ABDLs with Roommates? How do you do it?

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Hey other people of the ABDL world, I’m really missing my ability to pad up when I’m feeling like it. I’ve taken a break for a bit when I moved in with my roommates to get a feel for what it’s like being with them. I think I’ve figured out the living situation now and I wanna incorporate diapers back into my life but not with anything big or loud, think I’m gonna try goodnites for a little bit and see how that goes. But I wanna know what other people’s experiences are like.

How do you guys hide your diapers? How do you get rid of dirty ones? I wanna know other people’s methods so I can kinda brainstorm what works for me.

When I had roommates in college, I mostly wore goodnites around the house when I was out of my room and I had no problem with it at all. I can't speak for every living situation because we all have different kinds of roommates; if we have them. Having said that, the way I managed was to wear goodnites or discreet diapers when in company of my housemates, and to wear less discreet diapers afterwards.

Having said that, something to consider is that the people you are around most get used to the "normal you", and any sort of change is a red flag of sorts. Do what makes you most comfortable in your decision and stick with it.

As for hiding . . . Let's be honest unless your roommates have a reason to go snooping in your closet or drawers you don't have much to worry about. As for disposal, two simple options is to either have a trashcan in your room (closet is what I did) or to have a discreet area (with a trash bag) to dispose of them and take them out, preferably, before trash day lol.

In my time with my roommates I was never discovered as ABDL or whatever because I respected their space and they respected mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Curiousmess and Sheepies
It was pretty easy when I had my own bedroom and bathroom. I kept everything in big plastic storage containers in my closet. Used diapers went into a black trash bag, which I also kept in a container until ready for the trash. I usually waited until nobody was home to haul my big black bag out to the trash :)

I was shy about bringing diapers into the house...again, I used to wait until nobody was home. Store-bought diapers back then, not delivered in a box, so definitely not discreet packaging! I used to wrap them in black trash bags.

Now that I think of it, black trash bags have been a major, major part of my life :p

There were times when I did not have my own bathroom or even my own bedroom. That made it harder, not having any private place to change or keep stuff. I didn’t wear diapers as often.

Anyway, if any of my roommates ever noticed I was wearing diapers, they never said. Looking back, I probably could have come out to them about diapers. But everyone’s situation is different.

Last time I had a room mate was in my old house. We had our own bathrooms and bedrooms, only thing common was the living room and kitchen/dining area. Short of that we were at opposite ends of the house.

At that time I was daily driving the dry24/7s (the old original ones!), I didn’t care. We spent many nights hanging out watching hockey and bullshitting over some drinks. He was a cool cat, if he noticed I’m sure he wouldn’t even say anything, and he didn’t, and I’m sure he noticed quite a few times lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Curiousmess
Sosimo said:
It was pretty easy when I had my own bedroom and bathroom. I kept everything in big plastic storage containers in my closet. Used diapers went into a black trash bag, which I also kept in a container until ready for the trash. I usually waited until nobody was home to haul my big black bag out to the trash :)

I was shy about bringing diapers into the house...again, I used to wait until nobody was home. Store-bought diapers back then, not delivered in a box, so definitely not discreet packaging! I used to wrap them in black trash bags.

Now that I think of it, black trash bags have been a major, major part of my life :p

There were times when I did not have my own bathroom or even my own bedroom. That made it harder, not having any private place to change or keep stuff. I didn’t wear diapers as often.

Anyway, if any of my roommates ever noticed I was wearing diapers, they never said. Looking back, I probably could have come out to them about diapers. But everyone’s situation is different.
Disposal is really my biggest worry, so far it seems my roommates respect my space when I’m not around. I respect there’s as well but I’ll always be a little paranoid. No matter what I think.

How to throw away a bunch of dirty diapers or wet pull ups would be confusing. I wouldn’t have full sized diapers because so find those to be a little tricky and I haven’t ever found a good cheap medical one that I liked so it’s really just gonna be pull ups.

Trash bags are a good idea but I don’t have a lot of room if any for large trash bags for them to fill up. Also gotta think about smell and how long I can go before it becomes a bigger issue.

I fit Drynites well, so I purchase them at a far away supermarket close to closing time through self checkout. I immediately dispose of the plastic packaging and store them inside a black supermarket "keep bag", nonrustly material, inside an old Tshirt in my pyjama drawer.
Disposal, I split the drynite at the side. Then I shake it from end to end until all the SAP clumps up. Then I pull the front open and shake the SAP clump into the toilet. Then I flush 2 times. Always works, I've never blocked a toilet doing this. A big ABDL diaper might do though.
Then I wrap up and tie up the shell using the sides, put it in a piece of lined refill I've scribbled on, put it inside a ziplock bag inside a black rubbish bag and you're good to go. I've also stored them inside ziplocks inside an airtight container - they last for several weeks like this with SAP removed.
For messy ones, this disposal method also works with a shower, just put the SAP down slow and make sure you rinse it all out of the tub. Very involveed disposal method but takes all the weight, a lot of the bulk and most of the smell out of disposal and gives you a longer period between disposals. You can even fit it in your hand and dispose in a public bin on the way to work... very subtle.

