Abena UK Delivery Time

Lewis Badger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Hi folks,

I'm planning to buy some Abena diapers from their UK site but I'm a little apprehensive around their delivery times, it's not very specific on their website, their website says same day dispatch if you order before 1pm, does that mean it arrives next day or in two days?

Thanks for you help.

Lewis

I had a quick look at the site, and it seems that they only show the shipping information AFTER you've paid!

Their T&Cs infers that you can select a specific delivery date when you check out:
AbenaOnline.co.uk said:
We will deliver your goods anytime between 7am – 7pm on your chosen date at the address you have given when ordering your delivery.

Here's my random guess, based on experience with other UK shops:
Say you order before 1pm on a Monday, the parcel will arrive at the local depot that day. A 24-hour courier service should mean that it arrives Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning at the latest. A 48-hour service (quite common) would arrive a day later -- Weds/Thurs.

As the T&Cs say you can specify the delivery date, order a good few days in advance so you can plan when they arrive.

Reactions: Lewis Badger
DanielW said:
It could take 3-5 days depends on how its shipped and where you are in ralation to the warehouse they ship from.

5 days?! No way! 2-3 days is fairly standard. It might take 5 days if you're ordering from overseas (e.g. Save Express in Germany).

My guess is that they offer 2 day delivery as standard, with next day delivery for a premium.

i bought a box of abenas last month. i'd advise you to spend your money on something else unless you want to buy a box of crap for some reason

MissAmy said:
i bought a box of abenas last month. i'd advise you to spend your money on something else unless you want to buy a box of crap for some reason
I would totally disagree. What did you not like about them? Box of crap is a little vague.

RedPandaDL said:
I would totally disagree. What did you not like about them? Box of crap is a little vague.
they are cloth backed

MissAmy said:
they are cloth backed
In the US, they still sell both cloth and plastic. I personally like the cloth because they are quiet and cooler. It all depends on what features are important to someone.

RedPandaDL said:

I would 100% echo the original post.

Abena were good 15 years ago. Several rounds of cost cutting have left a truly terrible product that is not fit for purpose.

tiny said:
I had a quick look at the site, and it seems that they only show the shipping information AFTER you've paid!

Their T&Cs infers that you can select a specific delivery date when you check out:

Here's my random guess, based on experience with other UK shops:
Say you order before 1pm on a Monday, the parcel will arrive at the local depot that day. A 24-hour courier service should mean that it arrives Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning at the latest. A 48-hour service (quite common) would arrive a day later -- Weds/Thurs.

As the T&Cs say you can specify the delivery date, order a good few days in advance so you can plan when they arrive.
Thanks, this is really helpful!

MissAmy said:
I'm open to suggestions :)

Lewis Badger said:
I'm open to suggestions :)
iD slip super/maxi. even the cloth back version is really good and a much better alternative to the abena. also comes at a really good price

Reactions: Lewis Badger
Drylife slips are excellent and real value for money.

MissAmy said:
iD slip super/maxi. even the cloth back version is really good and a much better alternative to the abena. also comes at a really good price
I've seen some from them that looks interesting, what's the best way of purchasing them? Is there an online or physical shop you'd recommend?

Last edited:
Lewis Badger said:
I've seen some from them that looks interesting, what's the best way of purchasing them? Is there an online or physical shop you'd recommend?
i dunno dude. i bought them locally

Back