abdilly

Salt and Light, Diapers and Wipes
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
  4. Other
At the outset I want to be very clear - I LOVE that there are ABDL diapers/diaper companies. What an amazing thing it is to have such a wealth of options of very cute diapers that fit adults! This didn't exist until I was a married adult...I would have died for these as a teen.

That said - after trying many products from all the popular companies (bambino, ABU (before and after the ownership change), Tykables, MyDiaper, Crinklz, etc) I've decided I like medical briefs better as they are generally softer and cut better for my taste. Most, if not all, ABDL diapers are made in China and are super compressed for shipping and you end up with a very rigid, tough diaper - fluffing certainly helps - but it's still not quite the same.

I also don't hate cloth backed/non-woven diapers. Some seep, but many do a pretty good job of keeping moisture at bay - and they are almost silent. I want to repeat - this is my opinion - I'm certainly not trying to force that on anyone or speak dogmatically.

TL;DR I think ABDL diapers are cute but not soft/comfy - what are your thoughts on this?

ABDL nappies is a novelty for me. I just can’t justify the cost for them to be a regular.

I too think it’s great. Someone has gone through lengths to get these wonderful nappies into the market.

Though, some aren’t quite up to these standards when comparing price, comfort and capacity.

I have found what I like and generally only order the same.

If I didn’t have as many hobbies as I do, then perhaps I would explore more. My budget on nappies is very limited!

Reactions: abdilly
I completely agree.

I much prefer the feel and fit (and variety) of the European manufactured medical adult nappies.

Frankly, they feel a lot more like the nappies I wore as a child and are therefore far more evocative than the Chinese AB/DL ones which have the look but not the feel.

I generally prefer a non ABDL diaper as well. I do buy the occasional printed diaper for days I feel like being little, but generally speaking, the majority of what I buy are plain white. I don't like Depend or Prevail for obvious reasons, so I do splurge and buy diapers from an ABDL friendly place, but rarely do I buy more than one pack of printed. Actually the last order had 8 packs in it and not one was a printed brand. Mostly northshore brand...

PCS said:
I much prefer the feel and fit (and variety) of the European manufactured medical adult nappies.

Frankly, they feel a lot more like the nappies I wore as a child and are therefore far more evocative than the Chinese AB/DL ones which have the look but not the feel.

I completely agree with you.

And @dltyty I also buy ABDL diapers occasionally. They are fun - and sometimes are just the right thing - but mostly I wind up buying European briefs or NorthShore MegaMax.

I can only hope that someone will either make ABDL diapers more comfortable - or an existing European company will produce something cute. I know ThrustVector is BetterDry/Crinklz - and I believe they are located in Europe - but it's still not quite on target for me...but hoping that people will take notice.

Last edited:
I agree with you! In some ways ABDL diapers almost feel “overdone” to me. Another poster called it a novelty and I agree with that. Medical diapers are just more practical from a price standpoint. I tend to find them more comfortable as well. I also tend to prefer cloth disposables and not many cloth backed ABDL diapers out there. With that said I don’t completely write off ABDL diapers. It’s nice to have a printed diaper time to time, especially to scratch the occasional “AB itch”. I’m working through a pack of Crinklz and have enjoyed them so far.

Reactions: dltyty
I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the feedback here. Even as an AB comfort and fit are more important to me - that's what I think of when I remember when I could fit into baby diapers. Certainly more sensory than visual to an extent.

Reactions: dltyty and BobbiSueEllen
I don't believe all AB/DL diapers are made in China but most of them are. What I love in an AB/DL diaper is thickness, high rise, a very snug, secure taping system and a wide crotch for waddling. So far, Rearz Elites have fit the bill nicely, they're as close to Pampers for big babies as I can get. 🥰

• Love
Reactions: legojoker88
'Buntewindel' is a name to look up if you are into "European" ABDL diapers ... good luck finding them for a reasonable price :(

abdilly said:
I completely agree with you.

And @dltyty I also buy ABDL diapers occasionally. They are fun - and sometimes are just the right thing - but mostly I wind up buying European briefs or NorthShore MegaMax.

I can only hope that someone will either make ABDL diapers more comfortable - or an existing European company will produce something cute. I know ThrustVector is BetterDry/Crinklz - and I believe they are located in Europe - but it's still not quite on target for me...but hoping that people will take notice.

