ABDL and childhood incontince

Halibut

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
It seems like a lot of people who were incontinent during elementry school grew into ABDL. does anyone on here break that pattern? And does anyone know why it seems like that?

I doubt you'll find your answer on here. It's a biased sample. I can definitely say that I don't think I would be ABDL if I didn't have control issues when I was young. Elementary school, in particular, was tough on me, especially the bus rides.

Growing up with Encopresis (bowel incontinence) into middle school definitely had a major effect on me. I was put in diapers on more than one occasion by drs. Not to mention the countless accidents in my pants. Too many to count to be honest. As to whether or not that led to my ABDL side or not. Today I’m in diapers 24/7 now due to urinary incontinence. I do still deal with bowel issues and I’m sure that goes back to my child hood issues.

Spaz said:
I doubt you'll find your answer on here. It's a biased sample.
Unless you have a source of data beyond ADISC, that is a fact. You can't draw conclusions from a sample that comprises mostly ABDL's. You have no information about the outcomes of people who who do not participate here. Frankly, ADISC isn't always the most inviting place for people who are not ABDL. Even though the Incontinence forum is described as "Discussions about dealing with incontinence", some ABDL's seem to want to use it for their own agenda. So, it would not surprise me if many who are not ABDL take a look at the some of the posts and conclude it is not a place for them.

I have to agree, you are dealing with a small group of people to get any real answer to any type of question like that.
Remember you also have people here that always were IC or became that way later in life.
And I think the question of "Did your IC lead you to becoming an AB and/or DL has been done before.

Last edited:
Spaz said:
I doubt you'll find your answer on here. It's a biased sample.

Bobsled said:
You have no information about the outcomes of people who who do not participate here. Frankly, ADISC isn't always the most inviting place for people who are not ABDL.

Would It be wise to search other websites, or would they not tolerate an ABDL asking questions like this?

SicartheaSpikefan said:
Would It be wise to search other websites, or would they not tolerate an ABDL asking questions like this?
I don't know how the question would be viewed on other websites, as I've found very few discussions for incontinent people other than this one. But the moderators ask that all posters be respectful of the purpose of this forum. Your question seems to be based on an unscientific observation. The only answers you will get are likely to be unscientific opinions. IMHO, trading opinions on a topic like this doesn't help anyone deal with incontinence.

:)... right webside - wrong forum... I'm sure you will find a lot of answers on this side - but keep in mind that this is not a representative sample... And yes it might be also a good idea to use various sources - I would try dd boards also ;-)

I think you are stating the hypothesis backwards. Its not the Elementary/Secondary school enuresis leads to ABDL, its that it is likely that if you are ABDL, you probably had adolescent/teen enuresis issues.

iampadded said:
I think you are stating the hypothesis backwards. Its not the Elementary/Secondary school enuresis leads to ABDL, its that it is likely that if you are ABDL, you probably had adolescent/teen enuresis issues.
I'm not following. How would having ABDL desires lead to any kind of incontinence?

iampadded said:
I think you are stating the hypothesis backwards. Its not the Elementary/Secondary school enuresis leads to ABDL,
--- its that it is likely that if you are ABDL, you probably had adolescent/teen enuresis issues.
That last line is basically putting the cart in front of the horse isn't it? lol
The corrolation between AB and/or DL activities & adolescent enuresis is probably one of the biggest
"which came first, The chicken or the egg?" debates around that will probably never have a solid answer.

Does AB and/or DL tendencies form before or after puberty?
Is there a current sexual connection to AB and/or DL tendencies?
Was a sexual component to AB and/or DL tendencies always present or did it develop later?
What age did enuresis start? For how long of a period?
Did it start & end before puberty or continue thru it?
Did it start after puberty and at what age?
I could go on & on, lol.
Basically there are too many variables and too little data to form any reasonable answer.

