AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of a minor one here, but a lot of the commercials I've seen lately for "30 Minutes or Less" say "Wear a diaper; it's that good" at the end of them. :p

Last edited:
Ghjkl said:
I liked the diaper scenes in Rugrats. My favorite is the scene in the direct-to-DVD Snow White movie that my profile pic comes from. I also like the Diaper Factory song in that same movie (which I uploaded to YouTube, but it got removed), as well as an obvious scene from the original theatrical Rugrats Movie.

Yes, a Diaper Factory song. It's a song about diapers composed by Mark Mothersbaugh of Devo. Judging from the lyrics, I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of us.

I had a buddy isolate and send me the clip from that! Cute song. With lyrics like that, it really makes you wonder about him. But Devo is kinda weird to begin with :p

Tonights episode of Futurama, season 6 episode idk. The professor gets yetism and Zoidberg performs surgery on the entire crew. The crew goes to a real doctor and ask for help. Bender asks "can you help me doc?". The doctor replies "What's wrong with you?". Bender replies "Incontinent." He then lifts his robe revealing an old school cloth diaper.

Just found this episode whilst looking through my fav. TV-series website:

NG Extreme Lives - The Adult Baby (2011)

What makes a grown man want to spend half his adult life as a nappy-wearing baby? Or have one wife
in a virtual world with another in reality? Plus, witness the ?300 bespoke 'Reborn' babies as they
meet their new mums. In this episode, meet people who merge fantasy and reality into their day-to-day lives.

Downloading it now, I'll watch it later and tell you about it guys ;)

yeah I have. there might be a thread somewhere on it.

GSN has a great dating game show called "Baggage", hosted by Jerry Springer. In it, three potential suitors reveal three suitcases, inside which are increasingly embarrassing secrets about themselves. The usual kind of stuff includes "I cheated on my ex with her best friend", "I drink pickle juice every day", "I have a room dedicated to 3000 'Star Wars' action figures" -- things like that.

Recently they had two diaper mentions. One man's biggest piece of baggage was "My girlfriend must wear a diaper in the bedroom". When he revealed this, the woman who was doing the picking got an incredulous look on her face and said she was speechless. The man explained that it started out as baby talk with an ex, then evolved into roleplay, and that it helps him feel like he's in control. Unfortunately, he didn't go into specifics about whether he had ever gotten another woman to agree to this. But I wanted to high five the guy, because that's just awesome. Later in the show, the woman doing the picking chose him, and then she had to open one big piece of baggage of her own. Hers was "I fake all my orgasms for time management." Jerry Springer asked her why she would do this, and she said she's just too busy to wait around, and then joked "Maybe I'm just tired of the diaper!" The diaper fetish guy then had to decide if he would choose her, and he did. Before they went on their date, he said to her in baby talk "Your wubuh is ready", or something like that.

This past weekend they had the first episode of "Baggage First Dates", in which they followed one couple who had met on "Baggage" as they had their first time out. I hadn't seen the original episode, but the woman on the date was about 50, and her baggage on the show was "I wear adult diapers." Before the date, they showed her getting ready at her place, and an unopened bag of Depend Underwear for Women was on her sink. Of course we know that the underwear isn't technically a diaper. They never showed her in the underwear. During the date, the man said afterward in his interview that he was wondering if she was wearing a diaper on the date. Jerry Springer made a few jokes about "It depends" and about her doubling up on her diapers, because the man had pet pit bulls and a pet tiger. The woman joked in her interview that when she was confronted with the pit bulls, she peed her pants. Later in the date, she knew that they had to talk about her baggage, and said that she has a condition where she has to go to the bathroom every two hours and pretty much all night. The man said that she seemed to have been fine, and hadn't needed to go to the bathroom during the date. She replied "Oh, I've been going!"

I keep watching the show hoping for more diaper-centric baggage.

generalmico said:
Here's Big Brother From the Philippines
YouTube - 01052010-121111.avi

The day before, they were caught peeing on the wall when all of the toilets were full; their bladder was so full that they were forced to do so.. They were forced to wear diapers and pee in it as punishment for an entire day..

AdultInnocence said:
Racooon: have you thought about taking all the links here and putting it in the first post? 64 pages makes it kind of tough to find everything.

Tyra Banks: YouTube - Tyra Banks - About AB/DL
Secret Lives of Women - Baby Ella YouTube - Secret Lives of Women - Baby Ella

A couple more positive views.

All major win.

Dash from 'The Incredibles' wants to be in diapers

I was feeling a bit little and wanted to watch a cartoon, and i know that a lot of people in here read too much into things and say "oh my goodness... he said the word diaper, he must be an ABDL" and i dont really believe that is how this is meant, but i did notice it for the first time in the 10 times i have watched this movie. And i thought it was funny.

Notice Dash's reaction and words at 5:40 in the following clip...
The Incredibles Part 2 - YouTube
[video=youtube;dvw4Bg5UozE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvw4Bg5UozE[/video]

Made me LOL when i saw it.

(PS. I understand Dash is a minor in this movie and that it is copywrited.. if the link needs to be taken down... i understand)

I have to say that is one that's a bit out there. I never caught that before!

That's actually quite amusing :3

Raccoon said:
There are only so many ways it will be portrayed in the media:
1. documentary - which will either be some sensational tabloid thing or else some really dry academic thesis from sociology or psychology. The term "paraphillic infantilism" is a giveaway.
2. parody
3. straight - but this will be diaper ads, whether for kids or adults, or something on bedwetting or disability: which isn't "for fun." If the presence of diapers is treated as "no big thing" then that almost sensationalizes the issue.

I honestly don't know what a "sympathetic portrayal" would look like. Ideas, anyone? Examples?

I completely agree the only awareness portrayed would be in the form of the sensationalist mockumentory or comedic parodies. I agree there should be a greater tolerance for a lot of facets in society that are considered taboo, but; and maybe I'm playing the devil's advocate here, on what level do we really need more 'acceptable' media coverage? The media I feel will 99% of the time entertain viewers first rather than educate viewers.

In the comic series Spirou and Fantasio nr. 19, there's a evil scientist that has lost his mind and acts like a 8th month old baby. Spirou, Fantasio and the Count of Champignac has to take care of this scientist while someone is out to catch him.
http://storage.canalblog.com/60/42/761447/56204285.jpg

Two and a Half Men

Ok, I was just watching the new episode of Two and a Half Men, and the housekeeper recommended Allan adult diapers. And the other character (Ashton Kutcher) is using baby shampoo. Did anybody else just notice this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back