Abu plastic backed preschool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamperluv

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Has anyone tried the new Abu Plastic Backed Preschools? I have tried the cloth.....Are they comparable to Pampers?? My dream diaper....I just want to know if they're worth buying

Venesha

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I would get one of the sample packs and try them out to see if you like them or not. I prefer the plastic backed to the cloth backed, I think the sides are to stretchy on the cloth backed. They start to stretch out after a few hours of wearing I think. I haven't had that problem out of the plastics. I don't wet or mess in mine so I couldn't say much for their absorbency and what not but they are pretty comfy dry. A bit on the noisier side but most plastic backed tend to be crinkly.

Like I said the best thing to do is buy a sample pack and try them out to see if you like them or not.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I like them but I think sample packs are always the way to go with a new diaper. I took a leap of faith on these because they had a Black Friday offer and got a case and wasn't disappointed but I've had that go badly. A little investigation up-front is worth it.

ChrisKrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I find that they go on nice and tight. I slept in one once and when i woke up it was all loosened up and kind of discombobulated...very cute though and sound wonderfull

LittleICme

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Yes they are worth buying.

I tried a sample pack of M and L, although I am 99% certain that I received 2 large diapers, because I could find no difference in overall length or width, and website indicated mediums out of stock.
The Preschools kinda remind me of the discontinued Abena M3 plastic. I am not a big fan of graphics on my diapers, but these are cute and I will likely order a case when the Mediums are back in stock.

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I got the preschool cloth backed, and I think its worth it. I love those for what they are. They can be a little better but I think its pretty great.

lamando

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I think they will be well worth it.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

africat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I like the plastic-backed preschools, however I had trouble with the tapes. They lost their adhesiveness too quickly, which was disappointing. I wore waist-size medium.

No idea if they're like Pampers diapers.

MagicMeow

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
as far as thickness or ability to hold, does anyone know how they compare to the Abu Cushies?

pampers4U

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I would assume its very different than cushier, I tried the cloth back preschool a couple months ago, they aren't as thick but the trade off it that they wick better, 4 tapes against the cushies / sdk 2 tapes, also the cut is different. I want to order the plastic back ones also, I like the idea of a thinner diaper for during the day, plus the designs appeal to me better

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Has anyone tried the new Abu Plastic Backed Preschools? I have tried the cloth.....Are they comparable to Pampers?? My dream diaper....I just want to know if they're worth buying

Wearing one now actually ;) These are my go-to diaper for wearing to work every day. At the start they were only available in clothlike, so I got a case of those. They size about identical to the newer sdk/cushies, but with four tapes instead of two. That's really the only difference besides the front art. I found that the sides stretched unacceptably during the day. (I think that was a problem for a lot of people) Other than that though they were really good all around. So when they offered plastic, I got some of those, an they are great. They're the best daytime diaper I've found. The padding may be a liiiitle bit thinner than the SDK, or I've just gotten more use to it.

From what little I can remember of Pampers from years ago, they're pretty similar. You may not like the four tapes though, a lot of people looking for the "most authentic look" want just the two tapes. For that, got some cushies or SDKs.

ABU will let you mix your order. Consider getting a mixed case. It costs more than a bunch of samples, but is a much better value. As long as the size fits you, I don't think they'll go to waste!

babyblueblanket

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I would agree with most everyone here. They are good for what they are. The absorbency is not near what the cushies are capable of. After a few hours you will find the natural stretch in the plastic makes the diaper kinda loose. The cut on the side panels is a bit wide which makes the diaper a little "flappy" when that happens. All in all not a bad day time wear if your changing every few hours. IMHO they could be a bit more "refined" in terms of fit and absorbency but they are a good all around mid-grade diaper.

littlemark

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I'm not sure if I was just unlucky, but I just tried my first plastic back pre-school and it leaked after one standing up wetting. I know it is a thinner diaper but I've never had that problem with the original version!

Kind of sad as I could of spend a few extra quid on the simple's etc.. which I have never had a problem with after multiple wettings!

Status
Not open for further replies.