I have had mixed results with Crinklz... I do buy them, but have had instances where they rip in the back, or the tapes just don't work well, but for the most part if I am going to buy and ABDL diaper it usually has the Crinklz name on it... In all reality I am not sure I have found a perfect diaper...

Reactions: abdilly and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
So far, Rearz Elites have fit the bill nicely, they're as close to Pampers for big babies as I can get. 🥰

I have yet to try them - but they are on my list.

In all reality I am not sure I have found a perfect diaper...

@dltyty I know. The quest has been going for years and will continue! It's part of the fun. Late last year I ordered so many samples from medical suppliers...I learned I liked NorthShore MegaMax and Attends Premier...also the current design of the Abena M4 Premium (cloth backed) is much better than it used to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: dltyty and BobbiSueEllen
Megamax is one of my favorites!! I actually went fancy and bought blue ones this time... so I guess that is my AB diaper for this purchase...

Reactions: abdilly and BobbiSueEllen
KitsuneFox said:
'Buntewindel' is a name to look up if you are into "European" ABDL diapers ... good luck finding them for a reasonable price :(

I've always wanted to try - but the cost has always been the inhibiting factor.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
KitsuneFox said:

They are not all that good though. When they first released, they were highly sought for.
Having tried them a few times, I don’t think it’s worth it.

Sure, give them a try.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and abdilly
The one thing that really drive me to AB/DL diapers is what medical-grade adult diapers are devolving to: I have three packs of Attends "Classic"...which isn't classic at all. They're blue, cloth-backed and thin; the construction caliber isn't what it used to be, they're getting slipshod. Sure, they're inexpensive and all but now they don't seem any better than the Depends we perennially deride. So now, with almost 3 packs left, they're stuffers.

I tried Attends Premier and they are so much comfier, softer than ever before...but the $2/each price got me into looking at Rearz Elites and I made up my mind. For a teeny bit more than Attends Premier, Elites are thicker, thirstier, sturdier, wider, just as soft & cuddly...and with standing leg guards. Plus, they're plasticky like real vintage Pampers but with an incredible hybrid taping system. I've tried to get the best of it but I can't, the wider tapes are aggressive and strong. Perfect for the big baby in me.

So, after all these years, I found the perfect diaper for me. 🥰

• Love
Reactions: Kyma and legojoker88
I agree with this. My go to diapers are usually white/medical. My favorites are Incontrol Elite, confidry 24/7 and northshore megamax. I do have some tykables overnights and abu dinorawrs but I very rarely wear them.

Reactions: abdilly, legojoker88 and BobbiSueEllen
IMHO ABDL diapers are useless because expensive. Probably available only by internet.

Everyone can spend his money in this stuff, but I prefere some Tena green or lila.

I'd like to see black diapers at Carrefour etc.

Despite having pricing on the higher end when compared to medical diapers, I personally still prefer ABDL diapers more. The various designs make the entire experience more fun. It could be it's because they are not a necessity for me, I still find it acceptable pricing wise.

I generally prefer the non ABDL ones too bc they are meant to be the most functional. I find the ABDL to be too bulky because they are catering to a crowd that generally wears at home and wants bulk over function. That said there are some more discrete ones but as a bigger guy most of the thinner ABDL ones don’t fit me well.

abdilly said:
That said - after trying many products from all the popular companies (bambino, ABU (before and after the ownership change), Tykables, MyDiaper, Crinklz, etc) I've decided I like medical briefs better as they are generally softer and cut better for my taste. Most, if not all, ABDL diapers are made in China and are super compressed for shipping and you end up with a very rigid, tough diaper - fluffing certainly helps - but it's still not quite the same.

TL;DR I think ABDL diapers are cute but not soft/comfy - what are your thoughts on this?

I would have suggested Bambino as "minimum compression" compared to many others. Maybe it's the thickness that you aren't liking, moreso than the actual compression? Other options that are "low density" (usually by means of low SAP) but still fairly thick:

- AwwSoCute
- Molicare
- Abena (L3 for thinner, L4 for thicker)
- ABU SDK
- Rearz (Inspure for thinner, Insipre+InControl for thicker)

Although they start off thin and stiff, crinklz/betterdry do get pretty soft quickly after flexing around. The same is true of XP Medical's new 5000 diapers, though those start out much thicker. I was really surprised by how much those fluff up after being worn a bit.

Back