A temporary "cure" for bed wetting.

wiliawi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
So I donate blood quite a bit but not whole blood I donate platelets. I've noticed that every time I donate, I have a dry morning. Not even just dry but I wake up without even an urge right away, so not even close to being wet. I assumed that it was due to the blood donation. But with platelets they don't take that much liquid out of you so quite frankly I was a little surprised. I did a little bit more research and I found out that one of the things they do to you with the blood separated machine is include some additional starch that is used to help separate the blood products. My hypothesis is that this starch is absorbing water in my bloodstream, and consequently keeping me dry at night. It probably doesn't hurt that I typically give blood in the early evening. Even if I drink quite a bit of water after a donation, which I typically do because I'm thirsty, I still wake up dry. I was just curious if anybody else had noticed something similar?

Hemix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
It might be a physiological response to that lack of water, thine organism could release hormones to retain water.

Hast thou try to talk with an endocrinologist?