A smiley face on Mars?

Who here sees the smiley on Mars in the picture?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Hmmmm, so it seems that Mars has a lot of things just waiting to be discovered, as for this smiley face, I just wanted to know, who all here see it. (I do)

Last edited:

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I see it...in the picture, but I'm not sayin' the picture isn't 'doctored'.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
While it's probably just a random formation, yes I can definitely see it heheh.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Hahaha! That's interesting.... but it has to be edited. That can't actually be there, can it? o_O
When was this picture taken? Who is the source?

F

FullMetal

Hahaha! That's interesting.... but it has to be edited. That can't actually be there, can it? o_O
When was this picture taken? Who is the source?
Why does it have to be edited? Thats not that far out...its just rock formation.

FullMetal

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
I'm just surprised that there's ANOTHER thing on Mars that looks like something. There was that humanoid rock all over the internet a few weeks ago. And of course, there's Cydonia Mensae (the big face on Mars) I've sometimes wondered if this stuff indicates that there was once a civilization on Mars in the distant past or if it's just coincidence that these things look the way they do.

Woollyneck

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Other
I'm just surprised that there's ANOTHER thing on Mars that looks like something. There was that humanoid rock all over the internet a few weeks ago. And of course, there's Cydonia Mensae (the big face on Mars) I've sometimes wondered if this stuff indicates that there was once a civilization on Mars in the distant past or if it's just coincidence that these things look the way they do.
I'm pretty sure it's just coincidence. Human brains are hard-wired to see patterns, especially faces, in places where they actually aren't.

I still think this is pretty cool, though.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Actually, I saw this on Discovery Channel's science show "Daily Planet", Ayanna, you should know that show, and everyone else that is from Canada and get the Discovery channel should know this show, hope that gives you Canadians something to think about. And no, this photo isn't "doctored" for everyone esle that never heard of this show before.....

Daily Planet's website

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Fools! It's a doctored image. This is the real image:

. And of course, there's Cydonia Mensae (the big face on Mars) I've sometimes wondered if this stuff indicates that there was once a civilization on Mars in the distant past or if it's just coincidence that these things look the way they do.
Actualy, the face on Mars is just a natural rock formation. All those images of it you see on the internet are from 1976. Our imaging technology has improved quite a bit since then, and when we look at it now in sharper resolution it looks nothing like a face. http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast24may_1.htm
Scroll to the bottom.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
I know. Read about it a while ago. This stuff is probably all what I posted in my last post (Pareidolia). It just happens to look like something.... such as when people see clouds that look like objects. It's just weird that there are so many things like this on a planet as desolate as Mars. Now, that doesn't mean there was never an intelligent civilization on Mars... but if there were, then we'd probably have been finding more indications than just a few random things like this. I guess what I'm really saying is that I just wish it were an indication of a past civilization.

Last edited:

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Hmmmm, who knows, space can be, no, wait, IS endless, who can say that if the big bang theory did happen here, why couldn't it happen anywhere else in another galaxy.....

*pops a balloon*

Woollyneck

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Other
Hmmmm, who knows, space can be, no, wait, IS endless, who can say that if the big bang theory did happen here, why couldn't it happen anywhere else in another galaxy.....

*pops a balloon*
I don't really understand the point you're trying to make here. Are you saying that the universe is so big that it wouldn't be too surprising if life happened to be somewhere out there?

I don't understand your reference to the big bang theory, either. That theory has to do with the creation of the universe, not our galaxy.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I always thought that the big bang theory created the galaxy from the universe...

And my point is the space is endless and I believe that there is a planet with life like ours somewhere out there, and we haven't found it, or never will, but I believe that it is out there somewhere. Look at all of the planets around us that had running water, take Mars and Venus for an example, at one time it was warm enough for water to run, so that mean that at one time, there must, in theory, be some sort of plant life as well to drink the running water. And I think that is what they are trying to find on Mars as we speak. Decayed traces of any plant life in the dirt......

Status
Not open for further replies.