ABU Thick AIO adult diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DprdDirtRider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I was looking around the web to order some new diapers and I stumbled across this ABU Cloth AIO Adult Diapers @ ABUniverse.com I have no experience with cloth diapers and I thought this looked very soft and comfortable but have no idea how good it actually is.

If anyone on here has tried these it would be great to hear what you think of them before I purchase anything. Thanks.

SuperTed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'd buy from NiceDiaper.com. They are well priced and have a far greater range of prints and designs. I can vouch for them as I have bought from them quite a number of times.

So I was looking around the web to order some new diapers and I stumbled across this ABU Cloth AIO Adult Diapers @ ABUniverse.com I have no experience with cloth diapers and I thought this looked very soft and comfortable but have no idea how good it actually is.

If anyone on here has tried these it would be great to hear what you think of them before I purchase anything. Thanks.

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'd buy from NiceDiaper.com. They are well priced and have a far greater range of prints and designs. I can vouch for them as I have bought from them quite a number of times.
You're the first person I've heard or seen that's willing to give them a good recommendation. Can you comment as to the durability and longevity of whatever stuff you bought? Also, how's the "fit and finish"? Are the seams sewn well, no loose threads, et cetera?

abmikey2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I bought 5 pairs of there all-in-one pullups over a year ago. I wear these whenever I am not diapered (I use them as training pants). The quality was as good as Babykins here in Canada, but much cheaper. The seams, fabric and elastic continue to hold up well after MANY washes. Sizes are normal American sizes.

Puffcub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I could be just me but is anyone else having trouble navigating their site without getting an undefined error popup? Can barely get to the checkout and at that point the error message pops back up! Tried 3 different browsers in 2 different OS'.

Pity, they really seem like a fun product at a good price.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I have 2 aio diapers from nicediaper.com and I love them. However I am probably not the best person to get a review from. I don't really use them as cloth diapers, but more of really bulky diaper covers for bedtime. So far I love them, but on the other hand I don't get the full use out of them.

DprdDirtRider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have 2 aio diapers from nicediaper.com and I love them. However I am probably not the best person to get a review from. I don't really use them as cloth diapers, but more of really bulky diaper covers for bedtime. So far I love them, but on the other hand I don't get the full use out of them.

That sounds like a good idea for them. As i said before i have never used cloth before so i don't know how absorbant they would be or even how to tell a good from a bad but i just think that they look nice and like you said would be a great diaper cover that would catch leaks.

Tercochu

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I just bought some see-through plastic diaper covers from them because I am going to make my own cute flannel fitted diapers to wear under them and I don't want to leak. :)

EmilyL

#cuteandadorable Little
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little

I had a list with details on cloth but feel it'd take time to make sure it's better quality. in my opinion get a contour/fitted (disposable-like cloth) with a snappi. The snappi is by far easier to use than pins and provide a tighter feel. Being a contour and fitted means it's JUST the cloth, quicker to dry, and cheaper. You can then buy your own high waist (hint, high waist, must be high waist for cloth) plastic pants and inter-match your items once you get a collection going. That, and in AIO's the plastic covering is destroyed quicker than the cloth itself.

I use the leakmaster gauze/birdseye overnight weight cloth from adultclothdiaper.com - I have my 2nd on it's way. I also ordered a 90 load bag of rockin' green.

Oh, and all cloth requires a pre-wash, normal wash, then another wash (extra rinse, or double rinse/wash are other terms)before their first use. Afterwards only a wash/double rinse is needed, at elast from my experiences/googling. And all clothdiapers will not work well on their first use. It takes at least 4 washes (from my experience) to finally get good. By 8 they're wonderful and soft.

And so far i've tried a 6 layer flannel from babykins and a 4 layer birdseye with 2 layer terry cloth from adultclothdiaper.com - The babyknis is so light that i am treating it as a booster now. I don't trust it for an all day affair, and it literally is lighter compared to my ACD one. I'd stick with birdseye or gauze with terry cloth in it, i don't like all flannel.

If yo have questions pm me, i've been in cloth for about a month and learned a ton so far. I love cloth so much i'm not even wearing my disposables anymore.

lonnie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I recently purchased the AIO from ABU and have only used it as a disposable diaper cover as I personly do not see this AIO diaper holding much liquid or solids, but it does make a nice thick diaper cover.

EmilyL

#cuteandadorable Little
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I recently purchased the AIO from ABU and have only used it as a disposable diaper cover as I personly do not see this AIO diaper holding much liquid or solids, but it does make a nice thick diaper cover.

Which one was it? Do you know how many layers of what material? Give it 5-6 washes, then try it out, you might be surprised.

lonnie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I don't remember which one it was, all I remember was I was disapointed in the way it looked, as it dont look like it would hold more than 1 wetting.
I am happy just to use it as a thick diaper cover as it adds a lot of bulk when worn over a disposable adult diaper and is very hard to hide when wearing a pair of jeans or sweatpants.

SuperTed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have a pair of training pants that have been washed at least 2 dozen times and they have held up perfectly. Many of their cloth nappies with velcro closures are 6 layers thick and really comfortable and soft to wear. They have a large variety of plastic pants which also vary in greatly in price. Quality wise, they seem well made too. I don't think anyone would feel ripped off by this company for what they pay.

You're the first person I've heard or seen that's willing to give them a good recommendation. Can you comment as to the durability and longevity of whatever stuff you bought? Also, how's the "fit and finish"? Are the seams sewn well, no loose threads, et cetera?

Status
Not open for further replies.