About Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooAnxious

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi to everyone :) About me:

I have been to A&E about 10 times this year already due to Anxiety.

I have Anxiety that makes me feel like I am going to pass out on the floor and die, I feel short of breath, have a racing heart, my whole
body feels extremely weak and I honestly fee like I am going to die.

During my visits to A&E all tests such as ECG, bloods etc have returned normal and I get diagnosis as anxiety each time.

My blood pressure goes sky high, way too high due to my anxiety.

I currently take propanalol for my anxiety to stop my heart from rushing.

I like to wear a Nappy for some comfort in my life, I love my Nappy, my Nappy helps me to feel happy and comforted. I have used pacifiers and cuddled a teddy in the past and they have made me feel more comforted but I no longer have them.

It is just a nappy I have, I put one on each night before I get Into bed but still I am petrified people can hear my Nappy, I also do not sleep in my Nappy as I am petrified of having a seizure as I have had one in the past.

I am currently drinking 4 cans of beer every single day and I want to stop, the problem I have is the doctors will not tell me if I will have a seizure if I stop drinking but I have got to stop as I am positive that it is the alcohol which is causing me the severe anxiety.

The seizure I had in the past was not due to alcohol as I was not drinking any alcohol at that time.

I am just so scared that apparently withdrawing from alcohol can cause a seizure but surely if I cut down slowly I will be ok?

So I like to wear Nappies, I like to cuddle a teddy and I like a pacifier but I do not know what I identify as?

But that is just about me

Hi, TooAnxious! I have anxiety issues as well. The were really bad for a while, where I was having debilitating panic attacks up to thrice daily. And they put me on benzos, which led to me having seizures. I've since found a good med blend for bipolar disorder that generally leaves me pretty good. I have a panic attack every now and then, but they're not as bad and I sometimes take a small dose of Xanax now with no trouble. I don't want to say things will get better, but they certainly can.

Be careful with benzo and booze detox! I've had my issues with the former and let me tell you it was the worst month of my entire life.
I ended up learning some breathing exercises and use CBD oil as well as some green every now and then. Chemical dependency ain't no joke!

Here, here. Breathing exercises are crucial!

A&E? The cable tv network?

I have suffered anxiety all my life, I too suffered panic attaches that left me debilitated years ago. I worry about things and it bring on anxiety. I feel like I am sufficating sometimes.
I was given horrible meds to help me, but I decided one day I didn't want to feel sleepy and teid with the meds. So I spoke to my doctor how advised lets try a softer approach I when on to natural meds and learn breathing exercises and how to relax and take time out, sort of like meditating.
I still have ups and downs bad and good day, but the softer approach is working. It's not easy but better then feeling drugged out.
Talk to your doctor never stop meds without doctor approval but your doctor maybe able to send you to someone to help with breathing excerises with any other treatment you are having.

I feel for you, It's not easy.

TooAnxious said:
I am currently drinking 4 cans of beer every single day and I want to stop, the problem I have is the doctors will not tell me if I will have a seizure if I stop drinking but I have got to stop as I am positive that it is the alcohol which is causing me the severe anxiety.

The seizure I had in the past was not due to alcohol as I was not drinking any alcohol at that time.

I am just so scared that apparently withdrawing from alcohol can cause a seizure but surely if I cut down slowly I will be ok?

I am not a doctor, but I am a recovering alcoholic… so take this FWIW.

Seizure risk usually starts at a substantially higher level of intake than that, but each person is different. Most people could stop abruptly from 4 (standard) drinks per day without serious consequences (wiki suggests more like 7 to 8 per day). To be absolutely safe, cut down to 3 per day for a few days, then to 2, then 1, and finally 0. Try to spread them out and drink them very slowly. As a general rule, at each decrease, any withdrawal symptoms you experience will be at their worst within the first 48 hours… so by the fourth day, you should be ready to step down another notch. Also, each step will be easier than the last, in my experience. Probably anxiety will be your biggest concern.

