Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Which do you prefer overall out of these 2?

For me its easy, I go with ABUniverse way more often and I order PeekABUs more than anything else and I feel ABUniverse still wins for overall variety of options (number of tapes, absorbency options, prints, prices, etc)

I still prefer PeekABUs to any of the 6000ML rated Tykables, though I do like the Dino print Tykables has

I have a half case Of Camelots coming though and may order them semi-regularly if I like them enough

Last edited:
Still haven't tried Tykables. It's probably inevitable. I do like ABU. The stupidly high capacities don't really do anything for me, as I'm seldom in a diaper for 12+ hours straight. The prints are where it's at for me, and the ABU prints are just better, IMO--more "little." I'm not really after dragons or camouflage or dinosaurs about to be killed by meteors. PeekABU is adorable, and of course how could a bunny resist BunnyHopps? :)

Reactions: Deleted member 51008
Used to Love Tykeables but find their current Waddle Cut uncomfortable and and difficult to get a good fit... PeekABU's imo are the best diaper out there never had a leak and the Fit for me is the best...

Tykables hands down all day every day. They absorb better and the refastenable tapes are awesome. Though, if ABU did that with the space diaper I'd maybe order more from them. ...now that I think about it, maybe they're tied. 🤔😉😄

Iron said:
Tykables hands down all day every day. They absorb better and the refastenable tapes are awesome. Though, if ABU did that with the space diaper I'd maybe order more from them. ...now that I think about it, maybe they're tied. 🤔😉😄
I think all Tykables besides the Camelots are 6000ML rated, whereas most ABU models are less than that, depending on the specific model

Only PeekABUs and Simple Ultra are rated at 6000ML

For me PeekABUs just edge out Tykables, though not by a huge margin

BabyTyrant said:
I think all Tykables besides the Camelots are 6000ML rated, whereas most ABU models are less than that, depending on the specific model

Only PeekABUs and Simple Ultra are rated at 6000ML

For me PeekABUs just edge out Tykables, though not by a huge margin

Except with the PeekAbus they rely on sap so I have to be careful with them. Tykables I can flood no problem. That's my feeling anyway. YMMV

Reactions: Ereid2k19
Tykables easily. I don't like Abu diapers, they're way too expensive and for example peekabu doesn't wick well at all and isn't even a full print. Their full prints like space aren't my favorite either. Tykables has got many options, like pride, rascals(I know they're not made by tykables but that's where they're sold in usa) camelot, overnight and galactic and they all get really good reputations from people on here. If I was gonna spend 40 dollars for a pack or get a mixed case I'd get from tykables 100% of the time.

Reactions: Iron
Ereid2k19 said:
Tykables easily. I don't like Abu diapers, they're way too expensive and for example peekabu doesn't wick well at all and isn't even a full print. Their full prints like space aren't my favorite either. Tykables has got many options, like pride, rascals(I know they're not made by tykables but that's where they're sold in usa) camelot, overnight and galactic and they all get really good reputations from people on here. If I was gonna spend 40 dollars for a pack or get a mixed case I'd get from tykables 100% of the time.
I never buy small quantities strictly because of the higher price, always half cases (40) or full cases (80)

I just can't say I care too much for most of Tykables Prints

Not that I hate them, just that their typical prints are all very close to each other and sort of "Meh" IMO

From ABU I like PeekABUs, Little Pawz, Kiddos, and DinoRawrz, and recently got into their Simples (because good performance and very fairly priced)

From Tykables I really only like the Lil Rawrz (Dinos) and recently the Camelots, the rest of their prints im just not crazy for

I do like the Rascals; though thats not a Tykables print

though I just recently was able to order Camelots because they sold out quick and were out of stock for weeks

Tykables all the way. They're simply a better quality product all around. Better leak resistance, better capacity, and more adjustable.

I’m a tykables fan all the way. For what ever reason ABU don’t fit me right. In addition I prefer the prints from Tykables over ABU. Just my thoughts.

ABU Bunny Hops for me. I wear at night and I find the waddle cut too wide for comfortable sleeping.

Reactions: chiaochai
Mind you this is personal opinion not objective... I'm 24/7 for a long time and experienced both brands.
TLDR: ABU wins because all plastic options and variety of absorbancies.

Pros:
(Both) High quality products that work and fit me well. Don't leak easily. I enjoy fun prints for my underwear.
(ABU) range of usable and reasonable absorbancies, and styles.
(Tykables) as a pup, super enthusiastic about puppers
(Tykables) I enjoy the waddler crotch, seems a tad bit bigger than anything abu offers, but it still fades into the background without bugging me.
(Tykables) slightly more generous medium sizing and tape placement that seems to fit me better.

