ABU SDKs/Cushies/Lavender front waistband yay or nay?

Front waistband upgrade yay or nay

• Upgrade them all, love the front waistband.

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Leave SDKs alone but happy to see Cushies & Lavender get the front waistband

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave Cushies alone but happy to see SDKs & Lavender get the front waistband

• Leave Lavender alone but happy to see SDKs & Cushies & get the front waistband

• Leave them as they are and let ABU launch what they think will work.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I just want an all white version of the Kiddos.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I just want that “Super Simple” Casey mentioned.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Crazy talk they already have the perfect mix of products

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi peeps, I know this comes up a bit in discussion and ABU can and should be able to do whatever they want with their products but just for fun (and probably my own OCD) what would you like ABU to do with their 2 tape diapee range?

Be fabulous if you could also answer the poll if any of the options resonate with you, I am sure I missed lots of amazing options/ideas.

I'd like to see them offer the v1 Cushies/SDKs again or make the new version more similar in terms of the feel of the plastic and placement of the tapes. I'm ambivalent about their thickness/capacity. I think the v1 style was sufficient for my purposes and the price was right but I know most people find thicker to be better.

I like that style of diaper but they don't feel as nice as they did and they don't fit quite as well as they used to. It's a very personal complaint.

I want the tape higher up and the landing zone a tad narrower as it's like double the width of the tapes. Also get rid of the harbor glass padding.

I'm actually on a PC for once, so the poll actually worked! I went for the crazy talk, since PeekABU already had a front waist band. And if you're looking for better then you can already go with Betterdry/Crinklz. Everyone is different though, so if you don't want a waist band then go with the SDK you've already been wearing. Want something better, then go with something better.

Trevor said:
I'd like to see them offer the v1 Cushies/SDKs again or make the new version more similar in terms of the feel of the plastic and placement of the tapes.

I never tried the original and see this come up often as well, I do wish ABU was at a point where they could at least on occasion release an SDK Classic for those peeps looking for them.

NeverKnow said:
I won't buy anything without a front waistband, especially a single-tape diaper. However, while I might throw a pack or two of SDKs onto a mixed case if I were buying one, if they had a front waistband, they aren't really my thing. I like Kiddos better anyway.

Exactly what I was wondering! Kiddos are awesome!

If I understand this correctly the Pampers SDK are modeled off never had a front elastic waistband so would an SDK upgrade ruin the Vintage feel?

DanUt said:
I want the tape higher up and the landing zone a tad narrower as it's like double the width of the tapes. Also get rid of the harbor glass padding.

Wow that would make a really old fashioned diaper (guessing harbor glass = hour glass?)

Slomo said:
I'm actually on a PC for once, so the poll actually worked! I went for the crazy talk, since PeekABU already had a front waist band. And if you're looking for better then you can already go with Betterdry/Crinklz. Everyone is different though, so if you don't want a waist band then go with the SDK you've already been wearing. Want something better, then go with something better.

Someone had to press the crazy option!

Imo ABU do have “better” with the Kiddos and I think I would like to have their other 2 tapes at the same level + really interested to know if others feel the same way.

It could be amazing if they did a 2 tape version of the PeekABU though with those gorgeous taping panels.

Argent said:
I never tried the original and see this come up often as well, I do wish ABU was at a point where they could at least on occasion release an SDK Classic for those peeps looking for them.[snipped]

That would be great but I doubt they'd offer them again. Most people prefer the newer style. It's funny to me that one of my all-time favorite diapers was produced by a company that I would never give a dime to. I was only willing to buy from them after Casey bought the company. They have a nice variety of products but I still miss the cheap Cushies/SDKs.

Trevor said:
That would be great but I doubt they'd offer them again. Most people prefer the newer style. It's funny to me that one of my all-time favorite diapers was produced by a company that I would never give a dime to. I was only willing to buy from them after Casey bought the company. They have a nice variety of products but I still miss the cheap Cushies/SDKs.

Exactly the reason I never bought any from old ABU after reading about all the problems peeps encountered from them.