PS: There is also the difference between Age-Playing [role playing] and innate [inner child] "AB, littles, middles, ect"
There is also a huge difference between either AB activites above and DL tendencies and activity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 44276
Trevor said:
I'm not following. How would having ABDL desires lead to any kind of incontinence?
The comment was that if you are ABDL you probably had (past tense) enuresis issues - not that if you are ABDL you will have incontinence. I am not saying I agree with this either way. But the poster is saying that that enuresis may be an antecedent to ABDL predilections - not that ABDL predilections will lead to incontinence.

Bobsled said:
The comment was that if you are ABDL you probably had (past tense) enuresis issues - not that if you are ABDL you will have incontinence. I am not saying I agree with this either way. But the poster is saying that that enuresis may be an antecedent to ABDL predilections - not that ABDL predilections will lead to incontinence.
Ah, thanks! It all seems foreign to me. My continence has been average or better than average as far back as I can remember.

SicartheaSpikefan said:
It seems like a lot of people who were incontinent during elementry school grew into ABDL. does anyone on here break that pattern? And does anyone know why it seems like that?

As stated above the complexity of AB / DL is highly diversed BUT what i can say from actually studied this subject THURLY (Not in here FACT based ) i can say NO being incontinent from childhood does in MOST cases NOT have a bearing in to why people become AB /DL ` S ,. And also NOT all AB /Little's are in to or get exited of wearing (and in some cases ) USING their diapers also known as DL (as im fore ex in MY case ) i wear due to my Double IC & i HATE it. BUT as its also a part of AB /little life Eh (shrugging shoulders ) what can i do i am a AB /Little and im forced to wear 24 /7 SO .

You should try to do search on the net reg AB and Paraphillic Infantilism dear you'd be amazed how complex and diversed this actually is ;)

Oh and heres a link to DD ;) DD Boards

Reactions: ibleien
I am a life long DL, but potty trained normally at 3 years old and did not have any bedwetting or other incontinence problems growing up. My incontinence was caused by a car wreck and subsequent spinal damage.

SicartheaSpikefan said:
I definitely agree that my childhood bladder challenges lead to my DL tendencies later in life. I never thought of myself as incontinent, but I did frequently wet my pants during childhood. In fact, it was frequent enough that I continued to wear plastic pants over my underwear well into my elementary school years. I still remember my near despair when I outgrew the plastic pants and was compelled to conceal my wettings as best I could. All these years later I can remember wishing that I was still in diapers, beginning when I was a preschooler and lasting throughout childhood. I became obsessed with worry over wetting my pants, and I longed for some sort of protection that would save me the anxiety that preoccupied me. Years later, well into adulthood, disposable diapers became available for adults, and I believe that my extreme relief at having access to some sort of protection quickly morphed into a love of diapers. It's only been within the last 15 years that the diagnosis of Tarlov Cysts on my S3 sacral nerve has offered a medical explanation, rather than a psychological one.

Spaz said:
I can definitely say that I don't think I would be ABDL if I didn't have control issues when I was young. Elementary school, in particular, was tough on me, especially the bus rides.
For myself it didn't become rough or even concerning to me until late elementary/early middle school. It was overnight school trips and sleep away camps, especially the long summer camps. Boy scout camps were tough too.

I can relate! I became very good at hiding wet pants.

Reactions: wetaccident
SicartheaSpikefan said:
I broke that pattern. My earliest memories involved diapers. I wanted to wear them basically all my life. I had a few accidents here and there, but was not considered incontinent. I did wet the bed until 15, but my parents ignored it and I had to deal with a stale pissy bed most of my childhood. God how I wish I had easy access to diapers during that time. But the bedwetting is not why I became a DL. I was a DL at age 3 or younger.

I agree, you won't find a representative sample here. It is an interesting question, however, and makes me wonder about another: Do people who become IC as adults have an easier time adjusting to/accepting being back in diapers if they had to wear diapers late into childhood? Again, this is not the place for a scientific study, but I've wondered about that since I went back into diapers well over 2 years ago. I was a bed wetter until about age 9 and wore cloth diapers and plastic pants until I literally outgrew anything we could buy at the local stores, so it was a pretty easy adjustment for me, (at least from a "routine" and comfort standpoint) to go back into diapers, first at night.

Back