ABDL Dating Site

PapaBear001

Come say hello to Papa Bear!
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Any thoughts on creating an ABDL dating site. Recently I got burned at ABDLMatch. A while ago, I was a member of DiaperMate (I think that was the name). What are the obsticles that could be encountered?

PapaBear001

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
ABDLMatch is bot server, no real dating there.
I know. I was informed too late. I think there is a need for a proper dating site. I am just looking for people who have the initiative to create the site. I am willing to help. 😁

PapaBear001

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Your problems are going to be cost and building up a user base.
These are certainly valid concerns but there are other social and legal concerns. Is there an Open Source web application that we can start with or does the entire site need to be built from the ground up. Is age validation a concern? What about CC processing if needed?

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Carer
Any thoughts on creating an ABDL dating site. Recently I got burned at ABDLMatch. A while ago, I was a member of DiaperMate (I think that was the name). What are the obsticles that could be encountered?
Well:
  • You're going to need money. Hundreds of dollars at the absolute minimum, for domain name(s), software, hosting, etc.
  • You're going to need software for it. This will cost money, and it will require technical skills to set up, configure, and run.
  • You're going to need enough people willing to sign up at first to get it off the ground. Don't underestimate the difficulty of this! Getting your first few users is HARD for any online community.
  • You may have issues with the fact that bigs and women are relatively rare in the ABDL community. Your success/failure may be determined by how many you attract (and keep). You don't want them to get overwhelmed with messages. Perhaps you need to give them special filtering tools, and more power than littles/men.
  • Given that other ABDL dating websites tend to ask for money and yet be fake, you're going to have an uphill struggle to convince people to pay. Especially at first. Perhaps a free service, like OKCupid, that's supported by ads, might be easier to get started and easier to convince people to sign up for. Less of an entry barrier.
  • You need to have a very, very clear understanding of how this service is going to offer value to its users. You might think this is obvious (find a date!) but you need to understand it on a way deeper level than your potential users do. For example: do you think people are going to use your service to find people to date in their area, OR do you think people are going to use it to find people further away that they'd have to travel to meet? How the site works would be very different between those two cases. With the first, you'd need strong distance-based matching tools. With the second, it would be much more about compatibility.

PapaBear001

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well:
  • You're going to need money. Hundreds of dollars at the absolute minimum, for domain name(s), software, hosting, etc.
  • You're going to need software for it. This will cost money, and it will require technical skills to set up, configure, and run.
  • You're going to need enough people willing to sign up at first to get it off the ground. Don't underestimate the difficulty of this! Getting your first few users is HARD for any online community.
  • You may have issues with the fact that bigs and women are relatively rare in the ABDL community. Your success/failure may be determined by how many you attract (and keep). You don't want them to get overwhelmed with messages. Perhaps you need to give them special filtering tools, and more power than littles/men.
  • Given that other ABDL dating websites tend to ask for money and yet be fake, you're going to have an uphill struggle to convince people to pay. Especially at first. Perhaps a free service, like OKCupid, that's supported by ads, might be easier to get started and easier to convince people to sign up for. Less of an entry barrier.
  • You need to have a very, very clear understanding of how this service is going to offer value to its users. You might think this is obvious (find a date!) but you need to understand it on a way deeper level than your potential users do. For example: do you think people are going to use your service to find people to date in their area, OR do you think people are going to use it to find people further away that they'd have to travel to meet? How the site works would be very different between those two cases. With the first, you'd need strong distance-based matching tools. With the second, it would be much more about compatibility.
Moo,
Thank you for your expert knowledge and also thank you and the other admins for your hard work to support the comminity. I will respond again when I am done working today.

ORBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Someone is already doing a dating site, DateCGL.com. It is free. Don't know how well it's working for others, but there is little action in my area. Eight people are within 50 miles of me, and 21 within 100 miles.
Has anyone had any success with them?

PapaBear001

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Someone is already doing a dating site, DateCGL.com. It is free. Don't know how well it's working for others, but there is little action in my area. Eight people are within 50 miles of me, and 21 within 100 miles.
Has anyone had any success with them?
Thanks for the reference. I will go check it out.

surprise35

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent, Carer
I feel a lot of ABDL people use fetlife kinda for this. While not really a dating site it does post a lot of events and helps bring people together from your same area. Still think it would be great for there to be a new site though.

lilkayden

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little
Interestingly I stumbled upon a furry mobile app called Howlr which is used to locate like minded people that are close to you. Even though it was advertised for furs, there is a group called ABDL on there... apparently there is over 1k people who are ABDL on it. It's somewhat of a dating app, but it's mostly used to see who's around you. As far as I can tell most of the people on there are legit. There is a one on one chat feature on the app that lets you chat with another person if they accept. The app doesn't have a lot of features but it does help locate people. I've met quite a few babyfurs in my area that I didn't even know existed.

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Interestingly I stumbled upon a furry mobile app called Howlr which is used to locate like minded people that are close to you. Even though it was advertised for furs, there is a group called ABDL on there... apparently there is over 1k people who are ABDL on it. It's somewhat of a dating app, but it's mostly used to see who's around you. As far as I can tell most of the people on there are legit. There is a one on one chat feature on the app that lets you chat with another person if they accept. The app doesn't have a lot of features but it does help locate people. I've met quite a few babyfurs in my area that I didn't even know existed.
I do not want to demotivate you but 1K is equivalent to nothing

lilkayden

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little
I do not want to demotivate you but 1K is equivalent to nothing
Still better than going on current bot dating sites. Atleast everyone that i've met so far have been real people. Not saying it's a one stop shop but it is another resource.

Marting

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I met my now wife on a website i think called Diaper Mates. So it can work!

PapaBear001

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I met my now wife on a website i think called Diaper Mates. So it can work!
Yah. I was on there a few years ago and then I met someone who wanted to do things that could create a lot of liability for me. Sometime you just gotta walk away. :)

PapaBear001

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Tried Diaper Mates again. It seems a little better since I last tried. Still hard to find local people. Searching by location doesn't work very well. DateCGL has good location searches but not much in my area. Not surprising. As expected, the male to female ratio around me is about 10 to 1 from the little data I have and I live in an East Coast metro area.