I personally love SDKs as they are now (though yes the front waistband thing is still top of my mind) and while very keen to experience the original I wonder if a homage classic with current design and capacity with the old plastic shell and blue liner would be a winner as an option or not different enough to be worthwhile?

I love this thread! Two tape ABU stuff is my absolute favorite by a long shot! I loved the SDK V1's, my biggest issue was the capacity and cheap absorbent material. So I would like to see those with the better quality of the V2's and the thicker absorbent material. If you took the current two tape line, added about 2-3 inches in length, squared of the corners like the V1's, and ran the absorbent stuff to within an inch of the front and back, they'd all be perfect! And on the SDK (my favorite ABU dip), I'd like to see them add in that light blue layer in the backing. But the biggest issues to me are definitely the length and the hourglass shape.

As for the elastic waistebands, I can't stand them. I love kiddo's, but I don't buy them because of the front waisteband. I don't mind the rear one, but I prefer none, like the SDK V1's. The pampers baby dry they are supposed to replicate didn't have any elastic waistbands either.

But all in all, love the two tape stuff (never had a tape fail yet) from ABU. I find all of it to be top quality. So soft and comfortable, good capacity, and rarely, if ever, leak.

RG

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

RGordon45 said:
As for the elastic waistebands, I can't stand them. I love kiddo's, but I don't buy them because of the front waisteband. I don't mind the rear one, but I prefer none, like the SDK V1's. The pampers baby dry they are supposed to replicate didn't have any elastic waistbands either.

But all in all, love the two tape stuff (never had a tape fail yet) from ABU. I find all of it to be top quality. So soft and comfortable, good capacity, and rarely, if ever, leak.

RG

So that is very very interesting, I incorrectly assumed those Pampers had a rear waistband.

Now I am even more convinced a front waistband is a good idea as an upgrade (sorry RG :) ) since v2 SDKs are possibly less authentic.

I have tried most of the single tape diapers from ABU and seem to find the best fit and protection from the Kiddo. I really love how it fits and feels, and I personally just with they would make an all white version of it. Just to be back on topic, I love a good front waist band on diapers, and think they should all have them.

iowaincon said:
I have tried most of the single tape diapers from ABU and seem to find the best fit and protection from the Kiddo. I really love how it fits and feels, and I personally just with they would make an all white version of it. Just to be back on topic, I love a good front waist band on diapers, and think they should all have them.

I am sure an all white Kiddo would be a winner (I would buy them) and yep love the waistbands.

I seriously hope they don't go there. There are plenty of other options for people who want front waistbands. Everybody's different. Some don't like two tape diapers, others love them. We need to have a bit of variety for all of the unique people out there. If they added a front waistband to the SDK's, I can't even describe the disappointment I would feel. I know that sounds a bit extreme, but we all want certain things in our diapers. These are the closest thing there is for me. They are my favorite diaper on the market today and it would totally ruin them for me. If you want a front waistband, why not just buy the Kiddo's, or if you like all white, simple ultra's? I would imagime that at some point ABU will develop an all white two tape diaper, and I'd be willing to bet it will have a front waistband. Lets not go making everything the same, after all, the idea with these was to replicate the old pampers baby dry. And I think there are a lot of people out there that want that. Why not make them more like the diaper they were intended to be, instead of taking them farther from their intended design? Then they could make a new product to fill the void instead of trying to make one diaper to suit such a wide range of people.

RG

RGordon45 said:
I seriously hope they don't go there. There are plenty of other options for people who want front waistbands. Everybody's different. Some don't like two tape diapers, others love them. We need to have a bit of variety for all of the unique people out there. If they added a front waistband to the SDK's, I can't even describe the disappointment I would feel. I know that sounds a bit extreme

No that doesn’t sound extreme at all :hug: I hope we can all have the diapees we want and happiness :)

This is just kicking the can around, I am sure ABU has their own plans which will excite and upset some peeps.

I am interested to see though how many people on here think the same way as me on this topic.

Argent said:
Exactly the reason I never bought any from old ABU after reading about all the problems peeps encountered from them.

I personally love SDKs as they are now (though yes the front waistband thing is still top of my mind) and while very keen to experience the original I wonder if a homage classic with current design and capacity with the old plastic shell and blue liner would be a winner as an option or not different enough to be worthwhile?

