A small review of Always Discreet underpants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparrow75

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I never thought I would ever buy and wear an Always product but now that Always is unexpectedly entering the incontinence market with a range of new products, I was really eager to test their underpants out, from a Drynite / Goodnite wearer point of view.

So here is a little review of the Always Discreet Plus (size: M) underpants.

Package

When opening the package, the scent coming from the pull-ups is the most surprising thing.
It’s not that strong, but still something very new.

DSCF1921.jpgDSCF1922.jpgDSCF1923.jpgDSCF1924.jpg

The pull-up

The outside of the pull-up feels soft and the discreet light purple flowers on the white background look pretty good.
It looks however much bigger after having unfolded it. It is much bigger than I had first expected, especially the big waistband that makes it look like a bit too much like granny underpants. The scent is stronger after having unfolded it as well. Not bad again, but I am wondering if this can be recognized if someone is wearing this pull-up next to you. Great to create a community of wearers but not very good for discretion I guess!

The absorbent part is thin but covers a large area and the pull-up has two blue leak guards.

DSCF1926.jpgDSCF1928.jpgDSCF1930.jpg

First impressions wearing it

My fear of the granny look became a reality at first. They do have a very high waistband that goes even to my belly button.
After folding this waistband inside, they look like more like real underwear and so it gets much more discreet, so that’s not such a big deal.

They immediately feel very comfortable with enough room inside and a nice feeling of the absorbent part on the back while sitting.

They are after all discreet under jeans as the absorbent part is pretty thin.

Absorbency

I am very impressed about their absorbency. They started to leak after wearing them 10 hours in a row without going to the loo and drinking normally (even a bit more as usual)

The pee is only absorbed after a while after having been contained between the leak guards. The dry feeling is not as good as on Goodnites I would say but still pretty good.

You can however really feel the thickness of the pull-up at the crotch when it is wet, but it remains very comfortable and you can still go on doing your activities (I walked a lot with wearing them). You can feel this same thickness pretty much on your bottom when sitting as well.

When pulling jeans down, you can’t smell any unwanted odor apart from the scent which is still there.

Conclusion

The Always Discreet Plus are very good pull-ups, very efficient, comfortable to wear and quite cute. I would however have preferred them without any scent.

Attachments

• DSCF1929.jpg
    DSCF1929.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 567

Transponyprincess

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Thank you for the review. I've been debating trying these out. I've been mostly using L-XL goodnites lately. Do you think the small size in these could fit me? I've been trying to figure out which size I should buy.

Sparrow75

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
If you fit in the L-XL goodnites, go for the M size of the Always Discreet, they fit me perfectly.

PaddedWife

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
my wife has been using these lately, we like them for a number of reasons..same company as pampers..try them they are everywhere now

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I tried them when they first came out. They were ok. As a male who vastly prefers "pointing up", I found the rise of the padding in front to be inadequate; it was far too easy to pee past the front edge and into the unpadded elastic. Whoops! As these are made for women, it's not surprising that the padding isn't totally male-friendly. Perhaps the rumored male or gender-neutral products to come will remedy this.

Sparrow75

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I don't like "pointing up" at all as I find it generally pretty inefficient, so that's why I don't have the problem. But if you prefer it this way, that's true the padding is inadequate with this pull-up.

thehiddenme

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I have tried these also and found they worked great. Like most diaper/pull ups it worked best to dribble and not flood. The only leak I had was when I let too much out at once and it didn't soak up in time. Once it was soaked in to the material it held it well.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Such a thing is rumoured?

Surely the 'always' brand would preclude such a thing?
Indeed. When word first came of the Always diapers, there was talk of P&G following up with a product for guys. No idea if/when such a thing will arrive, but like you, I'm pretty sure it won't be branded "Always."

Maybe P&G will create a "Never" brand. :)

Sparrow75

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have tried these also and found they worked great. Like most diaper/pull ups it worked best to dribble and not flood. The only leak I had was when I let too much out at once and it didn't soak up in time. Once it was soaked in to the material it held it well.

You are right, they can't handle a flood. If you don't flood however, they work great.

keepindl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I really like them, I just bought some more. They're really good and stay really soft even after use (unlike with Tena). I like that they are scented, and as I prefer pull-up brands, this one really works for me. I have yet to make them leak, which is something. And for girls (as I have found) if one kneels when using, I can use them fully, and wear nearly all day.

Sparrow75

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I really like them, I just bought some more. They're really good and stay really soft even after use (unlike with Tena). I like that they are scented, and as I prefer pull-up brands, this one really works for me. I have yet to make them leak, which is something. And for girls (as I have found) if one kneels when using, I can use them fully, and wear nearly all day.

You're right, they are definitely better than the Tena discreet underwear that I tried once as well (even if they are for girls too). Much better fit, better absorption and even after a long day.
I today walked a lot in them, went up- and downstairs a lot, and moved a lot overall and they are still very comfortable and absorbed well too. I like the feeling of wearing them when they have swelled.
I have used them in several positions (sitting, standing, kneeling) and worked great. You are right that kneeling may be the best way to spread the liquid in all absorbent parts. And although they work great for boys, I am sure they are even more optimized for you girls as the liquid enters directly the nappy without any detour and at the most absorbent part.

keepindl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You're right, they are definitely better than the Tena discreet underwear that I tried once as well (even if they are for girls too). Much better fit, better absorption and even after a long day.
I today walked a lot in them, went up- and downstairs a lot, and moved a lot overall and they are still very comfortable and absorbed well too. I like the feeling of wearing them when they have swelled.
I have used them in several positions (sitting, standing, kneeling) and worked great. You are right that kneeling may be the best way to spread the liquid in all absorbent parts. And although they work great for boys, I am sure they are even more optimized for you girls as the liquid enters directly the nappy without any detour and at the most absorbent part.

Yeah, I was surprised :) I didn't expect much from that company, but Tena get hard, and sometimes the GN didn't fit so well, depending. So granny panty or not, it definitely serves my needs, and I'm pretty happy with it. Just be sure not to flood as was mentioned before. Gently, is the best :p

Sparrow75

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Yeah, I was surprised :) I didn't expect much from that company, but Tena get hard, and sometimes the GN didn't fit so well, depending. So granny panty or not, it definitely serves my needs, and I'm pretty happy with it. Just be sure not to flood as was mentioned before. Gently, is the best :p

They look less like granny panty if you fold the waist band inside, which make them look better (well, not like real underpants, but a bit more!). GN fit me well however, and I must admit I find them cuter. But still, I may find these Always ones the best.

keepindl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
They look less like granny panty if you fold the waist band inside, which make them look better (well, not like real underpants, but a bit more!). GN fit me well however, and I must admit I find them cuter. But still, I may find these Always ones the best.

Oh, good idea! I never thought about that folding :) I'll try it. Maybe I can double up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.