A rumour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
This doesn't have much meaning to it, this is just a general question that I'm interested in finding an answer to.

I heard that apparently, wearing a diaper often can lead to incontinence. And apparently this is because after wearing a diaper for a few years, and allowing yourself to use it whenever you like, this causes the body to get used to it and causes incontinence (be it night-time, or day-time too). So my question is, is this true?
I'm slightly interested due to the fact that it'd be nice to HAVE to wear a diaper to bed every night, but I want to be prepared. :p

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
Yes and no.

It is possible to become incontinent if you allow yourself to be - but it requires a lot of work. It's not a matter of "wearing a diaper often" - you'd have to be completely 24/7. And becoming incontinent isn't just physical, it's also pretty mental too.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
It's true, but it's also no fun.

Better to wear a diaper when you want. (You'll never be able to go swimming.)

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I would say yes, but it takes months apon months of wearing 24/7 for that to happen.

Brittany

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Haha, yeah I get your points.
It was just a passing thought I heard quite a while ago. So I thought I'd dedicate a little thread to it to gain some more nappy knowledge. :D

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
forum tips in the wiki(Moo) said:
There is no safe, fast way to become incontinent. The only way to safely become incontinent is to stay in diapers 24/7, and use them for everything, until you "forget" how to control yourself. This usually takes a year or two. Quick short cuts to incontinence (like enemas) are often dangerous to your health.
this is just a piece of info from the wiki.

NovaSurf

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I think loosing control or becoming incontinent depends on the person's will power, i can imagine that some peole could probabbly be untrained easier than others. Personally, being incont, I can't understand why anyone would want to do it.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yes, it is entirely possible to give up your bladder control while wearing diapers. This is not automatically done just by wearing diapers. The individual must actually train the bladder to automatically empty when full. This is rather difficult, possibly taking years of constant diaper wearing.

Continence is separated into night time and day time. Once does not have to wear 24/7 to become incontinent. During the night, the brain must first wake up the individual before the full bladder signal is received. During the day, the individual is prepared to receive the signal already. During the day, activities may also be separated into "diapers automatic" or "toilet option required."

My experience lacks 24/7 wear and is closer to 8-9 hours per day, every day. In the past, I have worn diapers more often during the day and started to lose control during those times that diapers were too often used. After noticing the loss of control, I took steps to ensure that never happens. While I am awake and wearing, I always hold my bladder for a little while before releasing to ensure that I remain in control. At night is the opposite scenario. The wake up signal has become unreliable after years of neglect. Currently, I am trying to regain bladder control at night.

I hope this answers your question.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I'd have to think that once you are toilet trained, a large part of this is mental, so I agree with NovaSurf that you have to really want to become incontinent (either day or night) in order to do it.

