ABDL / high capacity diaper with medical look?

megaaaan said:
i've never been able to find these in the uk, they do sound good though!
As you may already know NappiesRUs are no longer stocking them, they may be on Amazon UK ...and yes they are worth it.
-
BW

Should also look into the XP5000. They are quickly becoming my favorite night diaper, or being lazy around the house diaper.

megaaaan said:
they do sound great but super pricey, especially as i wear close to 24/7, it'll add up quick

Having to wear 24/7 myself due to incontinence I trim my budget so I can afford the best diapers that allow me to have as normal life as possible yes this means sacrificing some things but is worth it!

Have you tried the Tena Slip Ultima? The cloth backed version is my go to diaper for several years. They hold up quite nice, but not quite as bulky as most ABDL diapers. A bit cheaper tho :)

Can also recommend Seni Quattro and some Kolibri diapers. Not sure if they are available in the UK. And if you prefer plastic-backed, Betterdry is probably your best choice.

Good hunting :)

CptMartins said:
Have you tried the Tena Slip Ultima? The cloth backed version is my go to diaper for several years. They hold up quite nice, but not quite as bulky as most ABDL diapers. A bit cheaper tho :)

Can also recommend Seni Quattro and some Kolibri diapers. Not sure if they are available in the UK. And if you prefer plastic-backed, Betterdry is probably your best choice.

Good hunting :)
i have tried the TENA Slip Active Fit Maxi (PE Backed) and loved how they looked, they have a prominent "medical look" to them. but they don't hold up well at all in my opinion, next to no leak guards. it just seems like a giant oversized baby diaper, i mean, i guess that's what it is.. but, yea

the only other one that i have that that you mentioned is betterdry. i've sort of got mixed opinions about them as my first few experiences with them was bad, but i feel like i got a size too big (L). i later tried the M's and they seemed better, but i only got a sample (2 diapers) to test, so it's hard to judge whether i'd be a fan of them for the near future

i guess the only way to know is to buy another pack or something and see what i think to them

DLYUL said:
Printed products are fun but I also like plain white when I’m not in my 100% private space.

I just tried a pack of InControl Essentials.
I am impressed.
Large leak guards are great for accommodating boosters.
Plastic backing with medium crinkle
First time I try a diaper with Velcro and am pleased how I can infinitely adjust the fit as it fills.
Wicking seems better then other products and allows me to use them to their fullest.
Dry bulkiness is resealable when looking for discretion.

Its like they were designed to my personal specification.
I thought these had adhesive tapes? Are they Velcro like the Elite Hybrid?

megaaaan said:
they sound good, but it just seems like way too much diaper. especially if i wanted to fully use it and make the most of it

paired with me wearing close to 24/7, it probably isn't good to be sat in a soiled diaper for extended periods of time while i wait until the diaper is used and requires a change
I wear only for fun, but. Well. I will oftentimes, get well padded and not see the light of day for 18-20 hours. At that, I might be without for an hour or two and back in for another 18 hours. I am not able to wear daily, even. I mean. I could, I suppose. I go kind of in cycles. I don’t want to bother with a Mega Max if I’ve got to be somewhere or do something that won’t allow it in a couple hours or so. I wait and make sure I’ve got the time and privacy to enjoy myself. I tell you all that to tell you this. I have worn a MegaMax out more than once. And I’m a super freak about wearing out. Is it noticeable and all. I love wearing out, but I love not being at all noticeable. Also of note. I’ve got a 36 inch waist and weigh 190 after a long, slow, winter. I buy the large megas, because when I’m able to enjoy the time, I want it to feel like I’m…Wearing. I want the bulk. And the capacity. I’ve got a pair of skin tight, latex briefs that really hold things in close and tight. A mega and the briefs and one really good wetting, I can safely wear anywhere. Much more wetting and it starts to inhibit movement. Ok. Now. My point….It takes me awhile sometimes. Even with the latex briefs or some other cover, or more than one on, for 18 hours…You never feel wet in Mega. I have never gotten any type of rash in one either. There are brands I can have on overnight and wind up with an issue. I love the MegaMax. Love them. Sorry to rattle on for so long.
megaaaan said:
they sound good, but it just seems like way too much diaper. especially if i wanted to fully use it and make the most of it

paired with me wearing close to 24/7, it probably isn't good to be sat in a soiled diaper for extended periods of time while i wait until the diaper is used and requires a change

AlmostHelBent said:
Can't believe no one's mentioned Forsites, if you can get hold of them they are really good and not too thick.
-
BW
So true! We only recently discovered Forsite based on recommendations on this site. Only tried the printed versions so far. Are you recommending the AM/PM all white version…if I have the name correct?

RedPandaDL said:
I thought these had adhesive tapes? Are they Velcro like the Elite Hybrid?
InControl Elite Hybrid Briefs
I am looking at the label now and am confirming Velcro.

Reactions: RedPandaDL
slipperywhenwet said:
So true! We only recently discovered Forsite based on recommendations on this site. Only tried the printed versions so far. Are you recommending the AM/PM all white version…if I have the name correct?
It's news to me if the plain white ones and the undersea (I 'spose the undersea ones are printed ...all over printed) ones are different in (let's) say absorbancy.
-
BW

Last edited:
I've been really happy with Abena M4's. They look kind of medical-ish and have a stripey pattern in the center with a wetness indicator. I recently started using them at night with a booster and they've been great. I'm in one now. I decided to really test them and had 4 beers last night over a few hours before bed. Before I fell asleep I had a 20 second flood and then I woke up twice and had 2 more 20 second floods. I'm sure I'll wet at least one more time before changing too. I got them based on what people here have said and other reviews. I mainly got them for night use since normally I don't wet a whole lot at night and wanted something cheaper than Megamax, which I mainly wear in the day. I haven't tried these Abenas in the daytime, but they don't seem as durable in terms of their plastic shell compared to the Megamax.

Reactions: Kayleigh
Go have a look at my plastic backed UK thread.
My current leaderboard is something like this,
All medical and plastic backed, I take a medium so haven't really looked at other sizes, tenas also come in higher absorbency Ultima variety but are pushing my unit price limit.
If anyone knows somewhere carrying the tenas or molicares cheeper, let me know.

HappyNappin said:
If anyone knows somewhere carrying the tenas or molicares cheeper, let me know.
I think Dorsey nursing supplies is on of the cheapest places for Molicare Slip Maxi. Also they are good nappies. Very medical looking too.

bobbilly said:
I think Dorsey nursing supplies is on of the cheapest places for Molicare Slip Maxi. Also they are good nappies. Very medical looking too.
I had initially ruled molicare out as too expensive, but dorsets pricing is very good, there about as far away from me as possible though so I don't expect rapid delivery.

HappyNappin said:
I had initially ruled molicare out as too expensive, but dorsets pricing is very good, there about as far away from me as possible though so I don't expect rapid delivery.
I have always had next day delivery with them. With a good courier.

BetterDry are excellent.
Tena Active Fit are also high on list.

Back