Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Incontinent
Hia^^ so I've been looking into cloth diapers as an alt to the depends with tabs I've been using. I've looked around quite a bit and the best deal to reviews is babykins cloth diapers and plastic pants. Now I was wondering if anyone here uses them and how long they've lasted them before they needed to replace them. I spend a ruff 350 dollars In depends but would more if I wore everyday like I wish I could, but I must wear every night do to bed wetting and...for other reasons that I have to...but I digress, if anyone has or dose wear cloth, is it worth the starting cost for the cloth to use cloth? Thanks for any help -Anna

stanley19802

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Hello,

I have used cloth diapers before. Mostly as soaker pads. I was using the toddler size cloth diapers. With cloth diapers, you get what you pay for. Cloth diapers, if taken care of will last for 10 years or more I have heard depending on use. Obviously if you only have a few you will be washing very often and they will break down sooner. But if you have a decent supply, they will last several years. I wouldn't recommend waiting more than 2-3 days to wash dirty cloth diapers. I soaked mine in a cap full of bleach, and some baby shampoo. Then when I washed them, I would wash them with the soap, and then run the full wash cycle again but this time no soap at all. Then dry as normal. They would come out very clean. And for plastic pants, don't use creams as they will eat the plastic and turn them brittle. But yea, you do save a lot of money in the long run because after you buy them, your only out the money it costs to wash them. I went back to disposables when I moved and my new place doesn't have washer/dryer hookups. But hope that helps. :)

-Baby Stanley

Waddles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I have some of the Kins all-in-ones, as well as just the cloth alone that needs a coverpant, they are three years old, not in them evry night, but probably have 500 nights wear on them now, 2 pair of each. So far the ones with the cover attached have held up the best, the ones without have very loose elastic in the legs, but are still useable. Sure saves alot of $$$ on disposables as I wear for wetting at night as well, and they make a great cover for a dispoasble for heavy nights when I have more output. Hope that helps. :smile:

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I wear Dependeco cloth AIO every night. Been wearing them now for over a year and diapers are showing no wear. They have sewn in PUL
liners so I don't use plastic pants anymore. Here's the link all in one adult baby cloth diapers I have ten of these all together and paid for themselves
in a little over six months. I also use a stuffer with them and haven't had a leak.

saoradh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Hi,
I wear a pre shaped inotex cloth diaper with plastic pants or most of the time with an pre shaped cloth diaper of aichner over it.
I find that the combination of both cloth diapers is very comfortable,
the inotex diaper is completely out of cotton and can hold about 2200 ml but you can't wear it without plastic pants as the outside becomes wet as well.
the aichner diaper can hold only 350ml but has a plastic outer layer, is quite thin and has those anti leak sides that disposable diapers have too. The combination of both is a very comfortable cloth diaper that is not too thin nor too thick.
I move a lot when I sleep and mostly my diapers are soaking wet in the morning but have never had a leak.
Also it's not uncomfortable in hot summers.
I have spend many nights, mornings and evenings wearing this combination.

The only thing you have to remember is not to wash your diapers after you washed a load of new items or items that loose their color. my wife washed a couple after a load of new red towels and I got a couple of pink diapers back.
I got new ones to replace them. My wife didn't mind but I just didn't want to walk around or be seen by her in pink diapers.

I got mine from Maree Medical voor uw incontinentie- en zorgartikelen, wegwerpluiers, hansops en speciale kleding

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
If you want good quality plastic pants i'd get them here The AdultClothDiaper.Com Home Page but they don't come in cute prints unfortunately. I like their plastic pants though because most other stuff tends to wear into your legs after a while and start to get uncomfortable.

C

CrinklySiren

Babykins cloth diapers all the way! They even sell cloth inserts. I would recommend either Babykins or Dependco AIO diapers on ebay. Whatever you do, don't buy the cloth diapers from ABU (if they still sell them)... .totally dreadful... leaks RIGHT through the cloth as if you were wearing nothing at all.

Waddles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
That's too funny, I have one that is not so white anymore, but pruple... at least it's colourful! All white is a bit of a bore, but I am not about to go dyeing them to add some spice! :laugh:

The only thing you have to remember is not to wash your diapers after you washed a load of new items or items that loose their color. my wife washed a couple after a load of new red towels and I got a couple of pink diapers back.
I got new ones to replace them. My wife didn't mind but I just didn't want to walk around or be seen by her in pink diapers.
/QUOTE]

Binky

Rep for Binkygirl AB Creations
Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I wear Dependeco cloth AIO every night. Been wearing them now for over a year and diapers are showing no wear. They have sewn in PUL
liners so I don't use plastic pants anymore. Here's the link all in one adult baby cloth diapers I have ten of these all together and paid for themselves
in a little over six months. I also use a stuffer with them and haven't had a leak.