Reactions: Curiousmess
When I had a roommate, I would usually only wear Goodnites, as the plastic and bulk of the adult ones would surely get me caught. I would usually wear a goodnite to bed every night and usually one when I was just hanging out around the house. I never got caught, and luckily it never leaked. I would just wrap up the used goodnite tightly and put it into a plastic grocery bag, tie it off, and push it down into the bottom of the trash. Or if it was a new trash bag, I would wrap them tightly into a grocery bag, and store them in my closet until I could safely dispose of them. Usually only needing to store 4-5 at a time.

I have also had roommates who have had kids while we lived together, so I would just match whatever type of diaper their kid wore so it wouldn't be surprising to see rolled up diaper balls in the trash.

Now, with my kids, my diapers are bigger, but I still need to get rid of them. I just store them in my garage in a garbage bag until garbage day and then toss them in the bin as I drive out the driveway.

The real key to wearing around rooomates is to keep your diapers private, but hidden at all costs. Do keep it to yourself, and if/when they find out then so what.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Lie and tell him or her your incontinent.

Get an ABDL housemate. Problem solved ;)

For those that can't manage that simple feat, stake out your space and privacy. Consider good, discreet disposal options. Accept that it may not be practical to wear any time you like. I doubt I'd be wearing 24/7 if my housemate wasn't ABDL. It's just too much work at that point to be fun for me.

Everything locked. But lot of times nearly caught...

Last edited:
I’m a college student. Living in the dorms makes it difficult initially to wear, but eventually I noticed patterns when it’s *relatively* safe. Goodnites work great, provided you fit, and are virtually undetectable. I usually hide my stash inside my dresser.

I only wear to sleep, and so don’t go through them quickly, but I make sure to have a plastic grocery bag inside my shower bag for concealed disposal.

Just make sure you’re observant, and eventually you may identify a rhythm in your roommates routines.

I had a roommate for about 6 months a few years ago, I don't think he ever suspected anything, I usually stayed in my room or on the couch.

I told my only roommate that I was ABDL before she moved in. I didn't hide things. I wore cloth diapers, so she saw me wash them. I always wore something over them, but there was a diaper bulge if she looked. I did drink from my bottle just as I did before, so did not hide my little side.

In 1986, my dad got me a room at a commune house with 9 housemates. He told the head, Dusty, about my chronic bed wetting
and about the diapers. As I'm moving in meeting them.its my first place they have a welcoming house meeting about the house
NO drugs no judgments no, politics no fights and we don't care if you wear diapers.this is a house of artists students and friends
later I'm not sure who.I found boxes of adult diapers at my door.

I've lived with apartment roommates, in a homeless shelter, and even military barracks before that- all while diapered. By far the easiest way to deal with it is to be open and let them know.

Slomo said:
.... By far the easiest way to deal with it is to be open and let them know.
like Slomo mentioned:
I'm living together with two roommates since October. From beginning on, I decidednot to hide and placed all my supplies in an open drawer viewable. I have big Teddys, some plushies and using childish bed sheets openly. They're fine with it. Several neighbours and guests thus probably know too. I didn't had any trouble with my abdl here till now, Everyone is friendly with me and showing some kind of interest. Last week a neighbours child visiting us herem mentioned my diapers, by yelling: "I am wearing my diapers right now.", as he entered the room. I go blushed and showed him my tounge, but it was alright.

Don't fear to show who you are and what you like.

God bless you !

Both roomates I've had never found out to my knowledge. We each had our own bedroom and bathroom. Both respected my personal space.

Cause of that I keep my current open pack of diapers and abdl back stuff in my dresser. Wet and messy diapers in a storage bin which I use as a discreet diaper pale which I empty about every 5-6 days. Air wick plug in in my room to cover up any odors and a air wick small spaces air freshener in my closet.

disposal wise my current roommate it's a bit trickier. His work days are random besides the weekends. So as soon as I get home while I know he is still asleep or after he leaves for work in the weekends I grab a black trash bag and fill it up with my used diapers and take them out to my apartments trash can. Normally afterwards I'll spray some frebreeze or light a incense just in case there are any lingering odors.

When I had a roommate years ago, we often worked different shifts, so I had some luck with that; I had the place to myself at times. Needless to say, I went diapered at that time. Out of caution, I kept my diapers hidden underneath some clothing in a couple of bins. As for disposal, I changed out of them in my bedroom and tied them up in plastic grocery bags. I took the opportunity to empty the trash while my roommate was at work.

People who know me understand that I am an oddball, so while I may not have dealt with hostility from this roommate, I still wanted to avoid any potentially awkward situations when he was at home. I sometimes wore a diaper while he was in the apartment, but I was still rather cautious.

It’s much easier living on my own, but I will also be the first to admit that it is expensive not having someone else paying half of the rent and utilities.

Back