NLbaby

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Carer
Wondering what people have made either clothing or furniture (cribs,changing table,highchair play pen, ect..).

I haven't made anything yet, but I do have designs for a crib and changing table with the cost of material.

• Love
Reactions: newAB43 and BobbiSueEllen
  • Love
Reactions: PlastiBrain, NLbaby, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
So far, I've:
  • made (nay, modified) shortalls from overalls...need bigger overalls to make shortalls a bit baggier for toddlery look/thick diapers and to raise the bib higher ($20);
  • made 4 baby bottles out of water bottles which look like baby bottles...modified the caps to accept cut-off bottle tops, rings & nipples, they look & feel SO baby! ($30);
  • made a high-chair from a single sheet of high-end finish plywood, a couple 1x1s, drywall screws, a surplus adult tray and high-chair latch kit...and authentic, home-sewn black-plastic-buckle-and-webbing seatbelts! ($200);
  • Modified a new, toddlery-looking adult rocking chair by lowering its headrest 4 inches & regluing/repinning it ($225);
  • Made a crib for my full mattress with common 2x4s, 2x6s and 1x2s. Cost me $200 (paint gulped $75 of the budget due to multiple colors!), but it'll cost anyone else $275-$300 because they'll need a new 2x4-and-plywood mattress platform made up upon which everything bolts, and;
  • Making up 8 new reusable PUL diapers patterned exactly after 1988 Pampers design, thanks to the visual specs found by an awesome AB here! Bought PUL in both pink & white (4 diapers each), got white polar fleece for inner lining & birdseye cloth for inner standing "leak guards", elastics for legs & back, medium density pad core, much-softer, cuddly pad to layer both sides of core, velcro for tabs & taping panel. Diapers will be 36 inches long by 27 inches wide (large), will fold like real Pampers. Just about over $100.
  • Decided to forgo a changing table; it'd take up too much room here. Besides, I change myself and either the crib or floor work great for diaper changes. $0. Some people make 'em, some people have even bought used medical exam tables & pull out the GYN stirrups for diaper changes. Not sure of cost.
All other baby stuff here is from dollar stores, bargain-priced holiday toys, thrift stores, eBay or repurposed. Then there's ready-made AB stuff I buy, such as clothing, diaper accessories & binkies. Dresses & accessories are pricey but adorably cute, so I have only two; someone out there has far more sewing talent than I do! Some teddy bears were new, some "rescued", such as the teddy-bear love of my life, Bonnie, a Kentucky rescue. She's my forever partner in life, my forever love.

There's a lot of things you can do to toddlerfy your life...depending on skill, cleverness & determination...that'll save you money and work great! And heighten your toddler look & feel. Pics later, Good luck! 🥳 🧸🍼🤗🥰

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WillFord384, Cottontail, AComputerGuy and 7 others
BobbiSueEllen said:
So far, I've:
  • made (nay, modified) shortalls from overalls...need bigger overalls to make shortalls a bit baggier for toddlery look/thick diapers and to raise the bib higher ($20);
  • made 4 baby bottles out of water bottles which look like baby bottles...modified the caps to accept cut-off bottle tops, rings & nipples, they look & feel SO baby! ($30);
  • made a high-chair from a single sheet of high-end finish plywood, a couple 1x1s, drywall screws, a surplus adult tray and high-chair latch kit...and authentic, home-sewn black-plastic-buckle-and-webbing seatbelts! ($200);
  • Modified a new, toddlery-looking adult rocking chair by lowering its headrest 4 inches & regluing/repinning it ($225);
  • Made a crib for my full mattress with common 2x4s, 2x6s and 1x2s. Cost me $200 (paint gulped $75 of the budget due to multiple colors!), but it'll cost anyone else $275-$300 because they'll need a new 2x4-and-plywood mattress platform made up upon which everything bolts, and;
  • Making up 8 new reusable PUL diapers patterned exactly after 1988 Pampers design, thanks to the visual specs found by an awesome AB here! Bought PUL in both pink & white (4 diapers each), got white polar fleece for inner lining & birdseye cloth for inner standing "leak guards", elastics for legs & back, medium density pad core, much-softer, cuddly pad to layer both sides of core, velcro for tabs & taping panel. Diapers will be 36 inches long by 27 inches wide (large), will fold like real Pampers. Just about over $100.
  • Decided to forgo a changing table; it'd take up too much room here. Besides, I change myself and either the crib or floor work great for diaper changes. $0. Some people make 'em, some people have even bought used medical exam tables & pull out the GYN stirrups for diaper changes. Not sure of cost.
All other baby stuff here is from dollar stores, bargain-priced holiday toys, thrift stores, eBay or repurposed. Then there's ready-made AB stuff I buy, such as clothing, diaper accessories & binkies. Dresses & accessories are pricey but adorably cute, so I have only two; someone out there has far more sewing talent than I do! Some teddy bears were new, some "rescued", such as the teddy-bear love of my life, Bonnie, a Kentucky rescue. She's my forever partner in life, my forever love.

