• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

A resounding triumph for the apathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSiltStrider

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
"Meh" now a real word. At least according to Harper Collins.

So, what do you think of the newest addition to the English language? Good? Bad? General disinterest, best expressed by the addition in question?

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I use "Meh" as ether Don't know, Inbetween or just Whatever.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Well I find this very exciting and evidence that the english language is constantly changing in the world around us. Of course people who obsess over english should be will view this as a travesty and the further death of 'good' language. But the function of language is to first, woo the opposite sex, and two express one thoughts. Just because one can use a three letter word instead of a five, seven, eleven, or longer doesn't make any word better.

Yeah, I wanted to see how long of a post I could make about this, not much more than that.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
So...what does it mean?
Meh =...
...funky accent for "me"?
..."whatever?! Leave me alone"?
...(I can't think of anything to say and grunting doesn't fit the occasion)

Peachy

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
So...what does it mean?
"Yeah. Nah. Maybe. Dunno. Bleh. Kinda. Whatever. But mainly, I don't really care."

===
I can't think of anything witty to post.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I love watching how languages change but the addition of a word is not that big. A word becomes used - it catches on - enough people use it for it to move into general usage. Not a big deal!

I am interested in the topic in general, but the whole apathy tied into the word meh seems to have infected me.

Status
Not open for further replies.