AB/DL Parent Question #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babystevie26

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Inspired in part by Pramrider's earlier two posts, I had a question of my own about what AB/DLs might do if they were parents in the following situation:

What would you, as an AB/DL parent, do if your child came to you confessing that they had a desire to wear diapers? Alternatively, what would you do if you discovered diapers they had hidden, but they didn't know you had discovered them? What about if you caught them wearing a diaper?

Since it was near-unanimous in Pramrider's thread on the matter, we can probably assume the child in question is unaware of their parent's AB/DL tendencies.

Would you confide your own AB/DL side in this instance, to help them understand? Would you try to discourage them? Encourage them? Would you allow them to wear diapers? Forbid it?

For me, I can only guess (of course), having no kids. I had a story idea that I've yet to write based on this prospect. Depending on the nature of the scenario, I like to think I'd allow them to have diapers, but conditionally. If they did their chores/homework/etc, and were otherwise responsibility free, they could do so. They could be taken away as punishment, as well. Forbidding diapers seems cruel, especially when I could sympathize with their position to a large degree. But at the same time, letting them go whole hog would seem a bad idea, too. To me, the way to go feels like it should be to let them know they aren't doing anything wrong, but at the same time make sure they understand this kind of thing should be kept private.

But that's just my attempt to form an opinion. I could be wrong.

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't think I would tell my child of my likes/desires, etc., but I would not discourage theirs. I would equate it to this - if your child came to you and asked about any sort of fetish, sexual practice, etc., would you say "Well, your mom and I do XXX," or "I fantasize about XXX when I masturbate." Your son or daughter is expressing their desires and not asking about yours. Would you want your parent to tell you about their fatishes, desires, practices?

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
i would play it as neutral as possible without being condescending or discouraging, yet not saying "go ahead! wear around your friends and relatives!!"

growlycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
Would you want your parent to tell you about their fatishes, desires, practices?
he's got a good point. because i CERTAINLY dont want to hear anything like that from my parents.
but i would, empathetically, not discourage anything like that unless it were damaging.

Last edited:

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I wouldn't talk about myself. I'd just tell him, what he does with his life is largely his business.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I would confront my kid about it. There's always the chance that he is having medical problems that need to be dealt with. If there are no medical problems I'll just act surprised but not judging. I'll let him use diapers if he wants as long as it doesn't notably interfere with other things. There's no way I'd tell him/her about my DL side though. That would just feel to awkward.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Depends on the child, and their age etc.

On the whole I'd probably turn a blind eye, but when they acted suspicious I'd know why and give them room. I'd probably check their internet history to make sure they weren't on Deeker's or anything...

If they came out to me I'd just be supportive etc. I wouldn't get involved other than offering support, I wouldn't buy them diapers for example.

B

Butterfly Mage

I don't have any kids. But if I had a child that had diaper interests, my first reaction would be to make sure he/she didn't have any genuine medical/psychological problems that needed to be addressed. After that, I would certainly be emotionally supportive and non-judgemental. I would NOT disclose my own interests, however.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
Is beating them over the head with a 2x4 an option. All the while your husban is killing your cats by putting them in the oven....

Ah I'd ignore it and set him/her up a paypal.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I would be accepting, but equally feign ignorance. The child would benifit from the acceptance, but doesn't need to know that the parent does it. In fact, probably wouldn't want to know that the parent does it. I wouldn't helpt them buy stuff or anything, but wouldn't react against it either. The idea would be to encourage it to remain private like it should be.

The only case where it would be benifical to tell the child that you share the same interests I think would be if they were depressed over it. In that case, it could be helpful to know someone who understands it - though I think a parent would be the worst possible person to be doing that roll, probably.

dprdinky

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
So the question is, Me being an ab/dl as a parent, what would I do if I found out my child was wearing diapers?

If the child was of a pre-teen, I would be very cautious and determine why the child was wanting to do it, including excluding any medical issues. Most times I would think a pre-teen child would be pretty innocent about knowing why they would be wearing otherwise. Most likely convince the child to not to do it on a regular basis. I don't know if I'd go so far as helping them to purchase diapers at this point, but try to give a little bit of room for themselves.

As for a Teen, I would also want to preclude medical issues, but if otherwise would try to be supportive and understanding. If the diapers were found I would not say anything and give the child an opportunity to share on their own if they would feel it necessary to do so.

Never, in anyway would I bring up the fact I was an AB/DL myself. Very inappropriate.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
So the question is, Me being an ab/dl as a parent, what would I do if I found out my child was wearing diapers?

If the child was of a pre-teen, I would be very cautious and determine why the child was wanting to do it, including excluding any medical issues. Most times I would think a pre-teen child would be pretty innocent about knowing why they would be wearing otherwise. Most likely convince the child to not to do it on a regular basis. I don't know if I'd go so far as helping them to purchase diapers at this point, but try to give a little bit of room for themselves.

As for a Teen, I would also want to preclude medical issues, but if otherwise would try to be supportive and understanding. If the diapers were found I would not say anything and give the child an opportunity to share on their own if they would feel it necessary to do so.

Never, in anyway would I bring up the fact I was an AB/DL myself. Very inappropriate.

Hadn't had a chance to answer any of the deeper threads lately. But, looking over the replies thus far, I'm pretty much 100% in agreement with dprdinky on the topic.

No matter how much my child opened up to me about his/her diaper wearing desires, I would not disclose my AB side. That's one activity it wouldn't feel right to be together in on a family level. Best for each person to keep their particular activity to themselves. Closest either of our kids have been to being TBs is sleeping with a plushie.

~Pramrider

D

daria7483

I might consider disclosing my AB side if and only if my kid confessed to wearing, or I caught her (I'm assuming it's a daughter, but either gender), and she really seemed to be insecure and needing reassurance that she wasn't a freak. I would word it something like "when I was your age I did that sometimes too. Maybe it's hereditary."

Well, now that I'm writing that out, I'm questioning whether I'd really want to say that.

In any case, if my kid wasn't in severe need of reassurance I wouldn't disclose that I ever wore diapers past potty training. I think I'd just instead tell my kid that I wasn't going to interfere but didn't need details either. I would at least ask a couple of questions -- one being "where are you getting your info about this?" and the other, "how are you getting them?" I would want to be sure that my kid was not stealing or doing anything dangerous to get diapers and was not visiting inappropriate websites, and I'd probably have a conversation with her about internet safety.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It'd have to depend on the situation really.
If they were of age to start knowing what a fetish actually is, I might tell them to comfort them.
But even then that is kind of iffy.
Most likely I'd just reassure them that's it is fine, and that there are many other people out there who do the same things.
Most of all I would make sure that I don't hate them, am not disappointed in them, and still love them.

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
I'd probably tell them:
Son/Hun (depending if girl or boy :p), it's okay that you want to wear, and I find it perfectly acceptable, and I support you. But I'm NOT going to change/baby you, buy you diapers, or give you money to buy any baby related item. You're going to have to buy on your own with your own money that YOU earn. You are to be responsible with this though, because if kids find out at school and make fun of you, you know there's nothing I can do.

And that's pretty much it :p *brick'd for lame speech*

Status
Not open for further replies.