ABU Little Pawz Changes??

dlguy4life

“He who knows best knows how little he knows.”
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just received my order of ABU diapers which included the medium Little Pawz. When I pulled them out of the box I noticed immediately that there is something different about them. Has anyone else noticed this? It seems to me like the Little Pawz diapers are now a little smaller, I happen to just so still have some older (from only a few months back) packaging of ABU Little Pawz and I even notice a difference in the front package sticker, size, and color has changed a little bit. Man!!!, if the fit has changed and if they are no longer what the ABDL community has come to enjoy out of the Little Pawz diaper then this would be a HUGE disappointment, I guess I'll find out later tonight.

Untitled.jpg

image_50441729.JPG

image_50428673.JPG

Reactions: Cottontail

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Interesting. It seems ABU's been making a lot of "tweaks" lately, and not necessarily for the best. I haven't experienced any issues firsthand, but then I haven't restocked recently either. This topic about Little Kings and AlphaGatorZ has me worried, as I'm planning on getting more of those soon. Crossing my bunny-fingers.

dlguy4life

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Cottontail said:
Interesting. It seems ABU's been making a lot of "tweaks" lately, and not necessarily for the best. I haven't experienced any issues firsthand, but then I haven't restocked recently either. This topic about Little Kings and AlphaGatorZ has me worried, as I'm planning on getting more of those soon. Crossing my bunny-fingers.

Yeah, ABU has always been my only DL diapers I get but if there changing for the worse then I might have to switch diaper brands. In this recent diaper order that I got today, I actually got the Little Kings and AlphaGatorZ included also so I’ll have to check them out for changes as well as I think I have some old packaging of those to compare to.

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
dlguy4life said:
Yeah, ABU has always been my only DL diapers I get but if there changing for the worse then I might have to switch diaper brands. In this recent diaper order that I got today, I actually got the Little Kings and AlphaGatorZ included also so I’ll have to check them out for changes as well as I think I have some old packaging of those to compare to.
Please report back with your findings!

I mostly wear cloth diapers, but I've gotten my "backup sposies" from ABU for some time. I live not far from the Everett warehouse and enjoy visiting. It's reasonable to expect some teething difficulties with any production change, but it's a little frustrating to see changes being made so soon after a product's initial release (in the case of Little Kings and AlphaGatorZ), especially when the first batches of those were so highly regarded.

dlguy4life

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Cottontail said:
Please report back with your findings!

I mostly wear cloth diapers, but I've gotten my "backup sposies" from ABU for some time. I live not far from the Everett warehouse and enjoy visiting. It's reasonable to expect some teething difficulties with any production change, but it's a little frustrating to see changes being made so soon after a product's initial release (in the case of Little Kings and AlphaGatorZ), especially when the first batches of those were so highly regarded.
Agreed! And I certainly will report back.

Reactions: Cottontail

Honeywell6180

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
One reason to consider Bambino: They haven't made any changes to their Bellissimo diapers in a decade at least. Their prices are low, and shipping is free. And the absorbency is comparable to Dry 24/7. No need to fix something that isn't broke, they just plain work!

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Honeywell6180 said:
One reason to consider Bambino: They haven't made any changes to their Bellissimo diapers in a decade at least. Their prices are low, and shipping is free. And the absorbency is comparable to Dry 24/7. No need to fix something that isn't broke, they just plain work!
Prices are low? Not on a fixed income!

Honeywell6180

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
loadedpamperman said:
Prices are low? Not on a fixed income!

Consider that ABUniverse charges $108.00 for a case of 40 Little Paws, plus they charge for shipping which adds to the cost, which means you would actually be paying $150.00 approximately. I purchased a case of 48 Bellissimo diapers for $85.00 on sale and shipping is free of charge, about half the cost of the ABUniverse products and a considerable savings over the $115.00 price of North Shore's Mega Max case of 40. I am definitely not wealthy, so I have to watch my budget like anybody else.

ABUMichaelUK

Rep for ABUniverse
Company Rep
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The changes to products should not affect the fit- they are cut using the same dies as before. We improved absorbency and acquisition by including SAP paper as part of the SAP ratio which reduces initial thickness but then swells right up. Tapes have been changed to ones with better adhesive, the package sticker is just a printing variation, no significant changes made to that design.

dlguy4life

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
ABUMichaelUK said:
The changes to products should not affect the fit- they are cut using the same dies as before. We improved absorbency and acquisition by including SAP paper as part of the SAP ratio which reduces initial thickness but then swells right up. Tapes have been changed to ones with better adhesive, the package sticker is just a printing variation, no significant changes made to that design.
Thanks for the reply! And yes, when I taped up last night I did notice that the tapes were improved, I was able to reposition the tapes with no problem. They seemed a little smaller but I did notice that when I wet it seemed to do a better job at absorbing in the front area and didn’t leak to the side and back which I seemed to notice happening from past Little Pawz wearing experience, so that was nice to see.

Honeywell6180

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
ABUMichaelUK said:

How much thinner are you planning to make your next versions? Hopefully, not to the point where they are like plastic bags with a little tissue like other companies have done!

ABUMichaelUK

Rep for ABUniverse
Company Rep
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Honeywell6180 said:
How much thinner are you planning to make your next versions? Hopefully, not to the point where they are like plastic bags with a little tissue like other companies have done!
That's never going to happen, we have to balance the urge of some people to have a diaper that starts off obscenely thick and those who want something they can actually move effectively in. Performance is a higher priority-better useable capacity and faster acquistion/minimal rewet were the aim with moving to SAP paper, we could bulk it out with more fluff to make it thicker to begin with but it will deliver no performance improvement and can prevent the SAP from working right.