odd1inSyde

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Hey there. Long story short, I've really been struggling with alcohol. I'm not blaming ABDL completely, but the guilt and shame surrounding it is certainly a contributing factor. My therapist recommended that I partake in some kind of 12 step program...

Two things: 1) I sat in a meeting, and to be frank, I'm opposed to the idea that addiction is a matter of physical, moral, or spiritual weakness.
2) One of the core tenants of the program is honesty. And when this kink/fetish/lifestyle/what-have-you is, in part, a cause, I'm unable to be honest.

Have you ever heard of an ABDL specific AA meeting group? If not, I wonder if interested parties might want to start something over zoom.
Just an idea.
Take care.

Reactions: Wondercrinkee and fleckothefennec

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I guess you would want to kick diaper wearing if you wanted to be in an ABDL anonymous group. Most of the people on this site enjoy wearing diapers or if incontinent, diapers provides protection. For what it's worth, I don't believe being addicted to alcohol or drugs is because of moral or spiritual weakness. When I was in college, I drank a lot of alcohol and did a lot of drugs. It wasn't because I was weak but there were parts of me I couldn't live with and I truly wanted to die. Addiction can simply be a slow road to killing one's self. Eventually I was able to overcome my emotional problems and I began to live a much better life.

• Love
Reactions: furry121, MetalDan86, chamberpot and 3 others

odd1inSyde

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
dogboy said:
I guess you would want to kick diaper wearing if you wanted to be in an ABDL anonymous group. Most of the people on this site enjoy wearing diapers or if incontinent, diapers provides protection. For what it's worth, I don't believe being addicted to alcohol or drugs is because of moral or spiritual weakness. When I was in college, I drank a lot of alcohol and did a lot of drugs. It wasn't because I was weak but there were parts of me I couldn't live with and I truly wanted to die. Addiction can simply be a slow road to killing one's self. Eventually I was able to overcome my emotional problems and I began to live a much better life.

No, of course I'm not trying to kick ABDL, haha. I learned a while ago it's part of me, and I can't get rid of it. I am, however, trying to kick alcohol!

Reactions: dogboy

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
odd1inSyde said:
Hey there. Long story short, I've really been struggling with alcohol. I'm not blaming ABDL completely, but the guilt and shame surrounding it is certainly a contributing factor. My therapist recommended that I partake in some kind of 12 step program...

Two things: 1) I sat in a meeting, and to be frank, I'm opposed to the idea that addiction is a matter of physical, moral, or spiritual weakness.
2) One of the core tenants of the program is honesty. And when this kink/fetish/lifestyle/what-have-you is, in part, a cause, I'm unable to be honest.

Have you ever heard of an ABDL specific AA meeting group? If not, I wonder if interested parties might want to start something over zoom.
Just an idea.
Take care.
How do you think your ABDL is the cause or contributes to your alcoholism?
You know you don't have to reveal you ABDL, right?

AA Alcoholics Anonymous
Your identity is anonymous.

Dec 5 of this year I am 3 years sober.
Like you I went to AA and yes it was a lot of asking God for forgiveness and the strength to quit drinking. I'm not a believer in God so this did not work for me.
I joined some subs on reddit and I would contribute to an extent. But it wasn't for me.
It was going thru all this that I came to the realization that my drinking wasn't an addiction, it was a habit.
How did I come to this conclusion?
Simple:
It was simply by comparing myself to the alcoholics I was listening to.
I didn't have the withdrawals of alcoholism. I didn't crave it. I wasn't miserable. I didn't withdraw from family, friends and work. I functioned like I did when I was drinking except without the alcohol and hangovers.

Then there was the forgiveness shit. I've seen so many examples of ppl that have been on the wagon, sometimes for months, fall off and then there's an outpouring of support and forgiveness from their fellow alcoholics. All so nicey nice. " OH it's ok" to " this happens sometimes" to "you gotta ask God for forgiveness".
I'm like "You stupid fuck, what the hell were you thinking?" I had no patience for that kind of thinking and had to get out of the subs and meetings before I really offended somebody.

Like I said, I'm 3 years alcohol free and I've never been happier.

This is only me and my experience. I knew that AA wasn't for me.

I believe there is already a thread dedicated to alcoholism here on the site.

Last edited:
Reactions: chamberpot, odd1inSyde, Wondercrinkee and 1 other person

Abdlchriscrinkle

Crinkly rock star!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Nowididit said:
"you gotta ask God for forgiveness".
I'm like "You stupid fuck, what the hell were you thinking?" I had no patience for that kind of thinking and had to get out of the subs and meetings before I really offended somebody.

Hahahahaha I agree with you, and totally understand your outlook on this.

