AB/DL Derived from Abuse

PapaBear001

Come say hello to Papa Bear!
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I am wondering if anyone else here knows or believe their AB/DL behavior was caused by early childhood abuse.

I have brought this up in other "origin" type discussions. I know from my family that my sisters and I were abused by our baby-sitters. It is hard to talk about.

It is nice to know that many of you did not go through this.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
It's possible, I know I was abused, neglected, and forgotten a lot. I never had a childhood since I was forced to take care of myself from an early age. I do believe it's what cause my ABDL traits, but I'm sure this can be triggered by other means as well.

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I think that there are many kinds of abuse, there is the classic "physical/violence" and then there are more subtle versions, verbal/neglect.

From talking extensively with my niece who is a family therapist, the new "buzz word" is trauma... which can take many forms from what I stated above to other things that have a lasting negative impact on ones psyche.

I think that through allot of looking back and talking to my siblings a big part of "me" came from neglect. Not the classic kind of neglect but much more subtle. I was the 5th of 5, About 4 years apart. By the time I came around my mom had turned the child care over to my sisters who were now at "prime time party time" age, my parents traveled extensively and would be away up to 6 weeks at a time. So I was either in my older siblings care or perhaps a paid sitter. Either way being at that age 0-4 and constantly separated from my mother, I guess it had a long lasting effect.

The theory continues, that if you missed a "landmark" event during your development stages you continually want to go back... to get it right. Is it any wonder that I want to regress to that age and find the love and caring that was missed? My wife "momma2moosey" has beautifully stepped into that role as mommy for me, she is wonderful, and now I know unconditional love. She is constantly filling this hole in my heart, and she makes my heart smile.

I dont want to leave the impression that I was somehow abused, in the classic sense as that would diminish what others have had to endure. It just took on a different more subtle form. My parents loved me, they did what they thought was the best for me... who knew? And if they had known I would have turned out this way I am sure they would have done things differently. I am not a bad person, I am very successful and happily married, I just have a unique character trait.

PapaBear001

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
It's possible, I know I was abused, neglected, and forgotten a lot. I never had a childhood since I was forced to take care of myself from an early age. I do believe it's what cause my ABDL traits, but I'm sure this can be triggered by other means as well.
Yes. From reading the forum I am finding most people have a more casual transition or from medical needs.

Janvier

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I have no evidence of abuse and my childhood was pretty golden. I suppose it could have happened and I don’t remember, but I doubt it. So you can put me in the “NO” column.

PapaBear001

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think that there are many kinds of abuse, there is the classic "physical/violence" and then there are more subtle versions, verbal/neglect.

From talking extensively with my niece who is a family therapist, the new "buzz word" is trauma... which can take many forms from what I stated above to other things that have a lasting negative impact on ones psyche.

I think that through allot of looking back and talking to my siblings a big part of "me" came from neglect. Not the classic kind of neglect but much more subtle. I was the 5th of 5, About 4 years apart. By the time I came around my mom had turned the child care over to my sisters who were now at "prime time party time" age, my parents traveled extensively and would be away up to 6 weeks at a time. So I was either in my older siblings care or perhaps a paid sitter. Either way being at that age 0-4 and constantly separated from my mother, I guess it had a long lasting effect.

The theory continues, that if you missed a "landmark" event during your development stages you continually want to go back... to get it right. Is it any wonder that I want to regress to that age and find the love and caring that was missed? My wife "momma2moosey" has beautifully stepped into that role as mommy for me, she is wonderful, and now I know unconditional love. She is constantly filling this hole in my heart, and she makes my heart smile.

I dont want to leave the impression that I was somehow abused, in the classic sense as that would diminish what others have had to endure. It just took on a different more subtle form. My parents loved me, they did what they thought was the best for me... who knew? And if they had known I would have turned out this way I am sure they would have done things differently. I am not a bad person, I am very successful and happily married, I just have a unique character trait.
I am the youngest of 4 siblings. My two sisters are the oldest. My parents worked at a local factory so we needed a baby-sitter. These two married pervs had two teen daughters that were getting too old for their needs and focused on my sisters. They used me as leverage. I was meek and vulnerable at 5 yo. They put me in diapers and "played" with me before parading me around my sisters. This worked for a little while before my sisters demanded that we did not return. My Mom was forced to quit her job. I don't think they explained things to my Mom. I am missing many details from my own memories but both my sisters indepenently explained things to me when I was 26 yo.

I count myself fortunate that I did not become an abuser myself but I have all sorts of issues related to this abuse. I have discussed these things with therapists but the struggle continues...

PapaBear001

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I realize this is a terrible topic to discuss. I thank you guys for reading my post. There isn't really anything that can be said about my situation. I want to encourage people who went through something horrible that they can talk about it. Also, a reminder and example of why you should seek professional help if you have a problem.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
There seems to be a trend in ABDL origin threads the last two days.

I would like to take a moment and direct everyone to Bitter Grays Papers on "Paraphilic Infantilism". There is a lot on "Love mapping" and other effects in child hood that triggers ABDL.