I have used these and they wick to the outside of the diaper all the time. I do not always use stuffers though cause I do not have them. I am thinking of purchasing so Snap-ez pocket diapers as they have some pretty good reviews on them.

oscar

Yawn!
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Ive been using for long while have 2 minki huggies pocket type night time type plus 2 waffle type more for day but not very good unless pad out. also got 2 terry ones from sandi's clobber on flea bay there bit like a contour and wrap round just take while to dry as padded but all terry there ok though plus a lighter one which is ok for daytime plus 2 bambinex all in one wrap round which are good. They all have lasted ok.I have quite alot of gary pants either high waist or normal most are in 007. thickness so heavier pvc with comfort elastic(covered) Gary make for most people like tuffy they just have them badged for them also have some polyurethane which are thin but noisy but last very long time as urine hardens pvc.
You can get Gary in original which is elastic on edge but A that pulls away and B also wicks.
Gary does some popper pants have a pair in 007 high waist in sapphire blue along with some others which i will be selling off (teddy bear or something prints)
always try to get heat sealed sides and legs but sometimes with legs they can be not so good.

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hia^^ so I've been looking into cloth diapers as an alt to the depends with tabs I've been using. I've looked around quite a bit and the best deal to reviews is babykins cloth diapers and plastic pants. Now I was wondering if anyone here uses them and how long they've lasted them before they needed to replace them. I spend a ruff 350 dollars In depends but would more if I wore everyday like I wish I could, but I must wear every night do to bed wetting and...for other reasons that I have to...but I digress, if anyone has or dose wear cloth, is it worth the starting cost for the cloth to use cloth? Thanks for any help -Anna

Most cloth diapers will last you roughly 500+ washes depending how you care for them. Never use bleach or fabric softener as it will damage them and also make them less absorbent.

Pre-fold cloth diapers are great. They are easier to maintain and are very effective, you do not need pins, you can use Snappi fasteners or boingo fasteners, they are great alternatives to pins.

Before you make a large investment you should go to a store and purchase a sewing measuring tape and properly measure yourself around the belly button and around your legs at the crotch. Baby pants has a good size chart which shows plastic pant sizes stretched/unstretched as well as cloth diapers washed/pre-washed.

If you find yourself in between sizes buy the larger one.

The diapers will be need to be washed and dried at least 3 times to get the diapers to function properly.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
If you want good quality plastic pants i'd get them here The AdultClothDiaper.Com Home Page but they don't come in cute prints unfortunately. I like their plastic pants though because most other stuff tends to wear into your legs after a while and start to get uncomfortable.

I use these as well, the night weight gauze, and they've lasted me a number of years and are still going strong. I also use their Leakmaster high back plastic pants, and as Tyger says, they are very soft and comfortable. The high backs cover the entire diaper including the back.

binkey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I got a great buy on 18 Rearz prefold diapers, something less than $10 US per diaper. Can't recall just where I saw the deal, but it was an excellent buy. They fit well, and have reasonable absorbency by themselves, but I usually add 6-8 toddler birdseye diapers as boosters, which can allow a full night and all morning without ever using the potty. The Rearz are a twill weave, in a 4-10-4 layer pattern. If I'm going out in public I often wear only the diaper itself, but around the house and overnight I add the toddler diapers as stuffers for more absorbency.

I've used the Kins diapers as well, and find them quite comfortable until they get old and lose their fuzzy nap. BabyKins does make adult size diapers in baby prints, which is nice. However, any cloth diaper (or plastic pants) can be dyed using RIT dyes, so you can have diapers and plastic pants any color you like.

My long time favorite plastic pants are COMCO, but I undertstand the original company has gone out of business. The other COMCO company, a spin-off by a former employee has very similar plastic pants which are thicker than most and very durable. I also like the Gary high back plastic pants, as they cover my diaper very well, even with several added baby diapers for stuffers.

In the long run cloth diapers are MUCH less expensive than disposables. Additionally, I find that quality disposables such as Molicare Super Plus or ABU Super Dry Kids are actually a better value than Depends, as I use far fewer of the better quality diapers. They cost more per diaper, of course, but using fewer of them compared to the ABU SDK actually makes the more expensive diaper a significantly better value!

Bottom line (pun intended), cloth diapers are the best value with high quality disposables next best. Depends and other similar diapers simply don't have the absorbency to make them worthwhile.

That's my :twocents:, and now it's :bedtime:. Hope this helps a bit.

Binkey

lokithegirlysergal

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Incontinent
Oh thank you all so much for your help and advise, i definitely will be getting cloth diapers when i have the money. but all this has helped me decide on it for sure...so thank you all so much once again i cant tell you how much it all helped ^^

allen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have been wearing cloth diapers for many years for day and night .The 40 twill diapers from Rearz that I purchased a year ago have been
the best for wear and no leaks.

chuck

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Cloth diapers are great if you can take care of them. They last forever and you just have to wash them every week. I like gauze ones and use 4 layers at night with plastic pants. I save my disposables for daytime mostly or if I am away from home.

bebehuey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Private
I use both disposable and cloth both. For work or whenever I'm away from home for any long period of time I wear a disposable, this allows me to get a case to last more than a month usually. I keep one disposable and one cloth diaper with a cloth stuffer in my work truck, If I have to change in the afternoon, I will usually switch to cloth then. At home, or or going about town, a cloth one is fine. I've been using mostly Dependecos with prints for more than a year now without issue, 2 to 3 a day. I do strongly recommend washing within a couple of days from using though. I left a print diaper in the pail for a week once when I was out of town, the print blotched badly, I still use it all the time though, and it hasn't suffered any loss in performance. One note, I don't pre-soak my diapers, I do wash in hot water with OxyClean though. Reason I don't presoak is because my washer is pretty small, and thus, I never get more than 2 days before having to wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.