A "watched topics" function...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Maybe I'm missing it in this forum software, but a feature I use on another forum would be great here...

I'm a member of vwvortex.com, which uses Zeroforum, and there is a "watched topics" link, which directs to a list of all the topics that I've responded to recently, as well as any that I've manually subscribed to (via a "track this topic" link). Does this forum software have the same ability? It'd make it easier to keep track of convos I've been involved with, and see if they've progressed.

Thanks!

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
There's a list of subscribed topics in your Control Panel. Is this something that you could bend to your desire?

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
Added the following options to the "Search" menu:
(1) "Threads You Posted In Recently" - shows the threads you've posted in recently, a good way to find active threads you were contributing to.
(2) "Your Recent Posts" - shows your recently-created posts.
(3) "Your Recent Threads" - shows your recently-created threads.

This is based on the theory that, if you like a thread, you'll post to it, and my guess that few people use the 'subscribe to thread' feature.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
In your User CP you can set it so that every thread you reply to makes you subscribe to that thread. In addition to that, you can go to Thread Tools --> Subscribe to Thread to add it to your lists of subscriptions without needing to post in it.

Then, in your Home User CP (The first page you see when you click "User CP") the threads will appear under "New Subscribed Threads" where you can click them to take you to the thread. After the thread is clicked, it is marked as "read" and will disappear from that section in the User CP.

Alas, to view all of your subscribed threads you can click the "View all subscribed threads" link in the same section under "New Subscribd Threads", or optionally here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

EDIT: Wow, old topic. Didn't see the date XD.

This is based on the theory that, if you like a thread, you'll post to it, and my guess that few people use the 'subscribe to thread' feature.

Haha, actually I don't know what I would do without it! It's my key part of the software and I use it in every forum I'm a part of. It's really a nice feature once you find out about it.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
Just found this old suggestion while I was doing a review, and wanted to add that there's now a list of your "Recently Viewed Threads" under the "Search" bar.
So, even if you close the window by mistake, or have to leave in a hurry, you can still find that thread later. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.