Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmartin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I placed an order with ABU on February 10th and the tracking states the order will not be delivered till February 23rd. That is crazy slow. My most recent previous order took 2 days to arrive. Who wants to wait two weeks for your order?

What is your order number? I can likely offer some insight as to why. This wouldn't have anything to do with any new shipping. More than likely the issue was that the warehouse closest to you didn't have the inventory in stock, so we shipped it from the other warehouse.

-Thanks,
Casey Strom

stock = Zero
for us in canada when will there be anything to buy hehe

Why not email abu and ask them what the issue is?

I ordered a week or two ago and it arrived in 3 (1st and 2nd day and then arrives on 3rd) days same as the last two times I have ordered

Ooof, ordered a case of little pawz but it came from Baltimore rather then Washington before the changes went into effect. think it took like 7-8 days. But that was with UPS ground and I'm betting that's not the cheapest shipping option now.

I placed an order on the 14th, and fedex says it'll be here on the 21st. I took a look at my previous orders (I keep a pretty solid order history for my online shopping) and 6-10 calendar days is the norm for them. So I'm not seeing any change in delivery speed here.

The only thing that changed recently on shipping was that we added Fedex as a carrier, but on average, they are one day faster one ground shipments. We use the least expensive option for the destination of the parcel between Fedex, UPS and USPS.

klo555 said:
The only thing that changed recently on shipping was that we added Fedex as a carrier, but on average, they are one day faster one ground shipments. We use the least expensive option for the destination of the parcel between Fedex, UPS and USPS.

A number of online stores I shop offer several shipping options, some as many as four, for different prices. Are you just automatically selecting the lowest cost option? I assume then you are charging us the actual shipping cost for the selected option, so some customers will end up paying a little more or a little less total for the same product after shipping is calculated? (or does everyone pay the same estimated rate regardless of how they are shipped to?)

I know I personally would like to be able to pick my carrier if you're going to be flexible about it. I personally have had many bad experiences with USPS, but fedex/ups are about the same. Others here have described ongoing problems with either fedex or ups - it often comes down to the service you get from your endpoint. Some of us just have terrible delivery service from some carriers, and would gladly pay a little more to choose a different carrier.

I assume adding this feature to your website is a little inconvenient, but it'd be appreciated.

bambinod said:
A number of online stores I shop offer several shipping options, some as many as four, for different prices. Are you just automatically selecting the lowest cost option? I assume then you are charging us the actual shipping cost for the selected option, so some customers will end up paying a little more or a little less total for the same product after shipping is calculated? (or does everyone pay the same estimated rate regardless of how they are shipped to?)

I know I personally would like to be able to pick my carrier if you're going to be flexible about it. I personally have had many bad experiences with USPS, but fedex/ups are about the same. Others here have described ongoing problems with either fedex or ups - it often comes down to the service you get from your endpoint. Some of us just have terrible delivery service from some carriers, and would gladly pay a little more to choose a different carrier.

I assume adding this feature to your website is a little inconvenient, but it'd be appreciated.

I believe you may have just hit on something there!

The end point for delivery can be the most difficult for shipping companies. Where ups works for one area, they will be horrible for another area. And vise versa for fedex. Allowing the buyer to select either one could cut out a number of shipping problems for just about any supplier.

Order #US-112135

bambinod said:

Our system automatically chooses the least expensive shipping method. The fee we charge for shipping does not pay for the full amount of shipping, it only covers part of it (usually about 1/2). As far as picking your carrier, this is something that we will discuss internally - it may end up costing a bit more to choose ($3-4) in addition to the regular shipping fee, but we may be able to do this.

On my last order it offered different shipping options for different costs, but I simply went with the cheapest and it ended up being sent by FedEx and arrived in 3 days; but you do get a choice.

jaredmartin said:
Order #US-112135

The issue is indeed that our Seattle warehouse didn't have the stock to fill your order, so we sent it from our Baltimore warehouse.

The shipment was handed over to Fedex last Monday from our Baltimore warehouse, and it is out for delivery today. This is using Fedex Smartpost.

klo555 said:
Our system automatically chooses the least expensive shipping method. The fee we charge for shipping does not pay for the full amount of shipping, it only covers part of it (usually about 1/2). As far as picking your carrier, this is something that we will discuss internally - it may end up costing a bit more to choose ($3-4) in addition to the regular shipping fee, but we may be able to do this.

Could your system be set up to show the default, cheapest shipping method as you normally would, but then also allow for that small upcharge to select a different carrier (even if it's the same delivery time frame)? It would just be an optional selection for your customers, as a means to help with any carrier problems they may personally have.

Slomo said:
Could your system be set up to show the default, cheapest shipping method as you normally would, but then also allow for that small upcharge to select a different carrier (even if it's the same delivery time frame)? It would just be an optional selection for your customers, as a means to help with any carrier problems they may personally have.

Yes, very possible. We have some other dev in line before this, but I will discuss this with the team.

What is going on with diaper supply these days? Just supplier shortage or increased demand?
Seems every time I look at ABU or Tykables, they are out of stock on most or all products.

Strongly disagree, Ordered cushies on Monday, arrived Wednesday afternoon, I have always received confirmation emails and shipping info within 24 hours of ordering during a business day.

I'd say the problem lies with your delivery team.

FYI I received email:
- from abu after placing order
- from abu saying it had been shipped, with tracking number
- from fedex announcing I had a package coming tomorrow
- from fedex announcing I had a package coming today
- from fedex announcing my package had been delivered

Emails from abu were sent to my abu email alias. Emails from fedex were sent to my fedex alias.

The shipper WILL NOT give fedex your email address to send updates. So if you want more than "we got your order" and "we shipped it", you need to create an account with fedex. UPS does the same, if they have an email address on file for your street address you will get updates from them as well. Updates are not an option from the us postal service. (another good reason not to ship via USPS)

I assume you have received them? How do you like them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back