Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
How come I remove visitor msg's on my wall and it leaves the disclaimer,

"This message has been deleted by Snivy"

but yet I can remove my posts off other people's walls and it does not leave it that. It's kinda like removing your post on a thread and it's just gone till a mod decides to re-post it to find out stuff. If you can bring back dead posts, why does this need this disclaimer? I don't think removing your content has to be announced if it can be brought back by mods. Is it possible for this to be removed?

HoganBunny

Legendary Bun
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little

but yet I can remove my posts off other people's walls and it does not leave it that.

My recollection of how deleted VMs work for non-mods is a bit fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure only you can see that comment. I can't recall if you can view the content of deleted VMs - I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure. If you can, there will be an Edit button on the VM.

When you remove VMs off other people's walls, it does leave that comment. That person will, I think, be able to view the comment regarding who deleted it, along with the reason.

It's kinda like removing your post on a thread and it's just gone till a mod decides to re-post it to find out stuff. If you can bring back dead posts, why does this need this disclaimer? I don't think removing your content has to be announced if it can be brought back by mods. Is it possible for this to be removed?

Ideally, only mods would see that info. I don't know if it is a bug/oversight that you can see it or whether there's some technical reason that it can't be hidden from regular users.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
When you remove VMs off other people's walls, it does leave that comment. That person will, I think, be able to view the comment regarding who deleted it, along with the reason.

I guess they can see it because I have removed my comments off people's walls and it never showed them the msg, just my wall if I remove other people's msg's or mine off my wall.

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I do know that removed blog posts work in the same way that you are describing. I figured it was so the poster could recover them later if need be.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private

but yet I can remove my posts off other people's walls and it does not leave it that. It's kinda like removing your post on a thread and it's just gone till a mod decides to re-post it to find out stuff. If you can bring back dead posts, why does this need this disclaimer? I don't think removing your content has to be announced if it can be brought back by mods. Is it possible for this to be removed?

No, this notice cannot be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.