ABU New Announcements April 25th

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
ABU just announced that to celebrate their fourth anniversary they are announcing new diapers and what not! So what are your predictions/wants for the announcement?

I predict that they'll announce another product that they will struggle to ever have in stock. Yay.

• Haha
Reactions: aigteo, DiaperedBedwetter1998, dlguy4life and 4 others
Llayden said:
I predict that they'll announce another product that they will struggle to ever have in stock. Yay.
The truth of this hurts.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and DprEffect
I would like them to release thicker boosters, the new ones are very thin when starting out and only get thick when they get wet. I also would like more authentic replica baby diapers both plastic for the older generation and cloth for the newer generation. I won’t hold my breath though, I’m sure we will get more of the same ole medical style diapers with fancy prints on them like every other ab/dL diaper company has.

Twee said:
I would like them to release thicker boosters, the new ones are very thin when starting out and only get thick when they get wet. I also would like more authentic replica baby diapers both plastic for the older generation and cloth for the newer generation. I won’t hold my breath though, I’m sure we will get more of the same ole medical style diapers with fancy prints on them like every other ab/dL diaper company has.
At least most of the ABDL diapers with prints are still plastic-backed. I don’t know if there’s a cloth-backed preferred demographic that are big enough for ABDL companies to consider making cloth-backed ABDL diapers.

Velcro fasteners... always have taping issues with ABU products...

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, Deleted member 47370 and 12srepaid
Most likely: restock of popular long out of stock diapers like PeekABUs and Preschools.
Possibly: new diaper prints on same diaper as PeekABUs.
Hopefully: brand new diaper with velcro fasteners
Double Crossing Fingers (for me anyway): pull-up design that closely mimics Goodnites
Dream: all of the above

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Lewis Badger
There's been talk of an all-white SDK/Kiddo called Super Simple for a while.

Vic92 said:
There's been talk of an all-white SDK/Kiddo called Super Simple for a while.
ABU already sells Simple and Simple Ultra diapers.

bigtoddler96 said:
ABU already sells Simple and Simple Ultra diapers.

Neither of which are single-tape, which Super Simple would be.

Vic92 said:
A 3rd all-white ABU diaper line? That would be too much for ABU to support all 3 white diaper lines, unless they decided to discontinue one of the double-tape all-white diapers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12srepaid
bigtoddler96 said:
At least most of the ABDL diapers with prints are still plastic-backed. I don’t know if there’s a cloth-backed preferred demographic that are big enough for ABDL companies to consider making cloth-backed ABDL diapers.
Well I scream about wanting more cloth-backed options and the preschool cloth backed always sell out. I got a lot of friends looking for more cloth backed options. Over all idk, I know a lot of people want it but it’s not as big as the plastic backed users right now.

Reactions: PGAFAN2008
I'd like to seem them release a diaper that DOESN'T have that no good "no lower tapes" design. You know, something that actually works for more than 6-8 hours before leaking.

bigtoddler96 said:
A 3rd all-white ABU diaper line? That would be too much for ABU to support all 3 white diaper lines, unless they decided to discontinue one of the double-tape all-white diapers.

Not really, if anything they might need to expand their Warehouses for holding Larger Stock (though it would never have to be for long because they sell out really quickly almost constantly) at one time; but they would make the right choices and keep going stronger than ever.

I think they may do more with the Ultra Platform, do more 2 Tape diapers (instead of the 4 tape designs) and maybe do more Cloth Backed options

If they said they where also going to address the out of stock issue I would be so happy about that. I have a feeling it has a lot more to do with the manufacture then their ability to hold stock. It’s funny how everyone talks about the binge purge cycle, where Abu seems to have it built into the company business plan. Have no stock, restock quickly, sell out quickly, repeat.

• Haha
Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, dlguy4life, babybobby and 2 others
BabyLink9 said:
If they said they where also going to address the out of stock issue I would be so happy about that. I have a feeling it has a lot more to do with the manufacture then their ability to hold stock. It’s funny how everyone talks about the binge purge cycle, where Abu seems to have it built into the company business plan. Have no stock, restock quickly, sell out quickly, repeat.

Well I'm not saying they will expand warehouse explicitly for their out of stock problem; but that I expect there to be more models/variations of models released, and with that will need a proportiant increase in the size of their warehouses so they never run into the problem of not having enough space; but you also dont want to expand too quickly as that will result in extra expenses for no reason.

They have a certain line to walk and part of the problem is something they wont be able to remedy without an expense in the millions of dollars

And that problem is that there is around 2 or more months of time from one shipment being sent out and it received by ABUniverse in The United States

Vic92 said:

Rearz made a run of Inspire Select that were all-white, thinner, single tape. They're about out of them though. I think those are the only single tape all-white diaper anyone's ever made. And it does surprise me a little that ABU hasn't made an all-white cushies/SDK yet. But then again they already have a metric crapton of different diaper models, I'm sure several of their staff are already complaining about how the model count has gotten out of hand. Every additional model adds overhead costs.

Whatever they announce, let it be something truly new, not just yet another printed, plastic, four-tape diaper. YAAAWWWNNN.

To the seeming redundancy/excess of ABU's current offerings, though: They seem to be in a mode of sweeping up the carcasses of their fallen competitors and liquidating the leftover inventory. The Kiddo and Bumooza diapers are surely not long for this world. I wouldn't expect ABU to restock these when they're gone. Stylistically, they're the freak misfits of ABU's offerings. Perhaps ABU will announce some ABU-ized successor to the Kiddo, as it fills a niche. The Bumooza diapers seem pretty unremarkable, though.

Cottontail said:
Whatever they announce, let it be something truly new, not just yet another printed, plastic, four-tape diaper. YAAAWWWNNN.

To the seeming redundancy/excess of ABU's current offerings, though: They seem to be in a mode of sweeping up the carcasses of their fallen competitors and liquidating the leftover inventory. The Kiddo and Bumooza diapers are surely not long for this world. I wouldn't expect ABU to restock these when they're gone. Stylistically, they're the freak misfits of ABU's offerings. Perhaps ABU will announce some ABU-ized successor to the Kiddo, as it fills a niche. The Bumooza diapers seem pretty unremarkable, though.

What is wrong with the Kiddos? They seem to be pretty popular and sell out quite a bit and I know some people love them (I know I do); as for Bumooza, idk that isn't one of theirs.

Cottontail said:

I'm the case of Kiddos, ABU is making them. They may choose to stop in the future but they aren't just running out someone else's stock. They seem to be fairly popular, so I hope they will stick around.

Reactions: Sheepies
Back