I have two good buddies that went through the EXACT paths like you, and only succeeded when they started believing in themselves.

Congrats on kicking the HABIT, happy for you man.

Last edited:
Reactions: odd1inSyde and Wondercrinkee

fleckothefennec

I am fennec hear me scree
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
odd1inSyde said:

Just an idea.
Take care.
I have not had a specific abdl aa meeting but have discussed my diaper fetish and my alcohol issues with a therapist.

The two are definitely connected for me, when I drink I want to engage in dl more, when I engage in dl I want to drink more.

I'm definitely down for chats regarding support 👍 but I'm not down for zoom etc.

Reactions: chamberpot, DLYUL, odd1inSyde and 1 other person

NappiedSissyJessica

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
odd1inSyde said:

Just an idea.
Take care.
Yes honestly is part of it, but there’s a difference between honesty and privacy. You don’t have to share parts of your life that are private.

Reactions: chamberpot, odd1inSyde and Wondercrinkee

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Why not chat discord

Subtlerustle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
odd1inSyde said:
No, of course I'm not trying to kick ABDL, haha. I learned a while ago it's part of me, and I can't get rid of it. I am, however, trying to kick alcohol!
Maybe I’m confused but you seem comfortable about your abdl side yet it’s the source of the alcohol problem? If I got it wrong, sorry.

odd1inSyde

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Subtlerustle said:
Maybe I’m confused but you seem comfortable about your abdl side yet it’s the source of the alcohol problem? If I got it wrong, sorry.
No worries! I'm not comfortable with it, I've just given up trying to beat it. The guilt, shame, issues communicating with partners, etc, is very strong.

Thanks for all of your responses everyone. Discord is a good idea. And @Nowididit, congrats on your sobriety!

lulu22

Your true colours are beautiful 🌈
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
odd1inSyde said:

Just an idea.
Take care.
Hi, bit of a latecomer to this post but it is very much of interest to me. Hope you're navigating the trigger-fest that is Xmas OK.

I'm on the fringes of two 12 step programmes, I don't think it particularly matters which ones, addiction is addiction to me, I've had a range of issues through my life and do not judge anyone for trying to cope with shit in whatever way they can. Most important thing is to still be here and trying to live my life.

I've found the 12 step work I've done beneficial but after starting out as a dogged adherant I now very much "take what I like and leave the rest" as they say. Some would say that's not doing it properly, I say whatever works, works.

A big issue for me at the moment is wanting to share about my little side but not feeling safe to do that in meetings. In short, I used to think my little side was part of the problem but having done some major self acceptance, i now see it as central to my solution. So i dont wanna sideline it. I've tried sharing in heavily veiled terms but the effort involved in navigating that distracts me from what I'm trying to say. Also, as you say, honesty/openness are important. At the moment I feel like I have to keep this part of me a secret, when what I'd really like is to feel safe enough to be open about it as and when it's relevant.

I have also thought for some time that the ABDL community may benefit from anonymous meetings like you find in 12 step. I know I would. But not to work towards giving anything up, just for support and connection. Zoom works for me, I can show my face while keeping everything else private. Its the standard for the 12 step meetings I go to.

I have searched for ABDL friendly meetings in both my programmes, haven't found anything. If you're still interested in starting something, please let me know, I'm up for it 😀

Reactions: dogboy and DLYUL

chamberpot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I was never able to use the 12 step program, I had a very very bad drinking problem from around 14 years old until I was 30, I was (am) a functioning alcoholic, I know I am still an alcoholic even though i have been sober for over a bit over 38 years. My method to stay sober is to tell everyone i meet that i don't drink, and then I have to show that I am a man of my word, it works for me. I hope that anyone that is struggling with any addiction problem that they find what works for them and that they are able to stay free from wahever addition it is that they want to be free from.

Last edited:
Reactions: lulu22

lulu22

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
chamberpot said:
I was never able to use the 12 step program, I had a very very bad drinking problem from around 14 years old until I was 38, I was (am) a functioning alcoholic, I know I am still an alcoholic even though i have been sober for over a bit over 30 years. My method to stay sober is to tell everyone i meet that i don't drink, and then I have to show that I am a man of my word, it works for me. I hope that anyone that is struggling with any addiction problem that they find what works for them and that they are able to stay free from wahever addition it is that they want to be free from.
Congratulations on your sobriety 👊

Reactions: chamberpot

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I occasionally have to tell people that I don't drink. It's because I had a bleeding ulcer in 1985 and I don't care to go through that again. After the ulcer and blood transfusions, I quit cold turkey and didn't miss it at all.

Reactions: lulu22

lulu22

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Good to hear you value yourself and your health this highly