. There's been times I've reached out to another Little I trust their opinion and see what they think.

Reactions: ReluctantAdult

adam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Cottontail said:

I did not see it either, but I hardly believe one would be arrested for wearing a full coverage onesie and not trying to garner attention. It certainly is not indecent exposure.

adam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Chimera said:
I wear overalls, and very occasionally shortalls, over a onesie pretty often in public. I don't usually wear a snap shoulder or lap shoulder one unless with other ABs or DLs though. The shortalls get some stares because even here in the South they are considered girls or little kids fashions.

We wear overalls a lot down here when working outside or in the building trades. Carhartts are even a fashion style for a some of 20's-30's.
And of course ALL moonshiners wear overalls- just watch the TV shows lol.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Floodingpants said:
Do you own a robe?

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
That man in tik tok video appeared to have something off about him. I saw his youtube channel and checked his other videos and it was apparent his mom kicked him out of her home so he was living in a homeless shelter. He is 23 years old and I saw pacifiers and sappy cups as he would do a tour of his room. Just the way he sounded and talked gave me a clue he wasn't all there. And no he was not arrested as far as I know, he was just told to leave the playground. He didn't appear to have any abdl pages. He just seems to mix it into his lifestyle.