Abena M4s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerseyshore

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just ordered more. Can't wait for them to arrive and some business travel. going to sleep well

They are good. I am sure you will like them.

Reactions: Jerseyshore
I really msis the excellent Abena X-PLUS.

They've cut the M4 back so many times over the years, it's awful now :(

Reactions: SpankyUnicorn, Jonnythepony and PupSpaz
Awesome you guys like them!

Honestly I can't really get into these. My first premium diaper was L4 and they were awesome for my first plastic backed premium diaper but after trying different things, I wouldn't buy them again. Still like to keep at least one around for reference and collection purposes though.

My biggest complaint was the padding clumping up and shifting too much especially when wet.

I love the Abena M4's. They were one of the first premium diapers I bought. However, this was back when they had decent tapes and an elastic waistband. I recently purchased a new case of them and not only do they not have the elastic rear waistband, which they haven't had for like 6 years not, the tapes suck. The second chance tapes are misaligned on all of my diapers. Essentially the white tape hangs off the blue tape just enough to allow the white tape to also stick to the diaper. As such, on the right side of the diaper, I can never use the second chance tapes. Its very frustrating.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
I have given up M4 for Mega Max

Reactions: pottypal and chamberpot
I have had so many "Favorite Diapers" but fro sure right now the Mega Max's have moved to the top tier on the podium..lol NS sent me some samples when they first came out and I am on my 3rd case of them now.

Reactions: pottypal
blob said:
I really msis the excellent Abena X-PLUS.

They've cut the M4 back so many times over the years, it's awful now :(

That's a bit true and a bit harsh, whilst a shadow of their former X-Plus glory the M-4s are still the most comfortable diapers I buy and with a Luvs6 as a booster will hold a hard drinki'n night's pee.

Reactions: tiny and Jonnythepony
I am wearing go supreme now and they are great for day time

I really like the plastic on them. Remind my of 1990s diapers befor they all.went cloth like

Reactions: Jerseyshore
Agree 1000% on the MegaMax - the name is no joke. First I commend NorthShore for sending me both S and M samples as I am right on the borderline for both sizes. Wore the S to a happy hour then around the house. I usually wear until I am at the brink of a leak or get a small leak, no wet spots on the couch or bed despite having drinks and wetting freely. They stayed comfy the whole time and are going to be my go-to diaper for anytime I wear more than a couple hours as the comfort and absorbancy is amazing! I will be ordering a case tonight!

twinsfan said:
Agree 1000% on the MegaMax - the name is no joke. First I commend NorthShore for sending me both S and M samples as I am right on the borderline for both sizes. Wore the S to a happy hour then around the house. I usually wear until I am at the brink of a leak or get a small leak, no wet spots on the couch or bed despite having drinks and wetting freely. They stayed comfy the whole time and are going to be my go-to diaper for anytime I wear more than a couple hours as the comfort and absorbancy is amazing! I will be ordering a case tonight!
After seeing all the good reviews I just ordered a case. I cant wait because as of now the m4 is by far the best diaper I've tried (for the price)

If you have to spend 6-8 hours between changes then the hyper absorbent diapers are necessary. I wear for pleasure but a full diaper isn't comfortable. The M4 is perfect for me and is cheap.

Mickeymic said:
I am wearing go supreme now and they are great for day time
What are go supreme

M4s have always been my favorite. I think they were the first real (read: not Depends) adult diaper I bought. They are also my wife's (caregiver's) favorite as well. As an added bonus I get them cheap through Amazon Subscribe & Save!

Can you still order the old plastic backed Abena airplus or M4 where you guys live? They stopped selling them in Europe/ Germany. Well there are some shops selling them as import for a very high price, thought they just selling their stock.
Before they stopped selling them here I bought a few packs and still have some left. They are still my overall favorite even if they don't absorb as much as a better dry for example. However I will more and more switch to better dry as my supply is used up. There is a replica "M4" available that has (except of the name) nothing to do with the old Abena M4 and is totally shit. Abend a is only selling its new M4 closed backed which I don't want. So better dry it is for the future.

Reactions: tiny
Carnifex said:
What are go supreme
It's a pull up style protection from Northshore.

Toph86 said:
Can you still order the old plastic backed Abena airplus or M4 where you guys live? They stopped selling them in Europe/ Germany. Well there are some shops selling them as import for a very high price, thought they just selling their stock.
Before they stopped selling them here I bought a few packs and still have some left. They are still my overall favorite even if they don't absorb as much as a better dry for example. However I will more and more switch to better dry as my supply is used up. There is a replica "M4" available that has (except of the name) nothing to do with the old Abena M4 and is totally shit. Abend a is only selling its new M4 closed backed which I don't want. So better dry it is for the future.

Try the Formacare X-PLUS if you want something similar.

Sheepies said:
My biggest complaint was the padding clumping up and shifting too much especially when wet.

They definitely have clumping issues, but they also have short leak guards, popping tapes, and no rear waist elastic. (along with a very long unpadded end) But they wick great. Oh, the padding also gets VERY close to the "back corners" where leaks happen. I've pulled out quite a few of them that had random misplaced padding between the front and back, sometimes clear out to the edge, making them impossible to use safely. The performance point has never really been an issue for me, but the quality control is just too low. Errant padding and tape attachment issues are too common.

Reactions: blob and Sheepies
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back