Abena X-Plus -- Recent (Poor) Quality??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Little, Incontinent
Secures are only available from the manufacturer. Adult Diapers and Incontinence Care Information, from Secure Personal Care Products but I think you found that out already.
Thanks; yeah, I did manage to find that site. I was also happy to find that they offer free shipping on individual bags as well as cases (I mentioned this in another post too, but... just spreading the word to people who want free shipping w/o buying a whole case of diapers; I know I remember a few people saying that a whole case is too much to hide).

itsme

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other, Private
I just got my Abena X-Pluses in yesterday, and they seem to be fantastic quality.

Edit: Scratch that, the plastic on one of mine was ripped.

Last edited:

eddy200

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I just reently got a pack of x-plus's, the cloth backed kind, and I was extremly surprised by the quality of the tapes with these; They are just as adhesive as the plastic backed x-plus's (at least this batch). They'll rip themselves or the diaper before detaching ...

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
The X-Plusses I've ordered had consistent quality; they only leaked three times over a 12-month period, and the tapes were expectedly mediocre-strength.

To fix the tape problem, I suggest you figure out what position you plan to be in for the next few hours. If you're sitting at your computer, make sure that when you change yourself, you sit up a little bit (30° should do) and tape it normally there. That way when you scrunch up the diaper sitting up the tapes aren't too strained. I've never had a tape pop off since, and a friend who tried it confirms this.

Another friend I have blogged about a case of Abenas containing one package that leaked on him. He checked every diaper in that specific package and found identical horizontal slits in the front, which weren't found in the others. He emailed them about it, and they sent him a free package for his troubles. They make mistakes but they are very helpful! Remember that Abena needs repeat customers, and they want to make sure that you are secure and happy with their products. In the diaper market the customer is always right.

Status
Not open for further replies.