A question about Rearz "Select Two Tapes"

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I tried a package of the Rearz Select "Two Tapes" diapers, after some problems adjusting the tapes, i was happy with them.

What other diaper has got the same plastic outside? I think it is not the same as the InControl Essentials i tested, but i am not sure.
I prefer the diaper to be without any prints, but i like to find a product like the "Two Tapes" but with four tapes? Any ideas?

Last edited:

HalMidLife

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi Pino, my best guess is you're thinking of the Incontrol Inspire +. They might have started using the taping guide on those - I'm not sure as I haven't used them in several years - but the ones I used in 2019 or so were plain white and they also had the landing zone heavy plastic. The Incontrol Essential has been my staple for a couple of years. I personally love the taping guide. I thought it was a gimmick at first, but I really do find it to be helpful. I also use the Rearz Select sometimes too, and I also found it to be a bit tricky to get the tapes right.

Reactions: Diprs2

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
HalMidLife said:
Hi Pino, my best guess is you're thinking of the Incontrol Inspire +. They might have started using the taping guide on those - I'm not sure as I haven't used them in several years - but the ones I used in 2019 or so were plain white and they also had the landing zone heavy plastic. The Incontrol Essential has been my staple for a couple of years. I personally love the taping guide. I thought it was a gimmick at first, but I really do find it to be helpful. I also use the Rearz Select sometimes too, and I also found it to be a bit tricky to get the tapes right.
Hi, i got the tapes under control on the Select, but the capacity is not as good as others, the "landing zone" for the tapes is O.K., i am looking for the same plastic on the rest of diaper, it is much better than anything else i have tested, even better than the Betterdry. The Cloudrys have much more capacity, but the plastic cover is not my first choice and the fit is not as good.

I can not explain why i like the "Select" that much, they do not fit extraordinary good, the tapes can be tricky and the capacity is not the best. :oops:

Anyway, i will have a look at the Inspire+.

Last edited:

HalMidLife

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Pino said:
Hi, i got the tapes under control on the Select, but the capacity is not as good as others, the "landing zone" for the tapes is O.K., i am looking for the same plastic on the rest of diaper, it is much better than anything else i have tested, even better than the Betterdry. The Cloudrys have much more capacity, but the plastic cover is not my first choice and the fit is not as good.

I can not explain why i like the "Select" that much, they do not fit extraordinary good, the tapes can be tricky and the capacity is not the best. :oops:

Anyway, i will have a look at the Inspire+.
I hear you :) I use the Select about 25% of the time, but I definitely don't find them to be as good as the Essential (my staple). I use the Select mostly because they are good, and the Pampers resemblance is fun. But for sure, the 4 taped Incontrol / Rearz diapers are better in most regards.

blaincorrous

All Puns Intended
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
If your body shape works with single tape, you can generally wear them lower on your body, which is my general preference. I've never liked diapers that reach up to my belly button because of my dad-bod beer belly, but I have a surprisingly well-defined pelvis that handles a lower-rise better than my height and weight would suggest. I also like how single-tape smooths out the wrinkles in a landing zone and keeps them from leaving as many uncomfortable marks on my skin.

I prefer to describe these as single tape since "two tape" or "double tape" could be misconstrued as "only two" or "two per side", sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Pino

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
HalMidLife said:
I hear you :) I use the Select about 25% of the time, but I definitely don't find them to be as good as the Essential (my staple). I use the Select mostly because they are good, and the Pampers resemblance is fun. But for sure, the 4 taped Incontrol / Rearz diapers are better in most regards.
Is the foil the same for Select and Essentials?

HalMidLife

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Pino said:
Is the foil the same for Select and Essentials?
To be honest, I don't remember for sure, but I think they are different. The backing on the Select is more "vinyl-like" than any other diaper I've used. Rearz / Incontrol definitely use a lot of different plastics. I also sometimes use the Hybrid Elite and the plastic on those is again different than either Essential (which I find to be the softest) or the Select.