Ability to "Sage"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klokwork

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
For those of you that don't know, on the *chans, you can post in a thread and choose not to bump it by typing "sage" in the email field. I think it would be a useful feature here. I see a lot of posts that are a sentence long, and wonder "did the poster really want this thread bumped?" I also see a lot of threads that aren't so popular, and people (myself included) will keep the thread alive by posting about how retarded it is until a mod comes and closes it. I figure with a sage option, it would give the mods less to do, since unworthy threads will just die off naturally. It wouldn't be too complicated, just a little box to check in advanced mode or something. There's already so many stupid boxes to check (who unchecks "Show your signature"?), and this would seem pretty handy.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I think this sounds like a pretty good idea. Don't know how many people would remember to use it if they aren't used to it. I know I wouldn't, for a start.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Try and find it in www.vbulletin.org (Mods -> 3.7 Add-ons) that'll save moo time if he'd want to implement it + you can search for exactly what you want.

Edit: I tried to find one for 3.7 and even though I've seen stuff in the past for 3.6 they haven't been ported to 3.7 yet.

Last edited:
Role
Private
Well, I personally wouldn't use the feature because I use the "New Posts" filter about 99% of the time, unless I'm looking for a specific thread that I want to view again. Even if it is just a useless post, I'd still like to get updated on when the thread has been posted in.

I'd also love to see the feature where you can filter out which board's new posts appear in the "New Posts" filter list. I think Moo mentioned this was in the works, but I haven't heard much else about it. It would drastically cut down on threads you don't find interesting.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I dunno, on one hand it's nice to know when a thread has been updated, but I have to admit it's kind of annoying when you go to read the new posts on a thread and it's just like "Yeah, me too!" or "lol!". I'd kind of like it, though I have a feeling the people who should use it wouldn't.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
You can already do that if you customize the link used to get the new posts search.

www.adisc.org/forum/search.php?do=getnew

add &f=<forumnumber> for each forum you want to see in the results

You can see the forumnumbers here: (in courier new due to alignment)

2. Announcements & News
3. Greetings / Introductions
4. TeenBaby
22 Adult Baby
5. Diaper Talk
12 Incontinence
11 Babyfur/littlefur
8. Off-topic
16 Computers and Games
17 Thread Games
6. Stories in Progress
7. Finished Stories
15 Administrative Stuff
21 Wiki Article Discussion
20 Mature Topics
10 Requests
13 Moderator Forum
18 Regulars' Forum
19 VIPs' forum

Role
Diaper Lover
All I do is post sentance long posts most of the time, unless I have something really important to say, I dislike massive posts, however I still read them. :(

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm somewhere in the middle. I try not to give one word answers, but I attempt (however feebly) not to ramble. I still don't get where t type "sage", and I don't know that I agree with it, but it's intriguing.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
On #chan sites you have an e-mail field, that's where you'd type sage.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Sorry all to any who really don't like long posts. I like to explain what I think, and sometimes it is a long thought. I don't try (or expect to) impress (or offend) people; I like that I have a place I can put my thoughts - and get feedback, pos or neg. Arguing a point can take a lot of space. Explaining a technical idea can, also. And something like trying to estimate how many *b/dl's there are is a complicated job, what with all the variables involved. Ditto designing/modifying a rep system that does what it should in most cases.

this forum has all manner of people expressing all kinds of things, in all sorts of formats: one-liner jokes, essays, conversations, and so on. Some may like the idea of 2 ADISC sites, one where everyone is short-spoken, the other where ramblers and wordy droners hang. I like that we are all able to be in the same place.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I like the idea, for those times when you can't help yourself and have to respond "lol, me too!" on a thread that's been dead for 3 weeks..

That said, I think the people who ought to be using it, probably wouldn't. Though maybe it would be cool if you could set on your own side to not bump threads if a user from a list you put together posted (but without ignoring said users entirely, that is). That could be useful. Just a random thought.. I'm not having any problems with the current system :).

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
There are a few inherent problems to saging on a forum.

Unlike on a *chan, we do not sage to inflate post numbers. Also, short posts like "lol" or "yeah, I agree with that" have an extremely low likelihood of the author saging. Only intelligent people would care enough to sage their own post, and I think that would be a shame that they are not rewarded with responses.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
I wonder how many people even know that sage isn't pronounced like the herb :p

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
I wonder how many people even know that sage isn't pronounced like the herb :p
How do you pronounce it, Sawaa?

I check out at least the first complete page of threads. Bumping isn't an issue to me as I consider at least the first dozen as sharing the #1 spot. I think this would be a utility loved by a few and not used by the other 95%.

Role
Diaper Lover
I think since you say herb as erb, then you would say sage as age, which Sawaa says, is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.