ABDL Support Group Idea

Baymax988

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Today I realised I personally would find it so helpful to attend an anonymous ABDL support group; like AA.

I don’t mean a group to try to stop being ABDL, nor a group to indulge in ABDL activities; but a group to just meet, discuss and support one another in what it’s like living with being ABDL. It would neither actively encourage nor discourage ABDL behaviour but just accept it for what it is and focus on support. Such as coming to terms with yourself, how to “come out” to loved ones (if you want to), budgeting ABDL (e.g. good but cheap diaper alternatives to brands if you’re struggling financially), etc. etc.

In this current climate it could even be run anonymously on Zoom; everyone with their cameras off and just using their Alias as a screen name.

I’m not proposing to set any such group up, but I’m curious to know if such a support group existed, would you attend?

Peesalot

I love wearing lingerie
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I kind of thought that's exactly what we get right here at ADISC. The only difference is there isn't a set meeting time. Remember, one person's 7 p.m. might be another person's 4 a.m. An in person meeting wouldn't always be conducive to participation.

BabyKillerChurchie

(Cuck Sissy babygirl) FromSouth- united kingdom :3
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Incontinent
  8. Other
  9. Private
02:14 In the Morning for united kingdom n yeah sure. :3

Shingo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I mean because of the format here is online forum u can't rrally expect people from 12 hr apart from u to be there at ur 7pm, since they just gone from their home for work

irnub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
In this current climate it could even be run anonymously on Zoom; everyone with their cameras off and just using their Alias as a screen
Or even better, use an asynchronous text based format for greater anonymity and compatibility with multiple time zones! You could even split the discussions off between multiple categories such as AB, DL, IC, etc. It would be a brilliant idea if only somebody could implement it!

RainbowConnection

"The lovers, the dreamers, and me."
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Or even better, use an asynchronous text based format for greater anonymity and compatibility with multiple time zones! You could even split the discussions off between multiple categories such as AB, DL, IC, etc. It would be a brilliant idea if only somebody could implement it!
Jokes aside, it was an honest and well-meaning idea. I understand where OP was coming from

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My 2 cents worth is this: not necessarily live time, but what about an on going blog feed for specific question and answer and just general discussion outside of the standard forums.

Baymax988

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yes I totally agree adisc is a great resource and community which I greatly value and I was in no way trying to suggest I had a “better” idea. More something that would compliment adisc and meet a different need. A need to actually voice talk with likeminded people but for those who are not ready to, or want to, meet face to face with others. A halfway house between online text chat and meeting in person.

I figured an online meeting where you can hear each other’s voices and actually verbally converse whilst remaining camera off and hiding real names with user names might be a solution. Some people may like that. Sure there’s a risk someone might recognise your voice, but I’d say that’s less risky than visually.

The time zone issue is a valid point. Wouldn’t it be weird if McDonalds used the same opening times for all their restaurants world wide from one time zone? Someone would be getting a breakfast menu at 11pm! But maybe that’s not a bad thing?

The support group would need to start regionally. Maybe say South UK for example with just a handful of people. Then maybe ABDL’s in the Midlands think “actually we’d like one too” and set up their own one and it might grow from there, nationally then internationally, for those who want it.

But hey, it’s all just ideas and fantasy thinking. I personally would like to be part of a group like that but maybe it just wouldn’t work in reality, or maybe I’d be the only one turning up. And that’s okay. If others think it’s a bad/impractical idea, I value that feedback. Thanks for the input (y)

RainbowConnection

"The lovers, the dreamers, and me."
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Yes I totally agree adisc is a great resource and community which I greatly value and I was in no way trying to suggest I had a “better” idea. More something that would compliment adisc and meet a different need. A need to actually voice talk with likeminded people but for those who are not ready to, or want to, meet face to face with others. A halfway house between online text chat and meeting in person.

I figured an online meeting where you can hear each other’s voices and actually verbally converse whilst remaining camera off and hiding real names with user names might be a solution. Some people may like that. Sure there’s a risk someone might recognise your voice, but I’d say that’s less risky than visually.

The time zone issue is a valid point. Wouldn’t it be weird if McDonalds used the same opening times for all their restaurants world wide from one time zone? Someone would be getting a breakfast menu at 11pm! But maybe that’s not a bad thing?

The support group would need to start regionally. Maybe say South UK for example with just a handful of people. Then maybe ABDL’s in the Midlands think “actually we’d like one too” and set up their own one and it might grow from there, nationally then internationally, for those who want it.

But hey, it’s all just ideas and fantasy thinking. I personally would like to be part of a group like that but maybe it just wouldn’t work in reality, or maybe I’d be the only one turning up. And that’s okay. If others think it’s a bad/impractical idea, I value that feedback. Thanks for the input (y)
I mean, all anyone needs to do is make a Zoom invite link and share it somewhere here, on AIDSC. Advertise it a few days ahead to let people set it in their calendars -- maybe even make two events for each end of the time spectrum. It probably wouldn't be that hard to set up; just a word-of-mouth kind of thing. I'm sure a few people would be bound to show up.

W3NTBOTHWAY5

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If anything like those two things (like-AA group and Zoom style chat) ever happen I will put on a diffrent accent!
My voice isn't your voice nor is it the internet's.
-
BW

Dutchone

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
we in the netherlands have 2 support groups for abdl. namely: cbb and club abdl ,, temporarily closed due to covid 19. info can be found via google (cbb netherlands / club abdl club luier)