I'm usually a big fan of front waistbands, and typically won't order diapers that lack them. But I slipped up and got some SaveExpress MyDiaper Plus a few months back. I was kicking myself when I noticed they didn't have front OR rear elastic, I expected to hate them and thought I'd wasted my money. They use padding very similar to Tykables overnight/galactic, but appear to be longer. I've had very good luck with them, for fit, comfort, leakproofness, and feel. I have a preference for all-white soft-shelled diapers, and these really do that well. With long padding and a reasonable amount of unpadded plastic on the ends in addition to the soft shell, they seem to be just about as comfortable as with elastic. I'm impressed! So don't completely write off diapers with no waist elastic - it CAN work.

If these were reasonably priced for availability in the USA, these would be a major contender for my (weekday) overnight diaper of choice because there's just not a lot of selection in the way of all-white soft shell at that capacity level / thickness. They're still pretty comfortable for me when soaked by morning, even being a side-sleeper. The thicker all-white options like Inspire and space get too thick between the legs when wet to sleep comfortably on my side, and they don't have a soft shell like this either.

bambinod said:
some SaveExpress MyDiaper Plus .... I've had very good luck with them, for fit, comfort, leakproofness, and feel. I have a preference for all-white soft-shelled diapers, and these really do that well. .....I'm impressed! So don't completely write off diapers with no waist elastic - it CAN work.....

Great to know!

Actually with the power of hindsight (and now learning old Pampers didn’t have front or rear waistbands) I am kinda kicking myself my poll didn’t have an option for those preferring another run of original SDKs (and or Cushies) as I am even keener now to try them.

Argent said:
I never tried the original and see this come up often as well, I do wish ABU was at a point where they could at least on occasion release an SDK Classic for those peeps looking for them.

Exactly what I was wondering! Kiddos are awesome!

If I understand this correctly the Pampers SDK are modeled off never had a front elastic waistband so would an SDK upgrade ruin the Vintage feel?

Wow that would make a really old fashioned diaper (guessing harbor glass = hour glass?)

Someone had to press the crazy option!

Imo ABU do have “better” with the Kiddos and I think I would like to have their other 2 tapes at the same level + really interested to know if others feel the same way.

It could be amazing if they did a 2 tape version of the PeekABU though with those gorgeous taping panels.

Huh? PeekABU already is a 2-tape diaper. Or did you mean a single tape diaper (per side as always)?

Leave them alone. They have already done enough damage as it is.

Slomo said:
Huh? PeekABU already is a 2-tape diaper. Or did you mean a single tape diaper (per side as always)?

This thread is about ABU single tape per side but I am trying to stick to ABUs terminology where they categorise them as “4 tape diapers” and “2 tape diapers”, I actually preferred the older term of Vintage style to describe SDKs/Cushies/Lavender but that seems out of vogue now.

Anyway important thing is even though you mentioned PeekABU which weren’t part of the range I wanted to respond to you personally so you knew I was reading your post and valued your input (even if we were misunderstanding each other.)

- - - Updated - - -

Honeywell6180 said:
Leave them alone. They have already done enough damage as it is.

I promise I won’t personally make any alterations to the production run :)

Does this mean you preferred the original v1s? If so did you see my other multiple choice poll?

Argent said:
This thread is about ABU single tape per side but I am trying to stick to ABUs terminology where they categorise them as “4 tape diapers” and “2 tape diapers”, I actually preferred the older term of Vintage style to describe SDKs/Cushies/Lavender but that seems out of vogue now.

Anyway important thing is even though you mentioned PeekABU which weren’t part of the range I wanted to respond to you personally so you knew I was reading your post and valued your input (even if we were misunderstanding each other.)

- - - Updated - - -

I promise I won’t personally make any alterations to the production run :)

Does this mean you preferred the original v1s? If so did you see my other multiple choice poll?

Yeah it does get confusing. I have no idea why ABU refers to the total number of tapes when the diaper community has referenced the number of tapes per side since the 80's (maybe longer). When you said you wanted PeekABU's in a two tape version you threw me off because according to the normal reference they already are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back