alexchar1982

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
soo, this is going to be a semi long duration review of the ab universe space diaper where i write a review and update it as i use the first ten diapers. i know that there are plenty of reviews out there for the space, but, i figured why not, the more information, the better.

Cost:
so lets start with the price. i ordered mine from abu usa and used the free shipping option to get them to me (more on that later). so a pack of ten space diapers will cost you $34.99, a cost of $3.49 per diaper. a 40 pack (half case, what i got) will set you back $84.99, or $2.12 per diaper. finally, you could get 80 for a whopping $155.99, or $1.94 per diaper. as diapers go, not the worst priceing, but definitely not the best. as for shipping, it will vary depending on where you live, but the free shipping option was avalable in my case, and shipped my half case via ups ground in about five days. your mialage may vary, but if you qualify for the free shipping option and you buy a half case or more, you will almost cirtainly get ups ground shipping for your order. the reason you may find this valuable is that you can have it held at a ups location for free.

Opening the box:
as for the unboxing experience, it was pretty cool to me, having never ordered from abu before and only getting sample packs from other ab diaper makers. the plain, unmarked, brown box was heavier than expected, 21 pounds, and was packed with diapers upon opening, thankfully with some headroom for the diapers so that a careless opening knife won't accidentally nick the diapers. aside from the expected 40 diapers, there was a card that thanks you for buying from abu along with some lolipops and stickers. other than that, just the slight baby powder scent that the diapers picked up from the warehouse (which will linger by the way). onto the diaper itself.

Inital impressions:
the first thing i noticed about the abu space diaper was it's size, it is thicker than any diaper i have tried before and the folded size made me wonder if i had gotten a size too large, however upon opening it, i realized it just seemed that way and it actually fit fine. the next thing i noticed where the designs and the elastics at the front and back. the designs appealed to me as a huge fan of all things science and science fiction, bringing me back to my dream of being an astronaut, and the fadeing designs really excited me for the first wetting. that said, meybe having the aliens fade into a white cloud isn't the best option, but i still love the idea. the elastics also really got me happy, i love haveing elastics in the tops of the diaper, it keeps the fit snug and comfy.

putting it on:
so after getting myself set up and aligned on the diaper, i began to really understand just how thick this diaper was, it felt like i was sitting on several thick and fluffy blankets, i really couldn't wait to get it on, so i started with the bottom taapes and immeditly found proof of abu's care in design. a previous ab diaper i had tried was the awwsocute teddy bear diaper, and one thing i found was the tape landing panel didn't cover the areas one was likely to stick the bottom tapes, however, the bottom tapes of the abu space would almost always land in that panel, making for easy removal and reapplication. same story with the top tapes, a well designed landing zone. with the diaper taped on, i immedietely loved the feel, bulky, but not overly so, i could still move and lay down comfortbly. another thing i noticed was the noise, this is, by my standards, a fairly loud diaper, but a pair of underwear muffled a good chunk of the noise. overall, very comfortable.

first wetting:
so after drinking an xl polar pop and waiting a few hours, i was finally ready to unleash the forces of the yellow brigade on the evil potty aliens (i am easly bored and entertained). so i went to the bathroom and let loose upon my alien enimies, the yellow legion blasting thrugh three of the evil potty lovers instantly, several more followed, vanishing into little white clouds. okay, so real talk, i dropped a pretty large flood into this diaper and it asorbed the whole thing without complaint or leak, and within minites, i felt like i was almost dry, just a little wetness near the "point of orgin". i also noticed that walking had become a much greater challenge, the section between my legs rather swolen and keeping me from maintaining a normal stride. very impressed and happy, can't wait to keep going. load more ammo for the yellow brigade, there are more potty aliens to fight!

second wetting, early morning:
after 3 hours of sleeping in my diaper, i was ready to wet my diaper yet again. so, i did, and once again, the abu space held the entire release and didn't leak. the aliens now only exist on the top back of the diaper. the inside now definitely feels fairly damp, but not wet, and it weighs quite a bit, however, the tapes are holding, with the exception of the top left tape, which did pop off after being redone, however, a quick reapplication and rubbing to warm the adhesive fixed the problem and it is now holding just fine. the swell is quite noticeable and makes the diaper extremely squishy, but still firm, the padding inside the diaper not clumping and collecting in one place. this is going to be difficult to hide under my pants. onward yellow brigade, the enemy is almost vanquished!

alexchar1982 said:
second wetting, early morning

I think I hit my second wetting by about midnight or so. Usually on number 5 or 6 by the time I crawl outa bed. For me, a "properly used" space diaper will be wet to within 3-5" of the back top when it comes time to change. I bet you never even got past the center at that rate. You'll have to do better next time! ;)

actually, still wearing, gonna use it till it leaks, writing the morning wetting section right now, should be up in a few minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

third wetting, morning:
just finished giving my alien garden it's morning soak, this diaper now is truly sagging and squishy, from the top of the front, all the way to the middle of the seat, and no leaks. this makes three large floods and countless smaller wettings, can't believe this thing hasn't leaked yet. even better, the tapes are still holding and the diaper is still really comfortable, the reports of this diaper lasting for a while haven't been exaggerated. been wearing this one for about 9 hours and still going.

Diaper one down:
okay, so about 11 hours into diaper number one, i had a small leak, in all reality, i think it was sweat from my plastic pants, but i decided it was time to change, got all but about the last three inches of the padding, four aliens survived the yellow legion's onslaught. With the diaper folded, it was about three inches thick and it barely fit into a gallon zip lock, definitely better than an abena m4. All told it took three large floods and probably somewhere in the realm of 20 to 30 smaller wettings (probably about a quarter cup each). One tape did require duct tape, but that was due to contamination during a late night white goo squad operation. One down, 9 more to go.
So that was the first diaper of this review, i decided to write it this way because i often find that i change the way i feel about a diaper after a few of them because i find better ways to put them on, or i find some quirk of the diaper that makes it preform better or worse. So i decided that the first ten would be the review, not just one. So put any questions or comments below, things i didn't do, things i could have done better, ect. Stay tuned for diaper 2.

diaper 2, wetting 1:
pretty much the same as the first diaper, swelling, mostly in the midsection, dry after a few minutes, several aliens dissipated. Putting the diaper on was a bit different this time as i had to do so standing up, but the leak guards appear to be doing their job.

Diaper 2, wetting 2-4:
so wettings 2-4 went about the same as the others, the diaper got thicker, the aliens fell under the yellow brigade, and the diaper didn't leak. One thing i have noticed is that these diapers will sag considrably if not suppoerted., i would recommend getting a onesie if you intend to use these during the day.

Messing:
so messing a space diaper really isn't annything special, just a bit more space for the “brown squadron” than i'm used to. That said, the diaper did a good job containing the smell, and the extra tall leak guards kept the mess contained. After this, i changed out of diaper 2 and bagged it, even tighter fit in my gallon ziplock disposal bags. So with two diapers, i effectively went all day without useing the potty, rather impressive if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back