A Windows Vista Problem- HELP PLEASE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Yes, all you mac lovers can laugh all you want against the people that have Windows, but not everyone can afford a Mac, sooooooooo, I have a problem with Vista, (MY ONLY PROBLEM WITH IT). It seems when ever I run anything in full screen, my screen will go black and the computer will stop responding. For example, I would watch a youtube video in full screen for like 30 seconds then the computer goes black, but I can still hear audio. I press the Escape button tro get out of full screen and a little box will pop up out of my event window and say this.

If my tiny bit of nerdyness is corect the ati part of the atikmdag must mean my ATI Graphics Card, right

Oh what to do? :dunno: :sad:

Please help! :wallbash: :damnpc:

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Try fully uninstalling / reinstalling your driver for your graphics card. If you don't know how, let us know.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Reinstalling the drivers dosen't always help. I have had the same problem on my old computer and reinstalling didn't help.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I have done that Fallen, it didn't work. ANd mm3, I have unistalled the drivers for my graphics card and nada happened.

But I have found a patch, but not a fix to the problem. I just turned of Windows Areo theme off and turned on Windows Vista Basic theme. But I also hear that it is just not ATI card users that are affected, Nvidia card users are reporting the same thing......

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Can't help you since my graphics card is another brand, but it happened to me once. I don't remember what caused it, but I think it happened while I was updating the driver, and I haven't had any other problem concerning that since then.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
How much memory(RAM) is you computer running on.

Jakethefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, , Carer
cant really help ya ywn, I ran vista and it gave me a similar graphix problem, I just went back to 2000, I will read up on it for ya

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
How much RAM you are using shouldn't matter. Even if it is an integrated chip, it shares anywhere from 8MB to 128MB or sometimes just a little more. You are running plenty.

TBH, I believe that it is just Vista's lack of full compatibility for that chipset. It is just happening randomly, and from what I can tell, the driver you are using is the correct one.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
How much RAM you are using shouldn't matter. Even if it is an integrated chip, it shares anywhere from 8MB to 128MB or sometimes just a little more. You are running plenty.

TBH, I believe that it is just Vista's lack of full compatibility for that chipset. It is just happening randomly, and from what I can tell, the driver you are using is the correct one.
Ya, it stopped as soon as I turned of the Windows Areo feature to the Windows Vista Basic theme, so I think your guess is correct...

Role
Diaper Lover
Warning, Windows has stop working, Upload error report? Yes, Problem was caused by Windows ( Or a 3rd party program not saying anything about what actually caused the crash). Restart computer or install Linux to continue.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Warning, Windows has stop working, Upload error report? Yes, Problem was caused by Windows ( Or a 3rd party program not saying anything about what actually caused the crash). Restart computer or install Linux to continue.
Or use your computer the right way:blowup:

Role
Babyfur
I've had many problems with Windows Vista. I've received that error several times, done nothing about it and nothing else happened. As soon as the software warranty is up on this computer I'm going back to Windows XP or possibly even Linux. I've had startup driver errors 5 times so far and the only way to fix that is to reformat. Vista sucks.

I don't think you really need to worry about it, its just the OS being stupid.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I've had many problems with Windows Vista. I've received that error several times, done nothing about it and nothing else happened. As soon as the software warranty is up on this computer I'm going back to Windows XP or possibly even Linux. I've had startup driver errors 5 times so far and the only way to fix that is to reformat. Vista sucks.

I don't think you really need to worry about it, its just the OS being stupid.
Works absolutely perfectly with me, I'm glad I purchased Vista instead of XP.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other

It was just a thought. I think that the vista display themes cause problems with the computer..so I alway use windows classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.