Abena L4 Tape Issues

ParaRomeo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So I am thinking I got a bad case but figured would ask. So being dual IC I very rarely use the dual tapes besides to tape the diaper up and this pack and last one in this case almost seems like they are stuck together at the base. But yesterday had an issue on way home I stopped for a coffee and to change when ordering i asked for lactose free but it came out way to light and I asked but was assured it was was the alternative I do think they put both in and lied! Shortly after I got home my stomach made weird noises which usually gas but thinking about coffee made me think differently and that diaper was barely wet and though it could of been false alarm I know from the past when I have lactose those are huge changes so if it can be avoided of rare times I try, I undid tapes and was unable to get the tapes to restick. I have enough but do hate wasting diapers and like I mentioned it's only been these last 2 packs of a new case last case no issue. I did have to restock my stacker and bin and grabbed packs out of a different case when I changed this morning no issues. I just switched back to Abena L4's and wanted to see if anyone has had any weird issues and if I made a mistake which kind of stuck with. I won't lie the issues I had with Northshore have gone away and honestly though NS is a good company the Supreme's were so rough and stiff the Abena's are like a cloud and plastic is alot softer biggest thing is I am not having a reaction to them, my docs think I was allergic to something in the ns diapers and when I got checked recently had no issues and she actually commented on difference between them which was what I mentioned above and even though I am not walking the reaction could of been made worse with the rough materials. But she did mention that having reaction or allergy to a diaper brand isn't uncommon and has seen similar situations with kids.

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I've sent out questions about this to LLMedico but haven't heard anything negative...YET. I have been hearing of either a possible changing of the tapes we knew that worked OR a bad batch. Hopefully it is just a bad batch. If i do hear anything, I will let you know.

ParaRomeo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I emailed Abena USA and got a stagged response & was going to call them after the holidays it's harder to script stuff. Like don't get me wrong Abena Xplus is what I knew them as but now comfort line or pe back is an amazing diaper and something that was reliable it's like Confidry used to be a go to for me but I had worse tape and qc issues like misses tapes and other stuff and no one wanted to fix it so stopped buying them.

As I mentioned not crapping on NS by anymeans and it's honestly not the first time I have used a NS diaper switched to abena and back n forth, but for me after some time and though they might be slightly less absorbent Abena has better options for me like to the touch and visually they are soft and poofy(I get NS is packed tight and compressed) I used to hate though not mandatory but for best results you had to fluff NS and they were so stiff but its still a good diaper just currently not for me. Also not sure if you get their emails but they recently had one Mega-Max vs a National Brand Name they legit compared a MM to a Depend Fitted like No-s**t the MM will out perform they aren't on the same level I get its marketing bs they are also trying the Unique Wellness Business model of a MM could replace 5 diapers UW did the 3 per day but similar which I still personally think is a joke.

Reactions: loadedpamperman

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
few months ago the tapes started changing
the top white one has a fabric feel to it now. Still same sticky level but definitely a change
I am finding odd time blue tape is stuck the diaper when first putting on
or white and blue are not lined up so both stick when applying making re applying impossible.

At first I was getting mixed batches with the 2 styles of tapes but seems to be all of them now.

for me it's not a huge issue because diapers still stick well and I will just change to a new one if I need to make adjustments (not ideal for everyone I know)
Why they changed I don't know
My fear is one day they switch to cloth & Velcro instead of plastic outer layer.

Why diaper companies feel they need to do this is beyond me but that's a different conversation

Reactions: ParaRomeo

ParaRomeo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
SparkyDog said:
few months ago the tapes started changing
the top white one has a fabric feel to it now. Still same sticky level but definitely a change
I am finding odd time blue tape is stuck the diaper when first putting on
or white and blue are not lined up so both stick when applying making re applying impossible.

At first I was getting mixed batches with the 2 styles of tapes but seems to be all of them now.

for me it's not a huge issue because diapers still stick well and I will just change to a new one if I need to make adjustments (not ideal for everyone I know)
Why they changed I don't know
My fear is one day they switch to cloth & Velcro instead of plastic outer layer.

Why diaper companies feel they need to do this is beyond me but that's a different conversation
So I do know like 3yrs ago there was talk of getting rid of the plastic backed and was main reason I made switch to NS but there was enough demand they ended up keeping them. I do know they changed the name of them from Abena Abri-form X-Plus M/L-4 to Abena Comfort Briefs M/L-4.

I honestly will say I hope to high hell(tech wouldn't it be lowest hell ha) they don't get rid of them because I got a pack of cloth backed over summer and those tapes sucked they were like 3/4 adhesive 1/4 hook n loop and honestly had the hardest time getting them to stay stuck like it took way to long, though I do prefer plastic backed I have used many cloth backed and some of the cheapest had closest to 3M velcro like they held very secure. But will say I wrote an email where I got them and they sent me some others as replacements(which will say I thought Medline was junk but they have a extended diaper it's exact copy of Egosan)

Now that you mentioned it the tapes feel more like cloth think think they were plastic like before.

I am in a similar situation where honestly I am halfway through this months supply and when I change 98% of the time they are there till I need to change again though dual ic over the last decade I have rare moments where I have hints but usually false alarms but if I can make it I do because those changes absolutely suck but usually it happens in worse case like bumper to bumper traffic.

Though insurance does pay for my diapers I am still kind of in mindset of being frugal in a way but if I need to change I will, it's like last night I traveled out not town knowing between holiday traffic and weather it was going to suck so I wore a Rearz alpaca and booster even though it wasn't totally wet or needed to be changed but I changed at bed time because I knew it wouldn't last the night but mentally was like there goes X dollars but it was needed. Even though getting insurance to pay for premium diapers sucked when I wanted to switch I was like oh and the Abena are cheaper & their like oh thats not a factor I was tempted to be like oh then if money isn't an option I want.... But knew it was probably a trap they like to play messed up. Games.

As for why companies keep getting rid of the plastic backed diapers or ones the people I talk to(I have had discussion with various groups) use or find usable but honestly it's like one insurance I deal with I am convinced they want you to be miserable and angry at the world. It's like a couple years ago a states Medicaid program went from providing Tranquility ATN to Wings and not only the special needs parent that helped me get them originally but alot were pissed and I understand it, and it's like you legit had a bunch of happy parents why would you purposely make them mad like I'm not afraid of many things(after you been shot at other stuff is like really that's all you got)even though I don't have kids I know not to piss off momma bear and those parents and other eventually got ATN's back and it's like what did you accomplish & other part which to me is as important Tranquility is a family owned made in the USA, and even though they do offer cloth backed options from experience if you found a pack of ATN's from 2014 and you put them next to one made this yr their might be settle differences but for most part their the same(few months ago I bought booster pads at yard sale dated 12 besides packaging they were the same ones I use now and it's the reason I have used the same booster pads for 7+yrs) try that with any other company but think they are trying to follow evaluation of baby diapers when Honestly I wished adult lines wod make an advancement before babies b/c if compared babies use them for max 3yrs where avg adult once in them your in them, unless your fam buys you undies your in the box with nothing or hopefully someone changed you(thinking about it that would be the ultimate gfy if you died in a soiled one and no one changed you oh I definitely would be an angry ghost lmao)

I actually had a conversation earlier comparing Abena & NS as I mentioned I have no bad feelings towards them but the sales person highlighted most of the reasons why I went back to them and unless something happens most like ones I will continue to get for many years.