My alcoholism is almost entirely driven by anxiety; I'm currently thwarting my panic disorder with a benzo. I try to use it sparingly. Diapers help me feel more calm / safe, and I also use breathing exercises when I feel an attack coming on. I also sometimes just look for friends to spend time around…

Slomo said:
A&E? The cable tv network?
A&E is Accident & Emergency; basically the ER in England.

Sapphyre said:

Seizure risk usually starts at a substantially higher level of intake than that, but each person is different. Most people could stop abruptly from 4 (standard) drinks per day without serious consequences (wiki suggests more like 7 to 8 per day). To be absolutely safe, cut down to 3 per day for a few days, then to 2, then 1, and finally 0. Try to spread them out and drink them very slowly. As a general rule, at each decrease, any withdrawal symptoms you experience will be at their worst within the first 48 hours… so by the fourth day, you should be ready to step down another notch. Also, each step will be easier than the last, in my experience. Probably anxiety will be your biggest concern.

My alcoholism is almost entirely driven by anxiety; I'm currently thwarting my panic disorder with a benzo. I try to use it sparingly. Diapers help me feel more calm / safe, and I also use breathing exercises when I feel an attack coming on. I also sometimes just look for friends to spend time around…

That has seriously made me feel better and more confident, Thank You. It is exactly how I thought, that for seizures to occur I would have to be on extreme amounts, but I will cut down slowly.

Nappies definitely help me, I put one on and instantly feel calmer, I can’t wait to get my Nappy on tonight now ah bedtime please hurry up :(

TooAnxious said:
That has seriously made me feel better and more confident, Thank You. It is exactly how I thought, that for seizures to occur I would have to be on extreme amounts, but I will cut down slowly.

Nappies definitely help me, I put one on and instantly feel calmer, I can’t wait to get my Nappy on tonight now ah bedtime please hurry up :(

Good luck, and glad I could help! ^.^

A little further advice, beyond simply decreasing by 1 drink every 3 days… promise yourself at the outset that you will not drink regularly again. There's a reason for my warning: alcohol withdrawal alters the brain in such a way that it becomes increasingly susceptible to withdrawal symptoms the next time. Each time that you find yourself physically addicted and experiencing withdrawal symptoms, they will be worse than the last time and it will be harder to quit, even if your intake had been exactly the same. It's often termed the "kindling effect," and it is quite real. If you're not aware of this, and think you can just taper yourself off again if you get addicted again, the trap slowly closes… alcohol is quite sneaky that way.

A suggestion... Find an outlet for yourself. A distraction. I have dealt with a drinking problem myself. It helped me greatly to find a hobby. I started by drawing, reading, the basics... I got lucky and neighbor gave me a bass guitar. It was a godsend. It gave me a hobby. It occupied my mind and my hands. I had no musical skill or knowledge, and to honest, I am still not good. I found that doing something creative stimulated me in a different way and helped with my anxiety as well.

Just a thought. It isn't a cure or a fix, but little things grow into bigger things. Stay positive!

I truly hope the best for you.

That is some bad surprising facts Sapphyre regarding that the withdrawal gets worse every time, I promise that once I am off this Alcohol there will be no going back, I cannot cope with the anxiety, definitely not.

justanotherDL Thank You too, I do have hobbies but I am basically a nervous wreck and do not do any of them at this moment of time, I will once I am off this disgusting Alcohol tho.

Honestly Thank You

I am now snuggled up in my Nappy and could not be happier except for the fact I am so anxious, but a nice Nappy on and I am relaxing :) Love my Nappy :)

Sapphyre said:

Hi sorry to bother you again Sapphyre it is just I really would like to ask you about whether your anxiety was extreme whilst you used to drink?

What I can’t work out is a friend of mine drinks a hell of a lot more than me and never gets anxiety, I drink 4 cans of beer a day and have extreme anxiety.

I remember cutting down to 2 cans last summer and still I had severe anxiety, I’m worried I am never going to be free of it. Can you remember exactly if your anxiety was extreme when you used to drink? Did you still have extreme anxiety even when you drank a small amount?

