Ability to change your vote?

Should you be able to make changes to your vote? (Note: your vote can not be changed)

• Yes, members should be able to change their vote.

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • No, members' votes should be concreted in a six foot hole and never be discussed again.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Candy!

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
This is another thing I've been pondering for a little while. This is feature that's on a technology forum I'm nearly addicted to.

People who vote in a poll have the option to change their vote if they make a mistake or if they do more research into the matter and change their mind.

I think this would be a fantastic feature. It reduces work for the moderators who have requests from members to change their vote, and it's not a feature that can exactly be "abused".

Again, my opinion doesn't matter, everyone's opinion does. What do you think?

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well I WANTED to vote Candy, but I voted yes. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
*gives Mandi candy* (Hey, that rhymes! I'm a poet and I didn't know it. I'll make a rhyme every time!)

For the record, "Candy" means you don't care or you're indifferent to it. It's a bit of a tradition that's seen on polls on the tech forum I mentioned earlier...

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Hm. Should've made it multiple choice. But, can't change polls!

Role
Private
I voted Candy!

Not only because I want some right now, but because I don't really care about having this feature or not. Not many polls on here are significant or really matter anyway.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I am strongly against it! Although I accidentally voted 'yes', wish I could change that. >_<

Anyway... I don't like the idea, OR I'd prefer it you could edit but just for a small period of time (to fix mis-votes). I'm not sure why I'm even against this, it just seems wrong to me. Once you've voted you've voted! Make the commitment! I don't want people voting Ninja and then changing it to Pirate when the mood strikes!

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
Alternatively you could just think about the options in a poll and check you've clicked on the desired option before hitting 'Vote Now'.

Bit trivial to me, I'm indifferent overall. It wouldn't keep me awake at night.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Human nature means that people would vote. Then on seeing the results, they might change it to fit in with the majority. Especially if you can see who voted for what, so people would no they were in the minority. I have been on threads where what people has said has changed my opinion, and thus would have changed my vote. However, I think it is better to see peoples initial reactions. It is more statistically valid then if people can change there vote.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
You can view the results before you vote anyhow.

legokid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Oops can I change my vote to candy please? I WANT CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Role
Private
A lot of people seem to have the "1" key on their keyboard broken, because lately, more often than I like, I've been seeing mass exclamations after sentences. :detective3

Status
Not open for further replies.