About Adisc's Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yumi

Why do we always use such... Well... Kind of ugly pictures for our logos? :S

I know that's a tad harsh... But they're all so poorly made. o.o; >.< Sorry, if it hurts anyone's feelings. :S

Why don't we have like... I don't know, more people trying out for the logo? I mean... It's worth a shot, right?

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I wouldn't say no to another logo contest. There was one when ADISC first opened, but not since then. But I think we should wait until all the themes are definite. Afaik we aren't keeping all of the themes up now... but when we find out which ones are staying, then we can have a logo contest. :)

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I don't think many people know how to make one. Plus a lot of programs to make a good picture cost money, which isn't worth doing just to make a logo thing

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I don't think many people know how to make one. Plus a lot of programs to make a good picture cost money, which isn't worth doing just to make a logo thing

But there are several people here who *do* have the means to create the logos.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
But there are several people here who *do* have the means to create the logos.

Obviously...But how many actually have done them? One: Corri. Which just proves Yumi's point that not many people try, and my reason is a perfectly valid one

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Obviously...But how many actually have done them? One: Corri. Which just proves Yumi's point that not many people try, and my reason is a perfectly valid one

Actually, the previous dark theme logo was done by Yumi.

I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. Just because people haven't tried yet doesn't mean there is no interest.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Actually, the previous dark theme logo was done by Yumi.

I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. Just because people haven't tried yet doesn't mean there is no interest.

All right then: two. I wouldn't mind trying either, I have no idea what to use though...I never said there isn't any interest though, I said not many people would know how (like me)

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I could give it a go once I finish shouting at photoshop and start using it.

Anyways programs are readily available off sites such as mininova.com

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I could give it a go once I finish shouting at photoshop and start using it.

Anyways programs are readily available off sites such as *removed*

Which is illegal. I suggest you take the link out of your post.

You can always use GIMP, which is like Paint Shop Pro, but freeware.

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
GIMP is just as powerful as photoshop and shares 95% of the same features. If you're willing to take the time to learn it, it's a free program, and you can become very comfortable with it as you would any other software.

On topic though, I'd totally try my hand at a logo or two if we're going to open that up.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I assume the new logo would be non-diaperish. Remember we have young members who don't want to get caught by a parent looking over the shoulder at the screen. There are also college students who don't want room mates who just walked in knowing where they are.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Which is illegal. I suggest you take the link out of your post.

You can always use GIMP, which is like Paint Shop Pro, but freeware.
Yes of course it is illegal, but I am sure there are many members who download plenty of films illegally. Anyway why pay £1000 for a program when you can get it for nothing?

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I assume the new logo would be non-diaperish. Remember we have young members who don't want to get caught by a parent looking over the shoulder at the screen. There are also college students who don't want room mates who just walked in knowing where they are.
Totally agree - but it would be good to have a subtle TB/AB/DL theme.

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Yes of course it is illegal, but I am sure there are many members who download plenty of films illegally. Anyway why pay £1000 for a program when you can get it for nothing?

Promoting illegal activity on this site is against the rules, however. Here is a quote about it from The Rules thread:

Moo said:
Do not promote illegal activities, like drugs, downloading copyrighted material, etc.

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Well, as part of our new found rebellion against our usual logo's, I've taken the liberty of making a potential summer one for us all. It would obviously need resizing and a little bit of tweaking, but I think its got potential... Anyone with me?

Please note: This is a joke!!! Please don't abuse me for my poor poor skills with MS Paint.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
What exactly is wrong with the Logos Yumi?

PrinceMatthew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Whatever you do with the theme just don't change the discreet look please. I'd rather it not to look much more than just a regular forum to someone looking over your shoulder for a quick second.

however making a new logo sound's kind of cool.:thumbsup:

F

FullMetal

I rather like the logo, I am not sure why we would change it.

FullMetal

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
You're right, that logo does cut off in a rather unappealing way.

I've changed it to something new... and I'm not opposed to holding another logo contest, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.