Should We Be Able To Edit Polls??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have wanted to edit polls and I can't.
Is there a new feature in vBullitin 3.8 that will allow you to Edit Polls?????

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]It's been up to the admins whether or not to allow editing of polls since vb 2.
[/font]

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I have wanted to edit polls and I can't.
Is there a new feature in vBullitin 3.8 that will allow you to Edit Polls?????

I don't think you've ever been able to edit polls...I think only Peachy and Moo can, and maybe some other high up mods

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
No...

Just make a request thread if you need something changing.

Possible reasons why polls shouldn't be easily edited:
1) It's annoying to have late options, since you might vote for something only to find your preferred option added later.
2) Options might get changed so they don't properly reflect what people originally voted for.
3) Polls that were private might be made public! Which is BAD, because people might only vote on the basis that it's a private vote, and be annoyed to lose anonymity.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Basically what Charlie said. I wouldn't be against it if the poll is edited before and only before anyone votes. Once a vote has been cast, I think it should not be changed.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
With just about every poll I've posted there's always a selection or two that came to me as an afterthought, or someone will reply, "what about _ _ _ _?" Making me wish I could edit the options in. Best thing to do, and I'll try to take my own advice in the future, is take your time thinking out what the most popular poll options would be WELL BEFORE you start creating the thread. ALWAYS figure in an option of "other" to take in any thoughts not covered by your specific poll selections. Don't be in a big rush to get your thread idea and poll posted, there's no race going on. If you try thinking of everything after you've started creating it, you're bound to end up with a less than ideal poll and kicking yourself for not thinking of other options or wording them better. As I mentioned, I know because that's been the case with me and poll creation.

~Pramrider

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Should always be able to change the title of the thread, I made a miss-spelling in a thread a very long time ago and just discovered it a while ago. No terrible badness could come from editing the title.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Should always be able to change the title of the thread, I made a miss-spelling in a thread a very long time ago and just discovered it a while ago. No terrible badness could come from editing the title.

Correct me if this is a VIP only thing, but you can. Just double-click next to the title of the thread in its mother forum. I tried this on my 3 stickied threads (/brag) and it doesn't work there, though.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Correct me if this is a VIP only thing, but you can. Just double-click next to the title of the thread in its mother forum. I tried this on my 3 stickied threads (/brag) and it doesn't work there, though.

What he meant is edit the poll itself, not the thread title. Only senior mods and admins can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.