There's a lot of things you can do to toddlerfy your life...depending on skill, cleverness & determination...that'll save you money and work great! And heighten your toddler look & feel. Pics later, Good luck! 🥳 🧸🍼🤗🥰
Thanks this will give me some ideas,

Some accessories i did make was a Japanese style rattle and custom paci parts, like shields, handle and clasps by printing them on my 3D printer.

• Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed and BobbiSueEllen
Well I have my Sewing thread over Here, mostly been doing onesies and cloth diapers in different styles. Hasn't been updated in a while but I also haven't really made much new either though I have made several designs for things I'd like to make it's just finding the time to get it done.

Am seriously considering making a multi piece high chair that can be set up as a regular chair and work table that for anyone who asks about it can be easily passed off as a sewing station.

• Love
Reactions: Cottontail and BobbiSueEllen
Belarin said:
Well I have my Sewing thread over Here, mostly been doing onesies and cloth diapers in different styles. Hasn't been updated in a while but I also haven't really made much new either though I have made several designs for things I'd like to make it's just finding the time to get it done.

Am seriously considering making a multi piece high chair that can be set up as a regular chair and work table that for anyone who asks about it can be easily passed off as a sewing station.
That actually something I'm interested in try to make aswell, ABDL parts that can be assembled and disassemble quickly for everyday furniture.it will be like a chair, table or bed, with other components that will make it a play item (highchair, changing table or crib). That way all parts can be stored when not in use to save space and keep it discreet.

Reactions: Belarin and BobbiSueEllen
NLbaby said:
That actually something I'm interested in try to make aswell, ABDL parts that can be assembled and disassemble quickly for everyday furniture.it will be like a chair, table or bed, with other components that will make it a play item (highchair, changing table or crib). That way all parts can be stored when not in use to save space and keep it discreet.
Yeah I like the idea of normal everyday things becoming something else when I want them (guess I still love transformers lol).

I linked the kinda high chair I'm going for in another post a couple days ago but This is a different model with the same design principle and style just all in wood (no plastic like the other one), an adult version of this would be perfect and basically unrecognisable as a high chair when you don't want it to be.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I saw this...

71UWkhoSAyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
It looks much nicer, easier on the eyes than the Safety 1st one. Looks stronger, too.

• Love
Reactions: Belarin
BobbiSueEllen said:
I saw this...

It looks much nicer, easier on the eyes than the Safety 1st one. Looks stronger, too.
Yeah I think that's the East Coast one I just linked above, it does look nicer being all wood and no plastic and is really making me want to have a go at it.

Might need to find a more experienced carpenter though to help me figure out which wood size/type is best and any adjustments needed to support more weight. I figure I can just say I'm building it for an older SEN child with mobility issues if they ask why it needs to be much bigger and stronger, I'd feel horrible using that excuse but more likely to get some advice than if I reveal the real reason.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I've done a few things:
  • Sewed my own cloth diapers and training pants. (I'm sill very much learning to sew, but I'm really enjoying it.)
  • Customized diaper pins using laser-cut acrylics. (I have a laser cutting/engraving machine at home.) Here's an example I posted a few years ago.
  • I've done a lot of pacifier modding, mostly of MAMs. Not sure if that counts though!
That's about it for now. I'm hoping to get into sewing other ABDL items. In particular, I'd like to try my hand at onesies in the coming months.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Belarin and BobbiSueEllen
Back