princeofpacis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Anyone who's ever built a blanket fort knows how to use their immediate resources to their advantage. It's easy right? You only need a few things to make a makeshift you-sized crib in about... oh, ten minutes or so!

You will need:
  • A Boxspring and Mattress
  • A Wall (Or Two)
  • 2 to 4 Chairs
  • Blankets
  • Pillows
  • Plenty of Plushies! (Optional)

Step 1: Take your mattress off of your boxspring and place it on the floor in the corner of the room where 2 walls intersect if you're able! The two walls act as the first two sides of your crib!

Step 2: Set your boxspring upright horizontally against the mattress on the floor. The boxspring acts as another side! Optional: Place a blanket over it. This is mostly to make it look pretty.

Step 3: Place two chairs at the end of the mattress and place a blanket over them. They act as yet another side! If you were unable to place your mattress in a corner of the room, you can do the same at the opposite end of the mattress to create the fourth and final enclosing side!

Step 4: Put a comfy blanket down on the mattress (a.k.a. the floor of the crib) and some comfy pillows!

Step 5: Settle down in your crib with your toys, plushies, pacis, and a good Disney movie on your laptop if you have one! ;)

My finished product:

picture423.jpgpicture424.jpgpicture425.jpg

Hope it helps someone out there! I know I was pretty desperate to have a little crib of my own. This isn't as fancy as the real ones, but it's a lovely space to just be little! It's quite comfy. :D

koda42

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
add some blanket over and you have a very cool pillow-fort. =D

begard

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Nice idea, Maritime. My bed has a slated base. That would look awesome on it's side, a lot like the bars on normal cots.

Don't know why this has never occurred to me. Going to give it a try.:smile:

princeofpacis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Nice idea, Maritime. My bed has a slated base. That would look awesome on it's side, a lot like the bars on normal cots.

Don't know why this has never occurred to me. Going to give it a try.:smile:

Ooh lucky! I wish I still had a bed base like that!

Have fun! :D

wyatt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
That's awesome! way to use your imagination! :)

lokithegirlysergal

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Incontinent
Oh I'm defiantly going to try this, I really can't believe I never thought of it :p thanks muchly -Anna

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I often thought that a bunk bed pushed against two walls came close to being crib-like as well, especially the bottom bunk.

Waddles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I like it! Very creative, but with a Queen size bed, I don't think it would work too well for me, I would love a full size crib to sleep in though! :thumbsup:

stanley19802

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Another idea, and my first crib. I took a ream of printer paper and folded each sheet into 1-2 inch thick by 11 inches long bars. Then I would staple 3-4 of these bars together. Then I stapled about 15 of them together for the long rails and then did the smaller bars. Basically I ended up with bars made of paper. And I stuck broom sticks to each corner of my twin size bed and hung the paper bars to each post. It did it's job. And best of all, It all folded down into a small stack of paper bars that I could easily hide under my bed and put up when no one was home in seconds. It was what I used for awhile till I finally got the guts to make it out of wood. My mom flipped out. She came into the room and was "Hey, where is the..........OH MY GOD, oh my god......oh..my...god" and she just backed out of the room. I think she took it well....lol. By the way, I had built it while she was at work. Just before she left for work, she saw my bed as a bed. So yea, that added to the shock. But anyway, a paper crib, while fragile, it's yet another option. Have fun. :)

-Baby Stanley

LilByte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
i have another idea for those who are like me with a bed to big. get a couch spin around so its aginst wall. Futon would work better probably. could pull the pad of a futon so half is on bottom, half is on wall, and bars(metal backed or at least mine is) are open to room XD

Status
Not open for further replies.