• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

aby.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
aby.com is an adult-only site...so this thread doesn't belong into the Teenbaby forum...moved to AdultBaby-forum!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Please explain "what happened"

Is the site down... etc?

I don't ever go there b/c it is majority french.

thedlguy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Wait, Aby.com is not in french, you must be thinking of something else. Anyways if you go to the link, there is a short explanation as to why the site is down. Apparently they has some issues so they shut it down to work on the issues of the site and re-vamp the site in a new Beta form.. Should be interesting if and when they get the new site up running

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
ABY being down is no great loss to the diaper world, there are plenty of better diaper sites.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
I disagree B, it is one of the better sites in my opinion.

I heard that it crashed, when will it be up?

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
from what i have hurd from another site i am on it that they have crashed and in the prosses or rebuilding it right now, they havent given a decaffeinate time when it may be back up but they are working on rebuilding it.

M

Mako

From the site owner.

"Due to a series of catastrophic events, Aby.com is offline for a while.

Fear not, we are rebuilding. And yes, I mean *re* building. From the ground up. And, as before, with the strength of this community, we will return... Bigger and better than ever.

Aby.com started a long time ago as a fun idea I just kinda had, and grew into the world's biggest and best AB community, and I believe it will happen again. Sometimes empires need to fall before they truly rise... So I'm thinking of this as a new beginning.

At this time, we do not have a date for our re-launch. The new and improved site I promised a while ago has (obviously) taken longer than I expected, and we've still got a lot of work to do. If you have skills in web programming (especially in PHP) please contact me.

To create a site of this size, it takes a lot of work, and a lot of support. If this site is something important to you, please lend a hand in any way you can. Donations are gladly accepted, as it's gonna take quite a bit to make this happen.

I appreciate your continued support, and I promise we'll be back as soon as we can.

To keep up to date with what's happening, please sign up here: Aby.com relaunch

Huggies!
-Davee"

Meh, no big loss for me. ABY's response to the rumours of shutting down and fanciful promises of updates was on the news page for atleast a year or more. Maybe this will light a fire under the operators ass to actually come through with some work on the site.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
ABY probably won't be back... Davee, the site owner has been an absentee landlord for over 3 years, and while he is a bit "reactionary" (seems to fix things only when terminal issues arise... like two years ago when the front page message was posted), I think the promises of an all-new ABY are lip service. His ego is still holding onto the ABY dream.

Davee has pissed a ton of people off, primarily because of screwing people out of $ back when he was selling (and not mailing out) ABY merchandise, and secondarily because of his complete disregard for the website over the past few years. People kept going back to ABY because it was the biggest, not necessarily the best. Now that it's gone, people are joining up with other websites, primarily RUPadded.com... Which while similar, is a marked improvement over ABY, both on the forum software and moderation level.

Personally, it's sad to see ABY go... It's given me a portal to meet hundreds of new friends, both online and IRL. THat said, sometimes it's best to move on to bigger and better things.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I personally don't bother with sites like ABY or RUPadded or any of that... it's all the same garbage over and over and over. I'll post something on dailydiapers every now and again... but I spend most of my time here because ADISC at least tries to be different from other sites.

M

Mako

ABY probably won't be back... Davee, the site owner has been an absentee landlord for over 3 years, and while he is a bit "reactionary" (seems to fix things only when terminal issues arise... like two years ago when the front page message was posted), I think the promises of an all-new ABY are lip service. His ego is still holding onto the ABY dream.

Davee has pissed a ton of people off, primarily because of screwing people out of $ back when he was selling (and not mailing out) ABY merchandise, and secondarily because of his complete disregard for the website over the past few years. People kept going back to ABY because it was the biggest, not necessarily the best. Now that it's gone, people are joining up with other websites, primarily RUPadded.com... Which while similar, is a marked improvement over ABY, both on the forum software and moderation level.

Personally, it's sad to see ABY go... It's given me a portal to meet hundreds of new friends, both online and IRL. THat said, sometimes it's best to move on to bigger and better things.
The operators and mods of RUPadded used to be ones for ABY but were fed up with Davee not being there, hence creating their own site. They originally used the same software (albeit improved) as ABY because it's where they were already familiar with. But the site had a complete overhaul a while ago to a completely different layout, and Tody, Seb, Sasha do work really hard. :p I've drifted away from RUP since the chatroom got pulled due to being broken and them being to swamped with other features to fix it properly.

RUPadded used to be unique in its higher concentration of babyfurs in comparison to any other community, though it was not a babyfur focused site. Now with the shut-down of aby, it's feels much more bland.

NinjaRider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
I'm not a big fan of ABY.com becasue of the high amount of messages hey what are you wearing, ever wore while on the ship stuff like that. Though it has gotten better recently. Also I shouldn't complain because of that site I found this one

ZombifiedKitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Carer, Other
I'm with Darkfinn on this one. ABY among the dozens of other now dead sites I've been a part of tend to be more of same perpetuating the AB/DL stereotype and typically a trashy one at that. Not that AB sites do anything for me anymore I still like keeping my foot in the door. Six or seven years of the same crap gets on my nerves, like isn't there anything new heaven forbid.

Also thanks to ABY I discovered a childhood friend (once best friend) is an AB and after several tense messages he totally hates my guts beyond my comprehension. So if you ask me good riddens to both the site and his profile. Funny though I'd still be willing to put my life at risk for him.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
I welcome all the information about the other sites - information of a kind useful to our own members, like indications which sites mught be good to belong to as well as ADISC or would be a waste of time, for a particular person; a feel for what is going on in the abdl world at large, and stuff that highlights the special advantages of ADISC, which we might take for granted without a basis for comparison.

Dark Bringer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Someone mentioned it being in French. I think they might have meant AB Kingdom. Has anybody been to that site? Is it any good?

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Aby is also where the most creepiest of the creepiest of ABs hang out. I have had run-ins with some that well... SHUDDER, make me wonder what they're smoking and stuff. I had one guy who actually wanted to pay me to suck my dick and change my diaper... SHUDDER.

I have met others there that creep me out too.

WildThing121675

Ryan_d

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Aby is also where the most creepiest of the creepiest of ABs hang out. I have had run-ins with some that well... SHUDDER, make me wonder what they're smoking and stuff. I had one guy who actually wanted to pay me to suck my dick and change my diaper... SHUDDER.

I have met others there that creep me out too.

WildThing121675
....Welcome to the internet?

The only reason that does not happen here is because we have many kick ASS mods.... AKA thanks mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.