Acceptance

Sgdlboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Im a DL and why does accepting myself that i wear diapers feel good and makes me happy but when i try to suppress my diaper desire makes me miserable , example when i am out and about like at the mall or supermarket or passing by any diaper aisle or any diaper advertisement and i suppress my feelings, i slowly feel miserable and slowly sinking into binge mode . Compared to when i accept myself that i wear diapers feels good and i feel that i have a healthy and positive mind.

I mean is it wrong to enjoy diapers without people judging , i do not harm anyone and i myself enjoy wearing diapers , i feel guilty when i enjoy wearing diapers like im a weirdo , i am still trying to figure out what causes me to be a DL , i know i have no control over being a DL but an answer why i am like that would be good.

Its just a stigmata from our society, I use to have the same feelings, it usually would get to a point that I was sick of myself, just know its ok to wear and enjoy diapers, there is so much worse out there in the would, some cotton, sap & plastic is not the end of the world. Could be worse, you could like using drugs or robbing banks lol.

Accepting your attraction to diapers feels good because you are being honest and congruent with your feelings. When you try to suppress your feelings, you're denying yourself the right to be "you". You're not listening to your own feelings; you're thinking more about other people's feelings about you wearing a diaper. In essence, your brain is fighting with itself because it has contradictory urges to indulge the feelings and to suppress them.

It's is TOTALLY NOT wrong to enjoy diapers, and it doesn't make you a weirdo. It might feel like that sometimes because we've been brought up in a society that expects the outside appearance of conformity... but if everyone had a sign over their heads listing the things they like, or have done in life, every single person would look like a "weirdo"!

Ultimately, we'll never know exactly what (if anything) "caused" our ABDL-ness. There are a few theories out there that sort-of make sense, but no way of testing them for veracity. Have a search through the forum, and I'm sure you'll find a few threads where people have discussed their thoughts on the aetiology of liking diapers...

Reactions: Sgdlboy, neophyte and makena43
Accepting diapers and embracing diapered life makes having to wear easier to deal with, Im incontinent and have no choice but to wear and have been diapered 24/7 for over 4.5 years. I have come to terms with it and I now enjoy being diapered (Never thought I would feel this way) since I cant stop wearing I might as well make the best of it and enjoy the benefits of being back in diaper.

No more worrying about finding a bathroom to pee, being stuck in traffic or having no bathroom available is no longer a concern. My urologist would prefer I try the meds but Im fine being in a diaper and I am happy that my bladder issue is not caused by anything life threatening and is easy to manage in a premium diaper.

Theres a stigma attached to being in a diaper, but I no longer care as its a medical need and I might as well enjoy being protected.

All things related to baby and newborn such as colours, smells, sounds, patterns and materials are intentionally designed to be soft, calming, pure, clean, peaceful, relaxing, comfortable... I think we all just have good taste.

It’s just a diaper!

Be happy and know that you’re not alone! I hope you find the confidence to enjoy and be happy with all of this!

Last edited:
Our love of diapers is weird, odd, etc. but that doesn't make it bad. It's a harmless quirk that can be a lot of fun if you keep in the right frame of mind. I don't think we can reasonably expect the person on the street to understand and support but the people we are in relationships with ought to be able to work it out with our help. While I wouldn't mind knowing why I am this way, I don't think it would change anything. I prefer to spend my energy on how I make it positive now than where it arose. If it is just another preference, why worry over it specially?

Yours is about the millionth post from someone with a "weird" kink wondering why they're like that - ABDL is not unique, these posts are across almost everything you could ever think of.

Ultimately there's no big magic answer to "why", it's just like why do you like some foods and not others or why is your favourite colour different to mine...

It hurts no-one, it's only making you feel bad because society is still not as understanding or open as it could be, but it's slowly changing. In the meantime, don't beat yourself up about it, enjoy life.

Reactions: neophyte and Trevor
I find it interesting that there are more and more products on the market and especially Amazon, all directed toward the adult baby segment of society. Slowly but surely, we will gain a little more acceptance and as that happens, we won't feel so odd or that it's wrong to wear diapers or regress. Life is tough enough without having to feel guilty about wearing diapers and getting a little space of time to escape from all those worries and stress. It's better than heroin, or so I'm told...haha.

dogboy said:
I find it interesting that there are more and more products on the market and especially Amazon, all directed toward the adult baby segment of society. Slowly but surely, we will gain a little more acceptance and as that happens, we won't feel so odd or that it's wrong to wear diapers or regress. Life is tough enough without having to feel guilty about wearing diapers and getting a little space of time to escape from all those worries and stress. It's better than heroin, or so I'm told...haha.

Here in Canada DayNite Care is doing a good job at making ABDL diapers, such as Tykables and Rearz, available as a Prime product on Amazon. I see more ABDL diapers and selection on Amazon now than I did 6 months ago. I hope the momentum continues, I will continue to buy from them.

I still believe there needs to be better marketing and awareness, I am a life long DL but have been dormant most of my life... how is it that I only realized that ABDL diapers exist 6 months ago??!! If I had known of Rearz 5 years ago then I would be in my 5th year as an active ABDL.... instead I am only in my 6th month because I happen to stumble upon Rearz and ABLD diapers by accident during the new years celebrations.

I believe there are many dormant and unaware ABDLs who would be happy to get into the DL lifestyle if they were aware that ABDL diapers existed and that they were used just for fun by many others.

Unfortunately, I think so dont quote me, ABDL diapers are categorized as sexual/fetish so advertising and marketing is VERY limited. Shame.

And because it's so shameful we hide it and do not discuss it.

@tiny said it best above... "if everyone had a sign over their heads listing the things they like, or have done in life, every single person would look like a "weirdo"! "

Reactions: Trevor
Yeah, the why can make your brain itch. It feels good when you remember you're okay, because you're not pushing part of yourself down. It feels bad when you don't, because, can you imagine what it'd be like to have a finger permanently trapped in a car door? That's like what's happening to part of your mind, except your brain won't let you make squishing that part of your mind permanent, thank goodness!

Last edited:
Back