Ability to delete tags?

Should established members have the right to moderate thread tags?

• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I don't really get the whole tags idea, but I've seen it abused nonetheless. So I've been thinking: What if established members (been here for a month, posted around a bit, earned a few reputation points) had the ability to moderate/delete tags?

It's a very small power gain and I don't see any problems with doing this. Plus, it means less work for the moderators and admins.

What do you guys think?

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
But then we'd face abuse from those who just delete tags because they want to... either way it may be abused.

However - I have seen some stupid tags that have nothing to do with the thread, or one member who tags each thread they make with their name. WTF.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well VIP's can add tags...So why can't they remove them? Or maybe have a way to flag them...

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I've actually never noticed the tags feature until now :-O Could someone explain to me what the point of it is?

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I've gone through all threads first page for the forums and in total deleted 7 (of which 5 by one person I'm not going to name). Do we really need this? I'll have a better look at the tags from now on.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
*taps into WiFi in Big Bend National Park lodge*
I think VIPs should be able to delete tags that are inappropriate. I can't really see much abuse coming from that ability, and VIPs already have limited moderation abilities as is. And it would help keep things neat and tidy around here.

--Danny :ninja:

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I think all members should be able to delete the tags they have made, or maybe after so many days after creating them like you would in a post. But as for another member altering another person's tags. I am not too sure, I can't see too much abuse happening with VIPs doing it.

But before anything like this is implemented, is it really needed? Or would it be more feasible to scrap the tag business, As I have yet to use it really. If anything, I think the mods should undertake the business of looking after the tags. So when they look at posts, they can take a quick look at the tags and alter them accordingly. Which Marty has pointed out he has done before. I think we should continue like this, and let the mods to the moderating of tags.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
The tag system is still having some problems. When you click a tag, it gives a 404 error.
And.... I think you can already delete 2 tags. I think. Actually, I just had 2 different threads say two different things. One told me I could only delete tags, while the other said I could add two, but not delete any. :confused:

edit: I think the one thread was a thread where I had added the tags.

Last edited:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm not going to vote in this poll, because I don't like the definition that was use for "established member"...Like I said earlier, I think it should be VIP's...So yeah...

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I think established members should be able to delete tags. Some of the tags I see don't have anything at all to do with the thread they are attached to. If established members had the ability to delete tags, it would make less work for the mods.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Unfortunately, only mods can delete tags. It isn't possible to give non-mods this ability.
You can, however, PM forum mods to ask that tags be removed...

Status
Not open for further replies.