Surprising enough the amount of Child abuse and Diaper Discipline has a rather small amount of cause to ABDL.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I was abused by my cousins when I was very young. They were the Lenni Lenape side of my family and I was adopted, so not Native American. I think they took their frustrations out on me. Anyway, they had a lot of fun at my young expense. Eventually my parents moved away from them and my mom wouldn't associate with my dad's side of the family. I also was adopted at the age of two so who knows what I experienced the first two years of my life.

There are other theories however as to why we are compelled to wear diapers. The attachment theory is a good one to explore.

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I definitely believe it was in my case somewhat indirectly.
Some abuse while I was in kindergarden gave me a punishment fetish. The diapers were just a radical version of that (partially caused by other bathroom anxiety like as frequently overflowing toilets in school, etc...).

Furrytum

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
For me? No. My mother wasn't one for displays of affection, and my dad was hardly around..but there wasn't any abuse.

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
I'll go out on a limb here and say, for the majority of diaper lovers, the attraction to diapers is strong and generally evokes pleasant and often exciting feelings. It may be embarrassing to admit but the intensity of these emotions are on par with emotions usually reserved for people with whom we have a close, personal relationship. Diaper love appears to be fundamentally different from simply having an acquired taste, such as a love for chocolate or model railroads. These emotions come from deeper levels of our personality and feel natural, almost as if we were born with them.

I've never been a fan of theories based on pop-psychology as explanations for these feelings. In my years of getting information from books, articles, and documentaries, I've never run across any reason to believe a love for diapers, or any other unusual love interest, could be directly caused by abuse. Childhood experiences definitely do influence our later emotional attachments, but not in ways most people think. Some people might believe some kind of reverse psychology is going on that converts the extremely unpleasant experience of abuse into an extremely pleasant, but seemingly crazy, attraction to some object, but, again, I've found no real reason to believe this, especially since there are more rational explanations.

Those are my beliefs, anyway.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'll go out on a limb here and say, for the majority of diaper lovers, the attraction to diapers is strong and generally evokes pleasant and often exciting feelings. It may be embarrassing to admit but the intensity of these emotions are on par with emotions usually reserved for people with whom we have a close, personal relationship. Diaper love appears to be fundamentally different from simply having an acquired taste, such as a love for chocolate or model railroads. These emotions come from deeper levels of our personality and feel natural, almost as if we were born with them.
I love model railroads and diapers and I've often wondered if liking model trains made me want to be back in diapers. There are a lot of people on this site who like model trains. Okay, I'm seriously kidding.

SunshineGirl

It's Sunshine Girl!
Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
I believe that was the case with me. I grew up with a parent addicted to heroin, so I had to grow up when I was very young and often times, care for that parent.

Evahasgone2

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think my love of diapers is due to having responsibilities thrust upon me as a young girl. both my parents worked and I had run of the house. I enjoyed pooping my panties and it got quite expensive replacing the panties. I started baby sitting at age 12 so I had ample access to diapers and so my love of diapers flourished !! I enjoyed the feel of warm poop on my vagina and my rectum,, it was sexually gratifying for me..

Starlight12

Pinkie pie the diaper pie.
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little
When I was first put into foster care they used diapers as punishment it was horrible they even hurt me physically and mentally but yeah that’s where my love of diapers came from.

ToryBoy

Sunshine Evermore
Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Other
I really don't know when it comes to abuse although I think that attachment could come into it. I was adopted at a young age although I dare say that my attachment disorder (developed as a result of early childhood inconsistency with care, or lack thereof) may be a contributing factor towards my use of nappies.

Isle

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover

I've never been a fan of theories based on pop-psychology as explanations for these feelings. In my years of getting information from books, articles, and documentaries, I've never run across any reason to believe a love for diapers, or any other unusual love interest, could be directly caused by abuse. Childhood experiences definitely do influence our later emotional attachments, but not in ways most people think. Some people might believe some kind of reverse psychology is going on that converts the extremely unpleasant experience of abuse into an extremely pleasant, but seemingly crazy, attraction to some object, but, again, I've found no real reason to believe this, especially since there are more rational explanations.

Those are my beliefs, anyway.
This resonates with me. The definition of fetish is that it is a replacement love object, as in it’s a sexual turn on. So in some sense it’s on a par with a sexual partner, but of course our love for our partner is much more multifaceted. I would be interested in reading the information about love mapping.
I think that since diapers are so comforting for us we may think it’s a reaction to abuse.

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
The definition of fetish is that it is a replacement love object, as in it’s a sexual turn on.
I look at it slightly differently. I don't see it as a replacement object but as another object added to the list of objects that turn us on. For some people it's a short list, but for many, this list of "objects" includes the "normal", human features that are supposed to turn us on.

CaterpillarSick

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I look at it slightly differently. I don't see it as a replacement object but as another object added to the list of objects that turn us on. For some people it's a short list, but for many, this list of "objects" includes the "normal", human features that are supposed to turn us on.
This is closer to the current definition of a fetish. It could be so severe as to be a complete replacement for human intimacy (which is typically classified as a disorder), but usually it’s just something that either is sexually stimulating or is needed for sexual gratification. Fetishes are specifically limited to a nonliving object or a nongenital body part.