Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I had my first experinence with diaper rash. It was aweful and painful. I thankfully had some rash cream on hand from a binge buy. It hurt like heck and I wanted nothing more than to make it go away. I'm now peacefully in a fresh diaper with a large amount of cream.

xtrabulk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Diaper rash sucks! My wife made some feminine wash and it has vinegar in it. Since I've been using it, I haven't even had the tingling you get before the rash. I think the vinegar does something with the ph to neutralize the pee. Glad you're diapered and among the living!

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I use Dr. Boudreaux's Butt Paste (the regular not the "green" one) which is good if you anticipate longer time in wet or you intend to poop. Other than that I use a Lotrimin talcum powder (which doesn't stem the rash as much as gets rid of some other problems).

E

Eldridge99

I've only had it a couple of times but you are so right. It is very painful especially while still in diapers and adding urine to your skin. I use Desitin but it's not an immediate fix as it takes a couple of days for it to totally go away. Xtrabulk sounds like he had the best solution.

BouncyBoy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I use Desenex Antifungal Powder, Cures Athletes Foot

I use it prentatively instead of baby powder and it works. Problem with most baby powder is it contains starch with fungus like a to eat. This does not

rustypins

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I see that you are not IC, so if possible, stay out of diapers for a while, even a day or so and just let your skin air out. Use the diaper rash creams but it will help, especially after a good shower to just go without a diaper or underwear for a bit and lay on your stomack naked so your skin has a chance to recover in fresh air. It's usually the combination of urine and feces together that causes a bad rash. Hope you get better.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Thankfully I feel much better. I think my rash is gone, but as adviced I'm going to stay out of diapers for a few days.

mattyd

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Anti-Monkey Butt Creme is pretty good and their associated powder, though pricey and hard to find. It has calamine in it. Johnson and Johnsons makes a baby powder that has the same active ingredient as in most diaper rash cream (zinc oxide), so that is helpful as well. One thing I found from experience is I almost always have to use diaper rash cream regularly or some sort of barrier with my skin, otherwise its pretty quick to develop diaper rash. I tend to use the equate diaper rash cream regularly to reduce some of the costs, it smells not fun so I usually put a little bit of baby powder to have a better smell.

poobrat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
  6. Other
I have mostly used corn starch baby powder and balmex rash creames,always wash diapers in hottest water and dreft detergents.usually no rashes.

FeekaDimension

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I've been using Desatin since I was a baby and actually NEEDED diapers... it still works (and smells) exactly like it used to!

Fascinating

Fascinating Lady - Fantastic in Plastic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
I've been using Desatin since I was a baby and actually NEEDED diapers... it still works (and smells) exactly like it used to!

I feel the same way. When I started wearing again I pulled it out of the first aid kit and thought how familiar it smelled. Now I use it for itching so it will not get any worse. I think I've only used it 2-3 times in the last few months.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I use zeesorb daily in the folds down below to keep my skin healthy. Before I started doing that, it was a constant battle. Now even if I push my luck and my skin get a bit red from a diaper that was on too tight etc, I don't get a breakout. Very thankful of that. Zeesort can be bought pretty cheaply on amazon, the best value is when it's sold in lots of 6 etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.