Not open for further replies.

petitewhimsy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Do you ever feel a sinking sense of loneliness as an AB? A sense of wanting to be cared for, needing that parental figure, a craving to be little, and finding yourself alone and bogged down with adult responsibilities?

I apologize, I am venting, and wanted to know if anyone has ever felt the same, or similar.

You want to suck your thumb, but you feel guilty for not taking on responsibilities. You're afraid to slip into a little headspace because there is no one there to guide or help you. You feel guilty for wanting this at all, and when you realize it's something you need, deeply, you feel even worse. You feel ashamed.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I think what you're describing is probably pretty common, it's just that most of us have a very specific outlet for it. It's not that unusual to feel temporarily overwhelmed with adult responsibilities and obviously loneliness is a thing for most people at one time or another. I don't say this to trivialize what you're feeling but to suggest that you're not so alone as you might think, even compared to so-called normal folks. Our feelings are decidedly human, it's just that our solution is unusual. Don't feel so guilty about it but also recognize that you're the best caregiver you could have in many ways. It's great to share but be good with yourself first.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I think most ab's experience similar feelings, at least from time to time. Feelings of guilt and shame will decrease as one gains self-acceptance, but often loneliness lingers when the ab lacks a caregiver. I have my moments when I wish I wasn't like this, and I also have times where I feel needy for the love and attention of a caregiver.

petitewhimsy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Thank you. It can be hard to be good to myself, but that is good advice. :)

- - - Updated - - -

*hugs* I definitely related. I wish my feelings of guilt and shame would lessen, but they seem to come in waves. I often wish I wasn't like this because I fear others being angry with me or looking down upon me if they knew.

BigKid25

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
The way I see it is, this loneliness drives us to seek out other people who are like us. Of course, that's only if people look at this situation positively, but we should always strive to find a bright side to life.

Like Trevor said, a lot of people feel loneliness already without having something like AB/DL desires thrown on them. That being said, it's understandable you feel alone and ashamed from time to time. But use that as motivation to find someone who can fill that caretaker role. When you find someone whom you can finally have a deep attachment with, it will be all the sweeter for having gone through those periods of distress.

So keep moving forward and look towards finding someone you can connect with. But if you're feeling like you can't stay motivated and positive, just come on back to ADISC and we'll always be happy to help out with a sympathetic ear.

petitewhimsy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
*smiles* Thank you. I appreciate this comment so much. It reminds me why I joined adisc in the first place. :)

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hey there, remember this: YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I know exactly how you feel. I've struggled with the guilt for years but the older I get the more I've come to accept it. The loneliness on the other hand, is another matter. I feel very lonely too because I crave to be loved and cared for but since I've finally found a mommy I'm hoping things will change. Be strong! *hugs*

futurepunk92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I can definitely speak to being lonely, if it's any consolation. I'd do absolutely anything to have someone in my life who would nurture and embrace my little side.

I hope that you can find comfort in the fact that you're not alone.

ClandestineWing

Gomamon Supreme(ly diapered)
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
A craving to be little, yes. Actual loneliness, not from these interests specifically, but I can sympathize completely. Sometimes there are obstacles in our lives where we feel overwhelmed and need someone to confide to, but there isn't anyone who can appropriately help. This should serve as a reminder that you're not alone.

M

Marka

I think what you're describing is probably pretty common, it's just that most of us have a very specific outlet for it. It's not that unusual to feel temporarily overwhelmed with adult responsibilities and obviously loneliness is a thing for most people at one time or another. I don't say this to trivialize what you're feeling but to suggest that you're not so alone as you might think, even compared to so-called normal folks. Our feelings are decidedly human, it's just that our solution is unusual. Don't feel so guilty about it but also recognize that you're the best caregiver you could have in many ways. It's great to share but be good with yourself first.

[+1: Excellent perspectives bringing practical advice, while balancing and embracing the oddities with humanity and one's self]

Thank you, Trevor and petitewhimsy!

-Marka

ozbub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
At times, I have also experienced an overwhelming sense of loneliness as a direct result of being AB/Little. Even though I am responsible and consistently meet my responsibilities, I nevertheless sometimes feel quite vulnerable and lost with an intense desire to be cared for. Yes, I guess this may be a typical human response, but the very specific nature of the experience (genuinely feeling very much as a little person awkwardly trapped within an adult body) can result in an extraordinary sense of loneliness.