Cons:
(Tykables) personally don't care for velcro, at all, and that's all they make. Related but minor, can't tape up used diaper as token amount of sticky on the velcro tapes isn't enough.
(Tykables) one style, one absorbancy (more than I'd ever exceed, before camelot's even...) different prints.
(Tykables) padding in front falls down during expended wear on my body.
(Abu) I think we're on version 7 of peek abus... Unofficially of course. Product seems to change from every batch produced often without announcement (surprise!) Last change made peek abu 1.5 in shorter in length which affected fit on me greatly.
(Abu) (minor annoyance) shipping is extra on cases, unlike most others, kinda hides the total price.

Reactions: TigerDL and Deleted member 51008
Tykables all the way for me! I've tried several of the ABU ones and I find the Tykables fit a lot better and are more absorbent. I'm also a fan of the hook and loop.
I do however still wear the ABU SDK's often purely due to the feeling of nostalgia for the 90's Pampers look and feel from my youth.

I like both, but what drives me a little crazy is ABU peekabu, simple ultra and dino's need to be size large, but tykables are fine in mediums (maybe ever so slightly a hair small for me, but there larges swallow me whole.
I wish both brands offered a size regular (in-between medium and larges) but thats me.

I get diapered in, and love both all of ABU's different diapers and Tykables different diapers but....
If given the choice of diapers from only. one or the other. It would probably be diapers from ABU.
Mainly for the simple reason of disposal.
I could be imagining things but I coulda sworn that the Velcro tabs on the Tykables had just enough adhesive on them where they attached to the plastic shell of the diaper that they could still be rolled up and secured into a ball during a diaper change. Not being able to roll a diaper that's only wet is one thing, but if it's after I've been changed out of a dirty one......

I've gotta go with ABUniverse. Tykables has some great products but ABU has them beat on pricing and variety.

I like both of them for different reasons.

The cut of Tykables feels way more secure/babyish and the tapes are stronger.
The look of ABU is more babyish, and the scent is great.

Tykables needs to improve on their front panel design and color schemes. ABU needs to work on their tapes.

Regardless, I'm grateful to both companies for their continued innovation and excellent service.

Reactions: chiaochai
odd1inSyde said:
I like both of them for different reasons.

The cut of Tykables feels way more secure/babyish and the tapes are stronger.
The look of ABU is more babyish, and the scent is great.

Tykables needs to improve on their front panel design and color schemes. ABU needs to work on their tapes.

Regardless, I'm grateful to both companies for their continued innovation and excellent service.
Have you tried PeekABUs lately? The latest version and maybe even the version before that have really strong tapes, like its a world of difference between the tapes on most ABU models and the ones on recent PeekABUs

For the "Hook and Loop" type tabs, I think Tykables does that better

But Tykables has consolidated their line down to what is essentially the same shell, but with different prints on top

They all seem to be "Waddle Cut", have the "toddler tough plastic" and have the same 6000ML rating and composition (SAP and Fluff ratios)

I know why they did that, it makes a lot of sense as its streamlines their range and it is probably also easier for their Manufacturer + customers alike

But if you (metaphorically, not "You" you) dont like any/all of those options you may not like Tykables

The only oddity in their range seems to be the Camelots with their 7000ML rating rather than 6000ML

ABUniverse really puts the Universe in the name with how wide of a range they have

BabyTyrant said:
Have you tried PeekABUs lately? The latest version and maybe even the version before that have really strong tapes, like its a world of difference between the tapes on most ABU models and the ones on recent PeekABUs

For the "Hook and Loop" type tabs, I think Tykables does that better

But Tykables has consolidated their line down to what is essentially the same shell, but with different prints on top

They all seem to be "Waddle Cut", have the "toddler tough plastic" and have the same 6000ML rating and composition (SAP and Fluff ratios)

I know why they did that, it makes a lot of sense as its streamlines their range and it is probably also easier for their Manufacturer + customers alike

But if you (metaphorically, not "You" you) dont like any/all of those options you may not like Tykables

The only oddity in their range seems to be the Camelots with their 7000ML rating rather than 6000ML

ABUniverse really puts the Universe in the name with how wide of a range they have
I haven't tried the newest PeekABUs - I will have to get some.

In my experience, hook & loop are just generally better for readjustment, and ABUniverse hasn't quite nailed that type of tape yet. The Dinorawrz look great, but I've had too many tapes just rip when applying them - and it's not an issue of the sizing being wrong, my waist is super slim.

As I said, both brands are great.

I've never tried LittleForBig, but both Rearz and Bambino have been kinda meh for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back