ABDL businesses

Yup to all this. I usually give people a break for bad grammar on this board because this is a support forum and people do have legit challenges, but when it comes to business there is no way around it. Being able to write and speak intelligently is a pretty damn big prerequisite. No one is going to invest money with a guy who hasn't yet mastered the art of capitalization, paragraphs, and ending a sentence with a period.

Reactions: RubberJin
Topex said:
sbmccue's post was not trolling at they made a lot of valid points; just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you need to label them a troll. None of what you just said really has any merit and you just missed all of his points by a mile. You really don't even seem to have the mentality for an entrepreneur. "Maybe I would have to pay employees and building and martial and shipping but other than that its cost free" is probably the most ignorant thing you've said yet. Not only could those costs be upwards of several 100k a year which is a lot less trivial than you make it sound, but there are so many other big costs associated with this business that you fail to even mention. You're so focused on investors and employees and manufacturers but don't even have a prototype and aren't willing to put a little of your own money in to get this business on its feet. You aren't going to get anywhere
I got troll vibe because he nitpicked my spelling and I don't appreciate that, we're all flawed and to point out a flaw is rude and i'm taking this slow trying to pool ideas

sbmccue said:
Do Antipodean folk no longer speak the Queen's English? In any business environment, your grammar and spelling will be critically important.

I'm a real troll, all right ... I'm probably the only member of the forum who has started and run 3 AB service businesses over the past 30 years. If there's anyone here who has experience selling to your intended market, it's me.

As I said earlier, there's no use talking when you're not listening ... and you're not. I hope you're familiar with Australian bankruptcy laws; with your attitude toward wealth and lack of business acumen, you'll be availing yourself of them shortly.
this thread was for idea pooling not talking about the prospects of running a business. I am well educated in running a business and I may chose to take time to do so but I did ask you not to respond because i'm trying to let the thread die to replace it with one that is more focused on pooling ideas like this one is supposed to

littlekyro said:
I got troll vibe because he nitpicked my spelling and I don't appreciate that, we're all flawed and to point out a flaw is rude and i'm taking this slow trying to pool ideas
Just because we all have flaws doesn't mean pointing out a flaw is rude, particularly when that flaw is significantly detrimental to running a business. Your point in this thread has not come across to be pooling ideas, and as I've mentioned before that was never clear in the title or the original post. All that you've done in this thread is boast about your apparent credentials and then become defensive when people give you feedback on what you're doing wrong and why what you're doing isn't succeeding (and probably won't)

littlekyro said:
this thread was for idea pooling not talking about the prospects of running a business. I am well educated in running a business and I may chose to take time to do so but I did ask you not to respond because i'm trying to let the thread die to replace it with one that is more focused on pooling ideas like this one is supposed to
Then start another thread that's a lot more clear in your intentions up front and be a lot more open-minded to what people are saying and show some willingness and faith in your business (and stop being naive and thinking so far ahead about manufacturing, employees, and investors)--you will have to put some of your own money (and a good deal of it) into this if you want it to succeed. Starting a business isn't free

Last edited:
Topex said:
Then start another thread that's a lot more clear in your intentions up front and be a lot more open-minded to what people are saying and show some willingness and faith in your business (and stop being naive and thinking so far ahead about manufacturing, employees, and investors)--you will have to put some of your own money (and a good deal of it) into this if you want it to succeed. Starting a business isn't free
I will lol

yo guys this one is officialy dead I've killed it please add no more and if any mod sees it please delete it, its gone off topic

littlekyro said:
yo guys this one is officialy dead I've killed it please add no more and if any mod sees it please delete it, its gone off topic
Just to be clear, it never went off-topic. You never made it clear what your intended topic was originally and then continued the discussion on the topic that was being discussed. Also there's no reason for mods to delete threads that aren't against the rules, especially when this one generated a lot of quality discussion

I would think that there are classes you could take in sewing, maybe at a community college. You would then have an idea as to whether this is something you could do. I do think that since you are low on funds, you will have to start your company at a minimal level, such as making adult baby clothes. A class would provide the sewing machine and the material. You might have to buy the material and of course, pay for the class but that would be a minimal start.

If that's not possible, take a carpentry class and build adult sized cribs and high chairs. Those are somewhat in demand among the AB crowd. I used to build furniture and I had no training.

Reactions: RubberJin
MrPurple said:
As someone who's actually starting something up. You're making a fantasy in your head and not a real product.

Do you know any of the fundamentals of tailoring/seamstressing? Do you know the fundamentals of how a business works (cash flow, materials cost, time investment, taxation)?

To use myself as an example, I have design documents on my desktop and loose measurements on paper. I've ordered the materials to make my product prototype and I know how to use the tools I'll need (sewing machine). I've got people already waiting to see what it will be like (marketing) and some who are keen to order (investment). So when I have the prototype done, my investors can pre-order. I can then bulk order the materials I need, keeping costs low for my customers and a healthy profit line for myself. Most importantly, I've got a spreadsheet ready so that I can declare to HMRC how much my little business venture is paying. There's no point getting a business going, then having it killed by back tax.

I've planned everything, I know where I'm going and what I'm doing. You need to be the same if you want a chance of actually creating something successful. Youtube and your local community college is your best bet for a lot of these things.
Mr purple I am interested if you are still producing I am working on a project and think we could help each other. if your interested let me know. I can give you and idea of what I am doing.

Back