Fortunately, guilt is not something I often feel since coming to terms with who I am, but being unable to express myself appropriately when I need to leaves me desperately frustrated and miserable, yes and longing to suck my thumb :( having to bury those desires when they most need attending to, is painfully tough. I truly believe though that all feelings of shame associated with this can be overcome through self-acceptance....even if that doesn't always allow you the freedom you deserve.

babydavie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I also feel the same way as everyone has mentioned. I often wonder why I've has to deal with thisy whole life. Bitten when I have a chance to act out my AB side I feel a sence of peace for a while- until the loneliness creeps back on knowing that my wife will never be accepting of this.....

petitewhimsy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Thank you! *hugs* I'm hoping that as time progresses I'll at least be able to accept this a little more. Congrats on finding a Mommy. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. In my limited experience of telling people, they will accept it, but not nurture or embrace it. I hope I some day find someone who can and that you do as well. And thank you, I am glad I am not alone in this. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I think that that is very true. It's difficult to find someone who can appropriately help.

- - - Updated - - -

I can certainly relate to the feeling of vulnerability and the desire to be cared for. I think the reason that I feel so guilty for it is that I feel as though I don't deserve to be cared for in that way. I definitely get the feeling like you are little trapped in an adult body emotion. It is hard when one cannot express themselves appropriately. *hugs* Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

I've dealt with this for awhile as well. I'm sorry you too experience this loneliness. *hugs*

Resplasboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
I have had many times of loneliness, I think you lose touch with reality and become distant with people.
I've begun to accept it, that's why I'm here and other places, to meet, learn, and enjoy being me.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
When I was much younger, I not only felt guilty about what I did, I was convinced I was crazy. Over the years I've accepted it. As of late, I have been more open in front of my wife, and she has participated in recognizing my "acting out" as a toddler. It is a nice feeling, so I can understand how others would like to express these desires with someone else, especially someone in a caregiver role.

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
At times, I have also experienced an overwhelming sense of loneliness as a direct result of being AB/Little. Even though I am responsible and consistently meet my responsibilities, I nevertheless sometimes feel quite vulnerable and lost with an intense desire to be cared for. Yes, I guess this may be a typical human response, but the very specific nature of the experience (genuinely feeling very much as a little person awkwardly trapped within an adult body) can result in an extraordinary sense of loneliness.

Fortunately, guilt is not something I often feel since coming to terms with who I am, but being unable to express myself appropriately when I need to leaves me desperately frustrated and miserable, yes and longing to suck my thumb :( having to bury those desires when they most need attending to, is painfully tough. I truly believe though that all feelings of shame associated with this can be overcome through self-acceptance....even if that doesn't always allow you the freedom you deserve.

This is me completely!

Bebispojken

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I have been feeling really bad about my "AB", first i really hated it, and as older i get it has been more and more of hoo i am - its a BIG part of my person.
Its to important to me to be a Adultbaby - its my EMERGENCY BLOW OUT! when Everything else is hard and i feel its to much in my brain. (aspie)

So to become an AdultBaby is my way to handel all this hard thigs.

Before i accepted this as a big part of me, i just feldt that suicide Wold be the way to get out, i did try to stop been a AB, but no, 2 weeks later i was back again. but when i found out many more friedns with both aspie and using dipers to, i came to a Point there were i found it okey
And many aspies, i say not every one, but many of them are using diapers, soo it feels okey today to be this Little one i am.

So no on im telling people online in "find love online" sites, that im an aspie and im yusing diapers, it has been really easy from scratch to do soo.

regards
M

browne

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I cant say being alone bothers me as I been an outcast so to speech since high school and I spend a lot of time on my own when working and at home. I have a gf who is ab but I don't get to see her much but I have become use to it over the years.

dw2169

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I am lonely in a room full of people. I have not been successful in finding friends into this lifestyle at all which is surprising in a city of almost 100,000 people. It must be because of the location. If it was not for the internet, I think I would go crazy. I really appreciate sites like this for the ability to talk to others like me and know that I am not alone for feeling the way that I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.