Sorry to ask but it would help so much, I can’t work out how my friend who drinks a lot more never gets anxiety.

TooAnxious said:
Did you still have extreme anxiety even when you drank a small amount?
Some people are wired different too, also hydration has a lot to do with keeping your body "in check" if your perpetually dehydrated your bodies sodium levels rise putting stress on some internal organs such as kidneys, heart and brain.
Sometimes your body gets use to being dehydrated so you think your fine, but due to higher sodium levels you suddenly feel that rapid heart beat or skip beat feeling out of no where, which can create a false shock feeling triggering the flight or fight function in the brain, since nothing is happening outside of your body you get a bottled up feeling with no where to go and that is a symptom of the anxiety feeling.
So in essence, try drinking 80oz of water per day and eat foods with natural sugers and water (fruits & veggies) reduce alcohol intake because that robs your body from hydration and vitamins, a good doctor once told me "just when you think you had enough water, have another glass"
FYI dehydration masks itself, to make sure your not dehydrated, you should be peeing clear every few hours when your awake.

Reactions: TooAnxious
pampers4U said:
Some people are wired different too, also hydration has a lot to do with keeping your body "in check" if your perpetually dehydrated your bodies sodium levels rise putting stress on some internal organs such as kidneys, heart and brain.
Sometimes your body gets use to being dehydrated so you think your fine, but due to higher sodium levels you suddenly feel that rapid heart beat or skip beat feeling out of no where, which can create a false shock feeling triggering the flight or fight function in the brain, since nothing is happening outside of your body you get a bottled up feeling with no where to go and that is a symptom of the anxiety feeling.
So in essence, try drinking 80oz of water per day and eat foods with natural sugers and water (fruits & veggies) reduce alcohol intake because that robs your body from hydration and vitamins, a good doctor once told me "just when you think you had enough water, have another glass"
FYI dehydration masks itself, to make sure your not dehydrated, you should be peeing clear every few hours when your awake.

I drink tons and tons of water throughout the day buddy, I make sure I do to avoid being dehydrated, I can do a litre an hour but I can confirm I am not diabetic, I just fear dehydration (sorry I say a litre an hour but once I start peeing loads I slow down my intake drastically and it is always clear, I drink nothing except water throughout the day.

I could do with a Nappy the amount of times I go lol but I do not live alone.

But yeah I am having an extreme tough time lately I am getting worried something is wrong with my body with how random the anxiety attacks are, it feels as if I am not worried but I still have random attacks.

Thank You for advice :)

TooAnxious said:
Hi sorry to bother you again Sapphyre it is just I really would like to ask you about whether your anxiety was extreme whilst you used to drink?

What I can’t work out is a friend of mine drinks a hell of a lot more than me and never gets anxiety, I drink 4 cans of beer a day and have extreme anxiety.

I remember cutting down to 2 cans last summer and still I had severe anxiety, I’m worried I am never going to be free of it. Can you remember exactly if your anxiety was extreme when you used to drink? Did you still have extreme anxiety even when you drank a small amount?

Sorry to ask but it would help so much, I can’t work out how my friend who drinks a lot more never gets anxiety.

Hi there TooAnxious,

I'm hardly bothered. ^.^ I drank primarily to control my anxiety, which was there already. But the relief was quite temporary and I found myself needing ever-increasing quantities to stay calm. I've been diagnosed with Panic Disorder, and currently control my anxiety with prescription medications. So, I still need to chemically curtail it, I just use a less harmful (and more effective) chemical than alcohol now. Alcohol use was never the original source of my high anxiety, although withdrawal certainly exacerbated it. Your situation might be similar…

Landed in the emergency room again today, for approximately the 10th time this year. All my bloods are 100% clear, but I have now been put on blood pressure drugs as it/ has been/ was extremely too high.

Blood pressure drugs at age 27, Anxiety is a bad disease.

Soon off to bed to snuggle in my comfy Nappy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back