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
Becoming incontinent with just diapers would be impossible. But it's how you use them that would dictate the loss, even if it's only slightly, of continence. It's more a matter of, if you let yourself "go" whenever the urge hits you can become a lot less continent, even if you don't wear diapers all the time. There are various method's to obtain it, and different scenarios for each. Some say to stay in diapers all the time, but the reason it takes years is because you may still be using the toilet occasionally or holding it back. It doesn't matter if you wear diapers or not. If you want to actually become incontinent, you have to wet regardless of what you happen to be wearing, whenever you feel the urge...After a while this can turn into "urge incontinence"...And it works for both day and night. As long as you hold back some during the day, you'll naturally retain your continence. Also, for the mental factor, you'll have to naturally just go, so if you feel bad or embarrassed having someone find out you are incontinent, it'll only slow you down, as emotionally you don't actually want to give up control, and therefor you hold back automatically. This is exactly why some people say you should make everyone you know aware of your diapers if you plan on doing it - because then there's less of an emotional block. If you really want to wet the bed at night, you may need to forget the diapers sometimes and stick to your routine, because after all it's not because you wear diapers that you lose control, but because you let yourself lose control that it slips away. If you don't want that, simply hold back when you need to go and wear whenever you actually want to, not all the time.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
As someone who is incino, it is hard for me to see the draw. Why people would CHOOSE for this to happen. It will only happen by choice or sheer neglect (as for being caused only by diapers.)
While... for some people who engage in this they will be much happier, and healthier. The kind of diet you must be on for this to occur is very narrow... and one people of their "stature" should be on to begin with. This is not meant to be something that is played with. It is a life changing decision. Its like having a sex change. You have to think of yourself as being COMPLETELY helpless to control yourself.
It is fun for a while... but then you realize your limits. You need to carry around a bag everywhere, you need to be aware of the diapers condition. When you have no control you cannot tell when you are wet. Or tell when you have wet. (or worse). Then there is the heat issue. A lot of heat down there causes yeast infections in women, and testicular damage in men. Which is why you should limit wearing to begin with. Needing to go 24/7 for a part of my life has also stunted my growth, took away some of the fun, made it a more personal thing, and.... made them not as exciting.
On the hole its a bad idea.
But, for some they don't feel complete unless they have done this to them self. Just as some don't feel complete without cutting off an arm, castrating them self, having a sex change, etc. ITs just something that they... needed.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
As someone who is incino, it is hard for me to see the draw. Why people would CHOOSE for this to happen. It will only happen by choice or sheer neglect (as for being caused only by diapers.)
Then there is the heat issue. A lot of heat down there causes yeast infections in women, and testicular damage in men.
O RLY!
anyone has a choice if their ab/tb/dl/ic/, like Darkfinn, he has moved to bigger and better things besides incontinence. people get in accedents and have to wear all their lives and thats sooo sad.
"sheer neglect"? like punishment in girls, I have seen that in videos and pictures. but not in RL. like every time im at the movies i always think about if there was a punished girl with supplements. that hasnt happened yet.
Testicle damage!?!? thats on the list of reasons not to be incon.

Last edited:

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
testicular damage in men.
Temporary, from what I've heard. It just supposedly reduces sperm production, which can go back to normal after a while. I'm no doctor though.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Temporary, from what I've heard. It just supposedly reduces sperm production, which can go back to normal after a while. I'm no doctor though.

I could see that, since diapers are most like whitey-tighty underwear, which are known to decrease sperm production

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
O RLY!
anyone has a choice id their ab/tb/dl/ic/, like Darkfinn, he has moved to bigger and better things besides incontinence. people get in accedents and have to wear all their lives and thats sooo sad.
"sheer neglect"? like punishment in girls, I have seen that in videos and pictures. but not in RL. like every time im at the movies i always think about if there was a punished girl with supplements. that hasnt happened yet.
Testicle damage!?!? thats on the list of reasons not to be incon.
*facePAAAAAAALM*
beta.... I mean neglect as in, they let them selves go..... the arent resposnible about their wearing.. sheesh.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Wearing 24/7 for long periods of time will definately degrade your control and may lead to incontinence over time. I've been wearing for a while now and I certainly do not have the bladder strength or capacity that I once did.

But we are talking about very long periods of time here... like a year or longer.

db70db70

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I could see that, since diapers are most like whitey-tighty underwear, which are known to decrease sperm production
I am pretty sure that's urban legend, saw somewhere that when they measured it the difference was so small it was insignificant

cpndl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
When I wear long term 24/7 on weekends or vacations, I definitely see reduced bladder control. I always urinate at the slightest urge. If you use your diaper like this for any length of time, you will lose some control. It takes me about half a day to get back to "normal" control.

cpndl

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I can tell you... and LuvsGurl can confirm if you want her to... there is no decrease in sperm production. Everything works just fine. :D

Role
Incontinent
I can tell you... and LuvsGurl can confirm if you want her to... there is no decrease in sperm production. Everything works just fine. :D
TMI, DF!! Personally, being incontiennt, I don't really get why someone would want to become incontinent. The negatives outweigh the positives big time. Carrying a diaper bag is deffinitely one of the negatives. Though, girls can get away with this easier than boys can. Another negative is always trying to find a place to change. Some of the countries I have been to didn't have very good facilities(This was before the accident). TBO, I would rather be able to choose when I wanted to wear diapers, instead of having to wear them all the time. But, I'm making the best of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.